Obama sending troops to africa to serve at miltary advisors, 100 of them. Vol. Cliffs4lazy

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

And stop with this bs about Obama being a war mongerer. He hasn't done anything wrong like the past administration. .

That's plain ignorant and kind of upsetting to read. If you're going to call bush and cheney war mongers, you better damn make sure you place that title on the hundreds of congressmen in the house and the democratic majority senate that voted to kick start this thing. And don't give me this crap about how they were lied to, because if you do, it is an indictment on this current president for taking the reigns on this false adventure and kicking it up a notch. And removes any shred of innocence he has in this mess. Obama has doubled down on everything the last administration put in to place. And even took things a step further. Being steadfast on foreign issues is perhaps Obama's only leg to stand on in the coming election. Save for his apology world tour.From the surge in afghanistan to the new drone strikes in to pakistan territory to extraordinary rendition to extending the patriot act and on and on and on. Anyone who thinks Obama is innocent in all of this deserves an open handed slap across their face.

I'm dissapointed in cats talking about this is pointless. I woul sign up in a heartbeat to fight in the ivory coast,Darcie or Uganda.

After we send the troops home, what happens?

you think our country is gonna take care of that many soldiers. Look what happened in 'nam.

Also the VA hospitals are a joke. Veterans are not being debriefed aproppriately and their mental health is something that is not greatly monitored after the trauma they are put under.

eyes.gif

Originally Posted by newbuck

And stop with this bs about Obama being a war mongerer. He hasn't done anything wrong like the past administration. .

That's plain ignorant and kind of upsetting to read. If you're going to call bush and cheney war mongers, you better damn make sure you place that title on the hundreds of congressmen in the house and the democratic majority senate that voted to kick start this thing. And don't give me this crap about how they were lied to, because if you do, it is an indictment on this current president for taking the reigns on this false adventure and kicking it up a notch. And removes any shred of innocence he has in this mess.

Obama has doubled down on everything the last administration put in to place. And even took things a step further. Being steadfast on foreign issues is perhaps Obama's only leg to stand on in the coming election. Save for his apology world tour.

From the surge in afghanistan to the new drone strikes in to pakistan territory to extraordinary rendition to extending the patriot act and on and on and on. Anyone who thinks Obama is innocent in all of this deserves an open handed slap across their face.

obama isnt as strong on his own words as i had hoped ill give you that, but get outta here tryin to paint obama like he's no better than bush. not that i wanna derail this thread too much but that administration put our economy on the line to invade a country we had no business being in watsoever. people bought into the bs because they were so blinded by their anger towards muslims post 9.11. at the end of the day, obama is cleaning up the last administration's mess. he's black tho so he's under a microscope...come at me bro and tell me im lying.

now im not 100% on this so feel free to clarify, but didn't bush authorize the invasion on his own accord? it wasn't an official declaration of war, and the president has the power to send troops wherever he pleases regardless of what congress votes. (last time a declaration of war was made in congress was ww2).

also wasn't congress majority GOP during his time?

Originally Posted by sreggie101

That's plain ignorant and kind of upsetting to read. If you're going to call bush and cheney war mongers, you better damn make sure you place that title on the hundreds of congressmen in the house and the democratic majority senate that voted to kick start this thing. And don't give me this crap about how they were lied to, because if you do, it is an indictment on this current president for taking the reigns on this false adventure and kicking it up a notch. And removes any shred of innocence he has in this mess.

Obama has doubled down on everything the last administration put in to place. And even took things a step further. Being steadfast on foreign issues is perhaps Obama's only leg to stand on in the coming election. Save for his apology world tour.

From the surge in afghanistan to the new drone strikes in to pakistan territory to extraordinary rendition to extending the patriot act and on and on and on. Anyone who thinks Obama is innocent in all of this deserves an open handed slap across their face.

obama isnt as strong on his own words as i had hoped ill give you that, but get outta here tryin to paint obama like he's no better than bush. not that i wanna derail this thread too much but that administration put our economy on the line to invade a country we had no business being in watsoever. people bought into the bs because they were so blinded by their anger towards muslims post 9.11. at the end of the day, obama is cleaning up the last administration's mess. he's black tho so he's under a microscope...come at me bro and tell me im lying.

now im not 100% on this so feel free to clarify, but didn't bush authorize the invasion on his own accord? it wasn't an official declaration of war, and the president has the power to send troops wherever he pleases regardless of what congress votes. (last time a declaration of war was made in congress was ww2).

