Odd USPS Tracking Info...Please HELP!!!

Not sure what's going on and don't want to put another member out...but has anyone had a tracking number go from sender  to your home town back to the state of the sender...here is what USPS tracking has been giving me over the past few days:

Sender in OH...I'm in Bellingham, WA

[table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Processed through Sort Facility, January 12, 2011, 12:14 am, TOLEDO, OH 43601[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Out for Delivery, January 10, 2011, 9:00 am, BELLINGHAM, WA 98226[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Sorting Complete, January 10, 2011, 8:50 am, BELLINGHAM, WA 98226[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Arrival at Post Office, January 10, 2011, 4:43 am, BELLINGHAM, WA 98226[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Processed through Sort Facility, January 08, 2011, 10:25 pm, FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Processed through Sort Facility, January 07, 2011, 11:39 pm, COLUMBUS, OH 43218[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 07, 2011[/td][/tr][/table]

WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN' ON HERE????

Not sure what's going on and don't want to put another member out...but has anyone had a tracking number go from sender  to your home town back to the state of the sender...here is what USPS tracking has been giving me over the past few days:

Sender in OH...I'm in Bellingham, WA

[table][tr][td]
spacer.gif
[/td] [td]
spacer.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Processed through Sort Facility, January 12, 2011, 12:14 am, TOLEDO, OH 43601[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Out for Delivery, January 10, 2011, 9:00 am, BELLINGHAM, WA 98226[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Sorting Complete, January 10, 2011, 8:50 am, BELLINGHAM, WA 98226[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Arrival at Post Office, January 10, 2011, 4:43 am, BELLINGHAM, WA 98226[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Processed through Sort Facility, January 08, 2011, 10:25 pm, FEDERAL WAY, WA 98003[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Processed through Sort Facility, January 07, 2011, 11:39 pm, COLUMBUS, OH 43218[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
bullet_circle.gif
[/td] [td]Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 07, 2011[/td][/tr][/table]

WHAT THE HELL IS GOIN' ON HERE????

He may have recalled the package...Or it could just be a USPS screw up, contact the seller ASAP

Wrong section btw

He may have recalled the package...Or it could just be a USPS screw up, contact the seller ASAP

Wrong section btw

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Wrong section btw
I contacted the seller and he said that he's never had a problem with USPS before.

mods please move to the right section...sorry...still kinda new here.

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Wrong section btw
I contacted the seller and he said that he's never had a problem with USPS before.

mods please move to the right section...sorry...still kinda new here.

u should contact USPS right away. Also contact your local post office to find out why it was returned to sender.

Normally if they couldnt deliver the shoes to the address, the seller provided, there would be a line that says undeliverable as addressed, but u dont even have that. So call ur local post office to find out why it was returned first.

u should contact USPS right away. Also contact your local post office to find out why it was returned to sender.

Normally if they couldnt deliver the shoes to the address, the seller provided, there would be a line that says undeliverable as addressed, but u dont even have that. So call ur local post office to find out why it was returned first.

or sounds like you've missed delivery or something? give usps a call obviously and see what they say

or sounds like you've missed delivery or something? give usps a call obviously and see what they say

^^^ Normally if it was a missed delivery it would say "Delivery Attempt Failed: Notice Left" or something along those lines. This is really strange, but definitely go see about it asap and contact the seller as well

^^^ Normally if it was a missed delivery it would say "Delivery Attempt Failed: Notice Left" or something along those lines. This is really strange, but definitely go see about it asap and contact the seller as well

Stuff like this is always happening with USPS. Their tracking system is garbage.

last week, i had a package arrive at my post office at 11am wednesday, signature required. i thought for sure it wouldnt be delivered until thurs since it got to the office late. so i didnt wait around. 6 pm rolls around, i came back from grocery shopping, and i see a notice in my box. i check tracking, it says out for delivery.

im like #!#? at midnight it says it was back at the post office. thursday morning, im in line at the post office, and was bored. i check the tracking and it said out for delivery again.

now im angry because im like, if these mofo's told me to come pick it up, and its not here because theyre trying to deliver, im gonna snap.

but they actually had it. the tracking stayed "out for delivery" for 2 days.

Definitely call on this one.

Stuff like this is always happening with USPS. Their tracking system is garbage.

last week, i had a package arrive at my post office at 11am wednesday, signature required. i thought for sure it wouldnt be delivered until thurs since it got to the office late. so i didnt wait around. 6 pm rolls around, i came back from grocery shopping, and i see a notice in my box. i check tracking, it says out for delivery.

im like #!#? at midnight it says it was back at the post office. thursday morning, im in line at the post office, and was bored. i check the tracking and it said out for delivery again.

now im angry because im like, if these mofo's told me to come pick it up, and its not here because theyre trying to deliver, im gonna snap.

but they actually had it. the tracking stayed "out for delivery" for 2 days.

Definitely call on this one.

thanks for all of the input guys...I contacted the seller and he had no idea what was going on....went to the post office...they were no help what so ever...called customer service and got tired of dealing with the automated BS so I'm going to wait until business hours and try to talk to a human this time....this is really frustrating.

thanks for all of the input guys...I contacted the seller and he had no idea what was going on....went to the post office...they were no help what so ever...called customer service and got tired of dealing with the automated BS so I'm going to wait until business hours and try to talk to a human this time....this is really frustrating.

I've seen stuff weirder than this. Relax, but keep your eye on it. The sender may be
the only one who can file a claim, something to look into if you don't receive by
next Tuesday, 1/18.

Sometimes the tracking info (online available or company internal) is flat out wrong - in other words -
the tracking info might say OH when the package is actually physically in WA. Happens more often w/ international though.

Sometimes dudes put stuff on the wrong trucks or someone calls out sick and things get screwed up...but rare
to be completely lost with that many scan logs up to this point.

I've seen stuff weirder than this. Relax, but keep your eye on it. The sender may be
the only one who can file a claim, something to look into if you don't receive by
next Tuesday, 1/18.

Sometimes the tracking info (online available or company internal) is flat out wrong - in other words -
the tracking info might say OH when the package is actually physically in WA. Happens more often w/ international though.

Sometimes dudes put stuff on the wrong trucks or someone calls out sick and things get screwed up...but rare
to be completely lost with that many scan logs up to this point.

i had a package sent from the UK. when tracked on royal mail's website it says:

"Your item, posted on 23/12/10 with reference RI956138662GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA."

so you would think it's on US soil, right?

well when you track it on usps.com it says:

"Status: Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

WTH!?! working on 3 weeks now since it was shipped...

i had a package sent from the UK. when tracked on royal mail's website it says:

"Your item, posted on 23/12/10 with reference RI956138662GB has been passed to the overseas postal service for delivery in UNITED STATES OF AMERICA."

so you would think it's on US soil, right?

well when you track it on usps.com it says:

"Status: Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece."

WTH!?! working on 3 weeks now since it was shipped...

Waiting for a package is the worst. Thank god for tracking though, i'd probably go crazy if i don't know where it is/when i'm getting it.

Waiting for a package is the worst. Thank god for tracking though, i'd probably go crazy if i don't know where it is/when i'm getting it.

and sometimes the sender does almost all paperwork out by hand
so therefore the package can't be scanned properly or tracked effectively
most carriers still try to deliver it though (which is actually a good thing),
rather than return to sender

Back
Top Bottom