Subjective opinions to justify your belief this administration can do no wrong.

The use of military actions against nations that have "planned, authorized, committed, or aided.." terrorist attack on 911 was approved by the Senate 98-0 and the House 420-1.  Senate voted 77-23 to "use military action" in Iraq, since you don't want to call it declaring war.  29 of 50 Democrats voted for war, one independent voted against war.  So in essences the Democrats had their chance to stop this act of war if they so strongly believed against it at the time.  House voted 296-133 to "use military action" in Iraq.  82 Democratic votes for war, 39% agreeing with this is enormous for the "party of peace."  Both parties committed us to Iraq and both parties need to commit to getting our people home ASAP!

Where did Obama go to, to get permission to send missiles and soldiers to Libya?  Yes soldiers were on the ground.  Oops, they were "advisors."  And now Obama is sending 100 "military advisors" to Uganda (and other nations).

Hatred for Muslims was the cause huh?  I'm curious, how old were you on 9-11-01?  Because it just happened to be Muslim organizations from Muslim nations that attacked us and the US brought a hell-fury back at them, it is now described hatred for Muslims.  Are there idiot bigots everywhere- yes.  Will media latch on to them to glorify their story- you bet.  Do the vast majority of Americans have anger towards Muslims- no way of knowing, but probably no.  At the time, Americans were largely ignorant of Muslim nations because there was no interaction between both sides.  Then they wake up and see Muslim nation after nation rejoicing after the attacks.  So an initial anger is somewhat acceptable.  Then ignorance is replaced with learning about who these people are, what different sects are there to their religion and learning who is the real enemy.  Will there always be bigots who want to make their voice louder that it really is- yes!  But, don't stereotype all (over even the slight majority) of Americans as being driven by anger toward Muslims as an effort to "derail" our economy.  Unless you are a tin-foil hat that believes it was an inside job, remember that the US was not engaged in a war prior to 9-11.

Enough of the black president thing already, Obama is under the microscope for his policies.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Race baiting topics is a cop out.

His administration backdoored a questionable healthcare law through congress using strategies and ploys that he refuted during his campaign.  He has numerous "Chicago-style" scandals going on right now (not to say that any administration is scandal free).  He continued the Bush administration policies towards the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.  And now Libya and this current conflict.  His way of fixing our financial system is through "shovel-ready" jobs that cost the US tax payers about $250,000+ a pop and only benefit a niche of the economic sector- which just so happens to be the unions that supported him, and do nothing to fix the real problems.  Then when all else fails, advocate class warfare- which will solve nothing.  You can tax the rich at 100%, but if you don't stop spending and tell people that they can't have everything they want... well, let's just say look at Europe and Greece especially, and that is what we have in our future under his economic policies.

His policies on war, his big spending, his continued support of bail-outs to financial industries are all reminiscent of Bush.  I know you NT liberals don't like hearing it, but those two parties are one in the same.  So yes, Obama is very much like Bush.  And as for him "cleaning up;" he is coming up on year 4, has only made things worse.  And frankly, he seems lost as to what needs to be done.

Side note:  I find it cute how the Obama supporters on this site love to use the term "come at me bro," as if they are insecure in what they are saying.  And I won't say you are lying, I'll say you are confused.  Lying implies that you mean deceit, I think there is so much inflammatory information out there from both sides that mistruths are abundant and do exactly what they want; pit the American people against each other and then shove through policy after policy till one day the public wakes up and finds that all our freedoms have been stripped away.

Unlike Iraq, sending troops to Africa is reasonable. There are too many legitimate atrocities occurring on that continent to give the cold shoulder. And stop with this bs about Obama being a war mongerer. He hasn't done anything wrong like the past administration. Sure he hasn't pulled out of the Middle East right away but you can't do that kinda thing overnight and we'll be out of there in due time. Too much time is being sent aiding and strengthening the local governments to bring troops home to a country where jobs are nonexistent.
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Good grief! My fellow Americans are so blind it's absolutely sickening. Head back to your TV. Your Real World, Jersey Shore, and CNN await you.

Enough of the black president thing already, Obama is under the microscope for his policies.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Race baiting topics is a cop out.
Its a cop out huh? Keep telling yourself that. We live a world with racial constructs...there is no denying that...by calling race discussions a cop out it's in fact you who are copping out with reality and attempting to brush it under the rug like y'all have for 400+ years.

remember that the US was not engaged in a war prior to 9-11
thats the biggest lie I've ever heard
roll.gif
...why don't you leave your opinion out of legitimate discussions...the tin-foil hat thing is another strike...it can't be considered an inside job if all the information is on the surface...and some people just aren't comfortable enough with themselves to acknowledge it

...there are plenty of engineers and scientists who are calling for more thorough investigation into the events that make up 9/11.

http://www.ae911truth.org/

As far this operation goes....I  support it...Africa is the future...

militancy is reality...how do you think we get out of the first Great Depression?

Originally Posted by B Smooth 202

Its a cop out huh? Keep telling yourself that. We live a world with racial constructs...there is no denying that...by calling race discussions a cop out it's in fact you who are copping out with reality and attempting to brush it under the rug like y'all have for 400+ years.

remember that the US was not engaged in a war prior to 9-11
thats the biggest lie I've ever heard
roll.gif
...why don't you leave your opinion out of legitimate discussions...the tin-foil hat thing is another strike...it can't be considered an inside job if all the information is on the surface...and some people just aren't comfortable enough with themselves to acknowledge it

...there are plenty of engineers and scientists who are calling for more thorough investigation into the events that make up 9/11.

http://www.ae911truth.org/

As far this operation goes....I  support it...Africa is the future...

militancy is reality...how do you think we get out of the first Great Depression?

Race baiting is a common tool used to derail legitimate conversations as to Obama's inability to "change" and deliver on his campaign promises and his continuation of Bush's failed policies as well as his inability to come up with solutions to this failed economy.  Fact is, he is another political blowhard that is using the same tactics as Bush.  When people don't agree with "your" political beliefs and Obama's policies, the race card is quite frequently thrown out there in an attempt to discredit opinions that don't fall in with a given point of view.  It is a mere tactic to distract attention away from what the real issues are and take attention away from an inability to provide a counter constructive opinion.

What war were we in, in the year 2000? The US was at relative peace in the world despite several attacks by Al-Qaeda on '98 US embassies, the '00 USS Cole and the '93 World Trade Center.  The only other major actions were in the 90s; i.e. Kosovo- which was led by Nato and the first gulf war- our last true military war on foreign soil.  And to a lesser extent Somalia, which is what Obama has the potential to turn this into if he is not careful.

And because a few minority tin-foil heads such as yourself believe 9-11 was an inside job, doesn't mean that the rest of level headed society is "not comfortable" accepting your claims.  In fact, we are uncomfortable that it happened in the first place, we are uncomfortable that a group of terrorists hate us so much that they would kill thousands of innocent people.  So please save your "opinion" and put your cap back on... don't want anyone tapping into your head now.

And Africa is the future?  Of what?

You are so lost you don't even get it.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

The use of military actions against nations that have "planned, authorized, committed, or aided.." terrorist attack on 911 was approved by the Senate 98-0 and the House 420-1.  Senate voted 77-23 to "use military action" in Iraq, since you don't want to call it declaring war.  29 of 50 Democrats voted for war, one independent voted against war.  So in essences the Democrats had their chance to stop this act of war if they so strongly believed against it at the time.  House voted 296-133 to "use military action" in Iraq.  82 Democratic votes for war, 39% agreeing with this is enormous for the "party of peace."  Both parties committed us to Iraq and both parties need to commit to getting our people home ASAP!

Where did Obama go to, to get permission to send missiles and soldiers to Libya?  Yes soldiers were on the ground.  Oops, they were "advisors."  And now Obama is sending 100 "military advisors" to Uganda (and other nations).

Hatred for Muslims was the cause huh?  I'm curious, how old were you on 9-11-01?  Because it just happened to be Muslim organizations from Muslim nations that attacked us and the US brought a hell-fury back at them, it is now described hatred for Muslims.  Are there idiot bigots everywhere- yes.  Will media latch on to them to glorify their story- you bet.  Do the vast majority of Americans have anger towards Muslims- no way of knowing, but probably no.  At the time, Americans were largely ignorant of Muslim nations because there was no interaction between both sides.  Then they wake up and see Muslim nation after nation rejoicing after the attacks.  So an initial anger is somewhat acceptable.  Then ignorance is replaced with learning about who these people are, what different sects are there to their religion and learning who is the real enemy.  Will there always be bigots who want to make their voice louder that it really is- yes!  But, don't stereotype all (over even the slight majority) of Americans as being driven by anger toward Muslims as an effort to "derail" our economy.  Unless you are a tin-foil hat that believes it was an inside job, remember that the US was not engaged in a war prior to 9-11.

His administration backdoored a questionable healthcare law through congress using strategies and ploys that he refuted during his campaign.  He has numerous "Chicago-style" scandals going on right now (not to say that any administration is scandal free).  He continued the Bush administration policies towards the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.  And now Libya and this current conflict.  His way of fixing our financial system is through "shovel-ready" jobs that cost the US tax payers about $250,000+ a pop and only benefit a niche of the economic sector- which just so happens to be the unions that supported him, and do nothing to fix the real problems.  Then when all else fails, advocate class warfare- which will solve nothing.  You can tax the rich at 100%, but if you don't stop spending and tell people that they can't have everything they want... well, let's just say look at Europe and Greece especially, and that is what we have in our future under his economic policies.

His policies on war, his big spending, his continued support of bail-outs to financial industries are all reminiscent of Bush.  I know you NT liberals don't like hearing it, but those two parties are one in the same.  So yes, Obama is very much like Bush.  And as for him "cleaning up;" he is coming up on year 4, has only made things worse.  And frankly, he seems lost as to what needs to be done.

Side note:  I find it cute how the Obama supporters on this site love to use the term "come at me bro," as if they are insecure in what they are saying.  And I won't say you are lying, I'll say you are confused.  Lying implies that you mean deceit, I think there is so much inflammatory information out there from both sides that mistruths are abundant and do exactly what they want; pit the American people against each other and then shove through policy after policy till one day the public wakes up and finds that all our freedoms have been stripped away.

lol that response is brolic, but then again, this is politics. so ill play......im going from the top down, bear with me.

1. a fair response on the congressional vote tally but it doesn't address whether or not the president needs their votes for militaristic agression in the first place?

2. i described a hatred for muslims POST 9.11, meaning after the attacks. since the info came out the terrorists were muslim, the general population didn't care enough to think whether or not iraq was really connected....and btw the WTC was attacked before.

3. Enough with the black president thing? Wow you sound like a...
sick.gif
...a republican. This country is racist to the bone, his every move has been scrutinized to the fullest to the point where you have goddamn congressman calling him a liar in the house in the middle of his speech. BUSH FED THIS COUNTRY LIES FOR 8 YEARS and not ONE single senator shouted out a goddamn thing. he's been compared to hitler for trying to reform healthcare. whether or not you agree with his plan, comparing him to hitler is absurd. if i have to go into why, deactivate your acct and seek life elsewhere. the institutionalized racism in this country is strong and obama has been getting heat since he took office. PERIOD. moving on...

4. stop spending? def i agree. i would prefer to pull out of the middle east like yesterday, and i expect obama to get more agressive on this issue asap. this country def has to rethink its spending i agree. it turns out we spend BILLIONS still with our military overseas. i wonder who thought it best to put us there in the first place? the financial system is corrupt, and whether or not he has the right solution remains to be seen. but whoever deregulated wall street should be shot. imo, washington in general is pathetic with this regard, and the failure of the dodd frank act is a perfect example of how corrupt politicians slow the implementation of said Acts to better serve their political interest (read: wealthy). as for health care, i don't know enough about the bill to say i agree with every single thing, but there is a lot he pushed for that i thought was much needed. im 23 right out of college with an EE degree looking for a job. He is the reason i have health insurance now. Also he gets props for attacking that pre existing condition madness
30t6p3b.gif
. Above all else, he stood up and actually did something to address a broken healthcare system. why you so mad at that?

....class warfare? are you serious?
30t6p3b.gif
i know exactly who im debating now...

I know you NT conservatives don't like it, but our president is black...now tell me why you really mad. And Bush's economic policies was a setup for disaster from the get go. The consequences of which weren't fully realized until he left office, obviously....im strapped for time so ill keep it moving.

Obama made things worse?
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
and with that, im off to the supermarket.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

lol that response is brolic, but then again, this is politics. so ill play......im going from the top down, bear with me.

1. a fair response on the congressional vote tally but it doesn't address whether or not the president needs their votes for militaristic agression in the first place?

2. i described a hatred for muslims POST 9.11, meaning after the attacks. since the info came out the terrorists were muslim, the general population didn't care enough to think whether or not iraq was really connected....and btw the WTC was attacked before.

3. Enough with the black president thing? Wow you sound like a...
sick.gif
...a republican. This country is racist to the bone, his every move has been scrutinized to the fullest to the point where you have goddamn congressman calling him a liar in the house in the middle of his speech. BUSH FED THIS COUNTRY LIES FOR 8 YEARS and not ONE single senator shouted out a goddamn thing. he's been compared to hitler for trying to reform healthcare. whether or not you agree with his plan, comparing him to hitler is absurd. if i have to go into why, deactivate your acct and seek life elsewhere. the institutionalized racism in this country is strong and obama has been getting heat since he took office. PERIOD. moving on...

4. stop spending? def i agree. i would prefer to pull out of the middle east like yesterday, and i expect obama to get more agressive on this issue asap. this country def has to rethink its spending i agree. it turns out we spend BILLIONS still with our military overseas. i wonder who thought it best to put us there in the first place? the financial system is corrupt, and whether or not he has the right solution remains to be seen. but whoever deregulated wall street should be shot. imo, washington in general is pathetic with this regard, and the failure of the dodd frank act is a perfect example of how corrupt politicians slow the implementation of said Acts to better serve their political interest (read: wealthy). as for health care, i don't know enough about the bill to say i agree with every single thing, but there is a lot he pushed for that i thought was much needed. im 23 right out of college with an EE degree looking for a job. He is the reason i have health insurance now. Also he gets props for attacking that pre existing condition madness
30t6p3b.gif
. Above all else, he stood up and actually did something to address a broken healthcare system. why you so mad at that?

....class warfare? are you serious?
30t6p3b.gif
i know exactly who im debating now...

I know you NT conservatives don't like it, but our president is black...now tell me why you really mad. And Bush's economic policies was a setup for disaster from the get go. The consequences of which weren't fully realized until he left office, obviously....im strapped for time so ill keep it moving.

Obama made things worse?
indifferent.gif
roll.gif
and with that, im off to the supermarket.

Didn't even read, you're a sheep son.

Edit: I'll play your're game one more time son.

1.  Yes, the president did need their votes.
2.  I was talking post 9-11 kid.  And btw, not only was the WTC attacked in back in '93, Al-Qaeda attacked the USS Cole and bombed US embassies before 9-11.  By the way you are talking, probably before you were born. Nevermind (came back to edit), you were what, 4? 5?  I am sure you remember those times so well. 
3.  The race card is played out, simple as that.  Every legit criticism of Obama has nothing to do with race, you know it.  No matter how you want to explain away those that disagree with you as a racist doesn't even make you remotely close to the truth.  You want to label people you don't agree with as to discredit them... a.k.a. doesn't have a real argument to stand on.  Both parties have been comparing the other to Hitler.  It is the same as race baiting, distract and avoid the issue at hand.  Only difference is, you are willingly blind to it when it's "your" pony in the race doing it.    And calling me a republican... eeeewwww.  Conservative...  eeeeeeewwww.  NT sheep insults are great, you sound like a devout little liberal.  Son, I've never voted for either of your parties.  But I am educated enough to know when sheets are being pulled over my eyes.  This administration is corrupt as they come. 
4.  As for pre-existing conditions I agree with that.  But the way the HC law got done was very shady at best.  He didn't even get close to fixing HC, in fact time is going to prove that he destroyed HC.  How does 10 years of payments for 6 years work out?  On year 11+, HC is going to be running a deficit similar to SS.  Not to mention that the numbers have "quietly" being going up and up.  Double counting and all kinds of other tricks to get the numbers to work over 10 years.  Government HC is doomed to fail and take the whole system down with ith.  23, I would've guessed 16.  And since you see the need to plug your degree I have an BS & MS in EE and been working since before you started college.  I am not mad at anything, I am smart enough to recognize that government run "mostly" anything is destined to fail. 

Class warfare is exactly what this is.  I am part of a private union and I see exactly how they instruct us how to act in regards to politics.  You need to look no further than OWS and look up to who is encouraging them on.  I'll stick to free though and questioning everyone, even your liberal leaders.

And look, you have nothing realistic to say so you turn to race baiting. 
laugh.gif
, you couldn't even stop yourself from doing it; how predictable.  Makes you wonder who the real bigots are.  You are so lost you are a joke.  BTW, I did vote for a black candidate in the last election and his name wasn't Obama; so take your race baiting sshhh### outta here!

Yes Obama has made things drastically worse.  Bush was bad, Obama has provided nothing better.  And most of the failed economic problems were results of Clintons created bubble markets (dot com, housing).  Now we have an already proven failed bubbles- "shovel ready" infrastructure jobs and renewable energy.  USA need tech jobs (as an unemployed EE grad you should understand that.  Why are Obama's biggest supporters like GE sending their engineering jobs oversees to China?), we need manufacturing jobs, we need to produce something in a world economy.  The USA has become a complete consumer market.  Obama's only solution is to have the government employ people... Greece anyone.

Face it son, you are part of a party of hypocrites that don't have the USA's interest at heart just like the GOP!  My original crossed out statement is correct, you are a sheep.

I will agree that all our troops need to come home!

[h1]Rush Limbaugh says Obama is targeting Christians by fighting Lord's Resistance Army[/h1]
Rush Limbaugh, the American radio talk show host, says U.S. President Barack Obama is "targeting Christians" by sending troops to Uganda to fight the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA).

"Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them," Limbaugh said on his radio show, according to a transcript.

The LRA is a guerilla group that roams through Central Africa, and is accused of horrific atrocities, having killed an estimated 30,000 people over the last 20 years.

Under its messianic leader, Joseph Kony, the LRA is accused of mass rape, mutilation of victims by cutting off body parts such as lips and noses, kidnapping young girls to use as sex slaves, and forcing young boys to become child soldiers. Kony has said he is a "spokesperson" of God.

More from GlobalPost: PHOTOS: Obama sends 100 US troops to Uganda

Obama plans to deploy 100 U.S. troops to Uganda to help track down Kony, who is wanted by the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity. 

The LRA began in Uganda but has since moved through South Sudan, the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, thriving in poorly governed regions with little to no infrastructure.

"So that's a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians in Sudan, Uganda," Limbaugh said. "No, I'm not kidding." 

According to the Catholic Herald, LRA members crucified seven Christians during a series of raids on Sudanese villages in 2009.

[h3]Suggest & Vote[/h3]

• Charles Stinger suggests: Evo Morales won the Bolivian presidency on the strength of the indigenous population. A year later, Rafael Correa was...

• Banking Bombs suggests: With Dexia last week, the euro zone crisis is suddenly spreading to banks. Why is this happening? Does it have to do...

Voting Ends:
    Day9
    Hours54
    Minutes6
    Seconds

[h3]Last Week's Winner[/h3]
What role are the Fed other central banks and the Bank of International Settlements playing in destroying economies and...

Check the membership site in mid-October for a link to completed piece.

"One of the men was tied to a tree and mutilated while six other victims were nailed to pieces of wood fastened to the ground and killed," the Catholic Herald reported. "Villagers who found their bodies near the town of Nzara said it was like a 'grotesque crucifixion scene'."

On his radio show, Limbaugh asked one caller, "how do you react to the news that Obama has dispatched a hundred soldiers to fight radical Christians in Africa?"

"That's amazing. I can't believe he's doing that," the caller said.

Based on the transcript, at the end of the show it seems someone had informed Limbaugh about the LRA.

"Is that right? The Lord's Resistance Army is being accused of really bad stuff? Child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff?" he said.

"Well, we just found out about this today. We're gonna do, of course, our due diligence research on it. But nevertheless we got a hundred troops being sent over there to fight these guys — and they claim to be Christians."

More from GlobalPost: Sudan and the Lord’s Resistance Army

http://www.globalpost.com...s-resistance-army-uganda

Originally Posted by sillyputty

[h1]Rush Limbaugh says Obama is targeting Christians by fighting Lord's Resistance Army[/h1]
Rush Limbaugh, the American radio talk show host, says U.S. President Barack Obama is "targeting Christians" by sending troops to Uganda to fight the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA).

"Lord's Resistance Army are Christians. They are fighting the Muslims in Sudan. And Obama has sent troops, United States troops to remove them from the battlefield, which means kill them," Limbaugh said on his radio show, according to a transcript.

The LRA is a guerilla group that roams through Central Africa, and is accused of horrific atrocities, having killed an estimated 30,000 people over the last 20 years.

Under its messianic leader, Joseph Kony, the LRA is accused of mass rape, mutilation of victims by cutting off body parts such as lips and noses, kidnapping young girls to use as sex slaves, and forcing young boys to become child soldiers. Kony has said he is a "spokesperson" of God.

More from GlobalPost: PHOTOS: Obama sends 100 US troops to Uganda

Obama plans to deploy 100 U.S. troops to Uganda to help track down Kony, who is wanted by the International Criminal Court for crimes against humanity. 

The LRA began in Uganda but has since moved through South Sudan, the Central African Republic and the Democratic Republic of the Congo, thriving in poorly governed regions with little to no infrastructure.

"So that's a new war, a hundred troops to wipe out Christians in Sudan, Uganda," Limbaugh said. "No, I'm not kidding." 

According to the Catholic Herald, LRA members crucified seven Christians during a series of raids on Sudanese villages in 2009.

[h3]Suggest & Vote[/h3]

• Charles Stinger suggests: Evo Morales won the Bolivian presidency on the strength of the indigenous population. A year later, Rafael Correa was...

• Banking Bombs suggests: With Dexia last week, the euro zone crisis is suddenly spreading to banks. Why is this happening? Does it have to do...

Voting Ends:
    Day9
    Hours54
    Minutes6
    Seconds

[h3]Last Week's Winner[/h3]
What role are the Fed other central banks and the Bank of International Settlements playing in destroying economies and...

Check the membership site in mid-October for a link to completed piece.

"One of the men was tied to a tree and mutilated while six other victims were nailed to pieces of wood fastened to the ground and killed," the Catholic Herald reported. "Villagers who found their bodies near the town of Nzara said it was like a 'grotesque crucifixion scene'."

On his radio show, Limbaugh asked one caller, "how do you react to the news that Obama has dispatched a hundred soldiers to fight radical Christians in Africa?"

"That's amazing. I can't believe he's doing that," the caller said.

Based on the transcript, at the end of the show it seems someone had informed Limbaugh about the LRA.

"Is that right? The Lord's Resistance Army is being accused of really bad stuff? Child kidnapping, torture, murder, that kind of stuff?" he said.

"Well, we just found out about this today. We're gonna do, of course, our due diligence research on it. But nevertheless we got a hundred troops being sent over there to fight these guys — and they claim to be Christians."

More from GlobalPost: Sudan and the Lord’s Resistance Army

http://www.globalpost.com...s-resistance-army-uganda
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif