Offical 2009-10 NBA Season Thread

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Charlotte about to get it's 4th win on the road.
pimp.gif
Thanks Charlotte. 7th seed and moving up
pimp.gif

youre welcome
pimp.gif

CHA's one of my favorite east conf. teams,

Always liked Gerald, always liked Raymond, it puts a smile on my face to see them excelling.

Steph Curry
27 pts, 9 rebounds, 6 assist, 1 TO
Tyreke Evans
23 pts, 6 rebounds, 4 assist, 3 TO's

Curry outplayed Tyreke tonight

Currys been playing absolutely well the last couple of games...there is no doubt in my mind he can be a 20+ppg scorer in this league if hes in the right situation...right now with ellis out, hes playing real well

Charlotte baby! How ill would they be with Amare though? He needs to sign with that team STAT.
Also, Memphis is becoming one of my favorite teams to follow. Z-Bo needs to sign with my Warriors next offseason. F' Randolph and Wright..

No mention of the Yahoo article about the Spurs thinking about trading for Stat?

A Duncan + Stat frontcourt..

*cue lenny.gif

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Steph Curry
Tyreke Evans

And the Kings got the W
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Steph Curry
Tyreke Evans

And the Kings got the W
pimp.gif
lol with warriors having 3 D-league players and missing Monta, congrats?

Steph Curry
Tyreke Evans

And the Kings got the W
pimp.gif
Thanks bro. Snapping a 7 game L streak is always a good feeling
laugh.gif

why wasnt monta playing?

Steph Curry
Tyreke Evans

And the Kings got the W
pimp.gif
Thanks bro. Snapping a 7 game L streak is always a good feeling
laugh.gif

why wasnt monta playing?
hurt his ankle playing against the Nets

He's playing like 100 minutes a game but Steph has been playing absolutely ridiculously this month. He's turned that corner now where he can't go back to scoring 6 points on some nights. I expect him to AT LEAST put up 14 a game even with Monta hatin on him.

And what the hell is going on with Kevin Martin? 15 points in his last 3 games
sick.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

No mention of the Yahoo article about the Spurs thinking about trading for Stat?

A Duncan + Stat frontcourt..

*cue lenny.gif
See?  If this ain't proof that the Spurs are dead, I don't know what is. 
laugh.gif

West and jj are avg role players on there best days, they ant nothing to get hyped over

How does trading for Amare prove the spurs are dead?

http://[h3]
[h3]At some point Arenas will return[/h3]
10:12AM ET

[h5]Gilbert Arenas | Wizards [/h5]

NBA commissioner David Stern is expected to remove "indefinite" from http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=974Gilbert Arenas' suspension this week and give a firm date when the point guard can return.

Sources are telling the New York Daily News that Arenas will not get a lifetime suspension from Stern.

The Washington Examiner is reporting that Arenas will meet with Stern this week.

http://[h3]Betting ban lifted?[/h3]
9:47AM ET

[h5]League Issues [/h5]

[img]http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0720/nba_logo_65.jpg[/img]
When the NBA granted Toronto an expansion franchise there was a stipulation in the agreement that Ontario had to remove gambling on NBA games.

The Toronto Star reports negotiations are taking place between the Raptors, NBA and the government that would remove that restriction.

"It's not done yet, but it will probably be done for next year, maybe this year's playoffs," Tom Anselmi, the executive vice-president and chief operating officer of MLSE said.

"We have been in discussions with the Raptors and the (Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation) about the inclusion of our games on the Pro-Line ticket, but don't have anything to announce at this time," an NBA spokesman said.

http://[h3]Spurs eye Stoudemire?[/h3]
9:28AM ET

[h5]San Antonio Spurs [/h5]

Yahoo! Sports is reporting the San Antonio Spurs are considering making an offer to the Suns for Amare Stoudemire.

"They know they've got to do something," a source tells the website. "They feel like they've got to at least look at this ... and they are."

The big question is what do the Spurs have to tempt the Suns? Manu Ginobili, Richard Jefferson, George Hill?

http://[h3]Kahn not willing to trade Jefferson?[/h3]
9:26AM ET

[h5]Al Jefferson | Timberwolves [/h5]

David Kahn acknowledges that clubs have called about Al Jefferson, but he's not looking to trade him this season, "unless a preposterously one-sided deal is offered."

"I feel the kid is doing everything that is asked of him by the coaching staff," Kahn told ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan last night. "He's playing defense better than he ever has in his career, he's looking to pass out of double teams. They've asked him to do much more with his game, and he's doing it in a year when he's recovering from a very significant knee injury. So it would be total insanity on our part, because this is a year that's important to figure out who we are. Neither Kurt Rambis nor I was here before, so this year is very much from a discovery standpoint, that's what we need to do."

http://[h3]Knicks won't go after Stoudemire?[/h3]
9:15AM ET

[h5]Amare Stoudemire | Suns [/h5]

Knicks president Donnie Walsh thinks the Suns could trade Amare Stoudemire, but it won't be to the Knicks.

"I could see it happening," Walsh told the New York New York Daily News. "But usually, with a player like that, a trade doesn't happen at midseason. But if (the Suns) are not happy with their team, or they think they're going to lose him this summer, then maybe it could happen."

The Daily News doesn't think the Knicks will go after Stoudemire because: "there's always been a question as to whether a team should make Stoudemire its highest-paid player when he's not a complete player, a true No. 1 star, or a leader. In that sense, he's risky, as Mike D'Antoni could tell Walsh from personal experience."

http://[h3]Smith and Karl on the same page?[/h3]
9:04AM ET

[h5]J.R. Smith | Nuggets [/h5]

J.R. Smith often drives head coach George Karl crazy with his decision making and Saturday he appeared to be pouting for a portion of the game. Despite his inconsistency, the Nuggets aren't shopping him reports Chris Broussard of ESPN The Magazine.

Smith had a pow wow with Karl on Tuesday and admitted he needs to work on some things and his body language could improve, too.

"I've got to work on some things with myself," Smith told The Denver Post. "Just my attitude toward the game. I've got to control my body language. And stay focused."

"We got a lot of things off our chests," Smith added. "I'm just glad we're on the same page."

http://[h3]Record won't scare free agents?[/h3]
8:14AM ET

[h5]New Jersey Nets [/h5]

The New Jersey Nets are having a lousy season, but Kiki Vandeweghe doesn't think that will affect the ability of the team to sign quality free agents this summer. Vandeweghe went through the rebuilding process in Denver and was able to bring in talent.

"Having been through this before, having been down the recruiting process, having had a lot of cap space, having had a really bad rebuilding season, I was never asked once by an agent or a free agent about our record the year before," Vandeweghe told The Star-Ledger Tuesday. "You're judged by not necessarily on your record, if you fast forward to July, you're judged on the assets you have in place and what the free agents are going to come join. Having been through this, we had a 17-win season, we recruited all the best free agents available in that year and never asked once about the record."

http://[h3]Knicks point guard shopping?[/h3]
8:08AM ET

[h5]New York Knicks [/h5]

All of the scouts for the Knicks are in town this week to discuss potential trades. One position the Knicks could go after is point guard, especially one with an expiring contract.

The New York Post lists Portland's Steve Blake, Detroit's Chucky Atkins, Washington's Mike James, Indiana's Travis Diener, Golden State's C.J. Watson, Oklahoma City's Kevin Ollie and Memphis' Marcus Williams as possible targets of the Knicks.

http://[h3]Kahn won't trade Rubio to Knicks[/h3]
7:53AM ET

[h5]Minnesota Timberwolves [/h5]

David Kahn is good friends with Donnie Walsh, but there is no way he's trading the draft rights of Ricky Rubio to the Knicks.

"Donnie and I have talked a grand total of three times in the last nine months (about Rubio)," Kahn told the New York Post Tuesday. "From the moment we talked, I said to him -- and I mean no disrespect to the Knicks or Donnie -- what kind of trade can they possibly propose?"

Kahn believes Rubio would have been the second pick in the 2010 NBA draft behind John Wall ife he wasn't in the 2009 draft.

http://[h3]T-Mac uncertainty affecting Rockets?[/h3]
7:44AM ET

[h5]Tracy McGrady | Rockets [/h5]

The Houston Rockets have been playing short-handed all season. Reinforcements could be on the way if Tracy McGrady and his $23 million contract is traded, but the players aren't expecting anything, even though they are aware of what's going on.

"I think the attitude in the locker room really is just do what we do," Shane Battier told the Houston Chronicle. "We can't concern ourselves with what the GM is talking about, or tweeting, or saying in the papers, or the trade rumors that are out there. We have a job to do. We haven't done our job as well as we had done earlier in the year."

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has talked with all teams with the focus on the 76ers, Wizards, Knicks and Bulls. The top names that Morey could trade for are Andre Iguodala's and Caron Butler.

"In the NBA in general, there's always a tension," Morey said. "Trades can happen at any time. It's a difficult thing for players and would be for anyone to handle. I would hate for Leslie (Alexander, the Rockets owner) to come in some day and say, 'Hey, you're in Boise. We're moving you to Boise.' So I understand it's hard for the players. They obviously know we're trying to move Tracy. I understand it's something they are aware of."

http://[h3]Bosh better defensive option?[/h3]
7:44AM ET

[h5]Chris Bosh | Raptors [/h5]

From The Miami Herald:

"Though the Heat will consider making a trade offer for Amare Stoudemire, we hear that Miami considers another impending free agent, Chris Bosh, to be the better defensive option, which is important to the Heat. A friend of Stoudemire said he has a residence here and would consider Miami this summer if Phoenix doesn't keep him."

http://[h3]Hinrich to Lakers not imminent[/h3]
7:12AM ET

[h5]Kirk Hinrich | Bulls [/h5]

The possibility of Kirk Hinrich being traded to the Lakers was a topic that was touched on yesterday.

The Daily Herald reports the Bulls have had discussions with the Lakers about Hinrich, most likely for Adam Morrison and Sasha Vujacic, but nothing is imminent.

The biggest hurdle for the Lakers is the two-years and $17 million remaining on Hinrich's contract after this season.

http://[h3]Dumars doesn't want a trade?[/h3]
6:42AM ET

[h5]Detroit Pistons [/h5]

There is a lot of trade speculation about the Pistons since they have struggled this season. The names often brought up of who could be on the block are Richard Hamilton and Tayshaun Prince.

Pistons president Joe Dumars says at this time he's not looking to deal and is concentrating on improving the team from within by getting healthy.

"It's hard to say what you have when you've had your team for just two games," Dumars told The Detroit News. "You don't know about your team. It's not like we've had our full complement of players and we have the record (15-28) we have. You don't know if you are a playoff team or not. So you don't talk about making trades."

"You have to play with each other for a full stretch before you can get a feel for exactly how your team plays," Dumars continued. "That's what I am trying to say. I think it would be premature to do something right now."

http://[h3]Campaign for Love and Flynn[/h3]
6:32AM ET

[h5]Minnesota Timberwolves [/h5]

The Wolves and reps for Jonny Flynn and Kevin Love have been calling NBA assistant coaches in hope that both players will be selected to the Rookie-Sophomore game during All-Star weekend.

"If one, or both of them, doesn't make it, that'd really be a mistake," David Kahn told the Star Tribune. "They're both highly deserving."

Love was ticked last season when he wasn't chosen to play in the game as a rookie.

http://[h3]Allen will accept lesser role[/h3]
6:10AM ET

[h5]Ray Allen | Celtics [/h5]

Ray Allen wants to either sign an extension or ink a new deal with the Boston Celtics this summer. Allen says he is willing to accept a decreased salary and role with the team if that's required of him.

"Have you ever known me to worry about being in the game or playing less minutes?" he asked the The Boston Globe. "Like never. I've always said I would love to see Tony Allen play more. I would love to see Marquis Daniels in there playing more minutes. It means a great deal to this team because (if they do) we do get better.

"It would spare me a great deal. But the one thing I can say is that I'm in great shape. I never really feel winded when I'm on the floor."

http://[h3]Finley getting closer?[/h3]
5:11AM ET

[h5]Michael Finley | Spurs [/h5]

Michael Finley has been sidelined since Dec. 5 with a sprained left ankle. He went through his second full practice Tuesday, but there is no timetable for his return to game action.

"He's getting closer, but he's not ready yet by his own admission," Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich tells the San Antonio Express-News
[h2]Oden sorry photos have surfaced[/h2]
Associated Press

PORTLAND, Ore. -- Portland Trail Blazers center Greg Oden is apologizing for nude photos that have surfaced on the internet.

Oden says the pictures, taken with his cell phone and sent to a former girlfriend, were taken about 1½ years ago. A friend told the 21-year-old Tuesday morning that the pictures were making the rounds on the internet.

"I would like to apologize to everybody: Portland, the fans, the organization," Oden told reporters at the Blazers practice facility. "It was very embarrassing."

Oden is out for this season after fracturing his left kneecap during a game against the Houston Rockets on Dec. 5. He averaged 11.1 points and 8.5 rebounds in 21 starts.

The 7-foot-center was the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NBA draft out of Ohio State. He missed his rookie season after have microfracture surgery on his right knee.

laugh.gif

[h2]Would every team take John Wall?[/h2][h3]The Kentucky guard is the consensus No. 1 pick -- now which lucky team gets him?[/h3]
By Chad Ford
ESPN.com
Archive

nba_u_wall_576.jpg
Mark Zerof/US PresswireLottery teams are salivating at the thought of John Wall running their squad for the next decade or so.

Play Chad Ford's Lottery + Mock Draft: Over 2,000 scenarios

Let's call it what it is: the John Wall Lottery.

Some of the best sports debates in recent years have centered on the NBA draft, but this year, for the second straight season, there is no debate: Unless something unforeseen happens, Kentucky point guard John Wall will be the first player to hear his name called at the June 24 draft.

A number of NBA GMs say that short of LeBron James and Dwight Howard, there hasn't been a prospect in recent years with Wall's upside.

With the debut of our annual Lottery + Mock Draft, I spoke to scouts and executives from almost every team projected to be in the lottery. As expected, all of them would take Wall No. 1, even those teams that already have a star point guard.

So how would Wall fit on the 14 lottery teams? Let's look.

njn.gif

[h2]New Jersey Nets[/h2]

Odds of winning the lottery: 25 percent

The Nets have Devin Harris, a 2009 All-Star, running the point, but they love the idea of Wall as their point guard of the future. In fact, the team has already begun exploring the possibility of trading Harris. While a trade before the February 18 deadline is unlikely, if the Nets win the lottery, you can expect the Harris trade talk to heat up.

Also, as you've heard, the Nets are on course to have plenty of salary-cap space this summer. Would the combination of Wall, Brook Lopez, a prospective new owner with money to burn, and a future move to Brooklyn be enough to lure LeBron James out of Cleveland? If LeBron wants to play alongside a future superstar, that option might be tempting.

min.gif

[h2]Minnesota Timberwolves[/h2]

Odds of winning the lottery: 19.9 percent

The Wolves used two lottery picks on point guards last season, so why would they take a third this year? That's easy: Jonny Flynn and Ricky Rubio aren't John Wall. You'd have to combine their talents (adding Rubio's size and floor vision to Flynn's energy, athleticism and scoring knack) to equal Wall.

If the Wolves are fortunate enough to land Wall, then Rubio and Flynn will become valuable trading chips. Both players should be able to fetch a high price -- either another lottery pick or a young prospect -- to help the Wolves fill their holes at shooting guard and center.

gsw.gif

[h2]Golden State Warriors[/h2]

Odds of winning the lottery: 15.6 percent

Seven months ago, the Warriors drafted their point guard of the future, Stephen Curry, and they still have super-scorer Monta Ellis, who at times has been considered the Warriors' point guard of the future.

That said, Wall's talent is too great for the Warriors to pass on -- he's bigger and more athletic than Curry (though he lacks Curry's shooting stroke) and he sees the floor much better than Ellis. The Warriors would draft Wall and then try to figure out whether the three could play together.

was.gif

[h2]Washington Wizards[/h2]

Odds of winning the lottery: 11.9 percent

The Gilbert Arenas situation makes this an easy decision in Washington. While the Wizards still owe Arenas more than $80 million, his future with the team is in serious doubt. If they don't void his contract after his felony conviction, they'll attempt to trade him. Wall would be an ideal foundation for a long and difficult rebuilding project in Washington.

phi.gif

[h2]Philadelphia 76ers[/h2]

Odds of winning the lottery: 8.8 percent

The Sixers are another team that desperately needs Wall, especially since losing Andre Miller has been a major blow. Lou Williams is a nice player, but not a true point guard, and while Jrue Holiday has a promising future, he isn't in the same league with Wall.

If the Sixers manage to hang on to Andre Iguodala and Thaddeus Young through the trade deadline and then land Wall in the lottery, they'll be right back into playoff contention next season.

det.gif

[h2]Detroit Pistons[/h2]

Odds of winning the lottery: 4.5 percent*

The Pistons banked their future on third-year point guard Rodney Stuckey when they traded away Chauncey Billups, but they wouldn't hesitate to draft Wall.

While Wall would give the Pistons a very crowded backcourt, Stuckey, with his size and scoring ability, could slide over and play alongside Wall or become a valuable trade chip to help the Pistons get some size.

sac.gif

[h2]Sacramento Kings[/h2]

Odds of winning the lottery: 4.5 percent*

The Kings say 2009 lottery pick Tyreke Evans is their point guard of the future, but they'd quickly abandon than plan and move Evans over if they won the 2010 lottery. Wall and Evans together would eventually dominate the NBA's other backcourts.

ind.gif

[h2]Indiana Pacers[/h2]

Odds of winning the lottery: 2.8 percent

Of the teams with the best shot at landing Wall, the Pacers have the greatest need at point guard. Neither Earl Watson nor A.J. Price is the answer, and T.J. Ford has been benched.

Plus, the Pacers desperately need another star to pair with Danny Granger. Adding Wall would immediately change the direction of the franchise.

uth.gif

[h2]Utah Jazz (via Knicks)[/h2]
Odds of winning the lottery: 1.7 percent

Jazz fans have been hoping the Knicks would bottom out and make this a high-lottery pick, but the Knicks have been better than expected lately, and that has seriously harmed Utah's chances of winning the lottery. And of course, the Jazz already have a star point guard in Deron Williams.

Still, if the Jazz did strike gold, they would take Wall. Yes, Williams is the better player right now and one of the top point guards in the league. But Wall has the potential to be even better.

I think Jerry Sloan would find a way to pair them. But if he couldn't, Williams would command a huge price on the trade market. Either way, Utah wins.

mil.gif

[h2]Milwaukee Bucks[/h2]

Odds of winning the lottery: 1.1 percent

Milwaukee winning the lottery would present an awkward situation, given the excitement that Brandon Jennings has created.

Could Wall and Jennings play together? While I can see Wall fitting in with almost anyone, I'm not sure how well he and Jennings could play together.

That would make the Bucks one of the very few teams that might be willing to trade away the No. 1 pick this year. Or, given that Wall appears to be an even better talent than Jennings, they could explore Jennings' trade value.

lac.gif

[h2]Los Angeles Clippers[/h2]

Odds of winning the lottery: 0.8 percent

The Clippers can't get that lucky two years in a row, can they? But if they did land Wall to run alongside Blake Griffin, assuming Griffin can get healthy, they would eventually challenge the Lakers for L.A. supremacy.

nor.gif

[h2]New Orleans Hornets[/h2]

Odds of winning the lottery: 0.6 percent*

Scouts are saying that Wall is the best point guard prospect to come into the draft since Chris Paul, but no one's ready to say he's better than Paul, given CP3's amazing start to his NBA career.

I think Paul and Wall could coexist -- in fact, I think they'd be incredible together. But at the same time, winning the lottery would open the door for New Orleans to explore the trade value of both the pick and Paul as a way to bring in another star to play with Paul or Wall.

okc.gif

[h2]Oklahoma City Thunder[/h2]

If the Thunder manage to put Wall with Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook, Seattle fans may never recover. While some may say that Westbrook and Wall are too similar, I think they could coexist. Westbrook is more a scoring guard than a pure point guard, and Wall can be spectacular just running the show.

hou.gif

[h2]Houston Rockets[/h2]

The Rockets like Aaron Brooks, but he's not in the same league as Wall, who could make the Rockets a contender, with Brooks as a potent scorer off the bench.

* Pistons and Kings have same record; Hornets, Thunder and Rockets have same record
[/h3]

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

West and jj are avg role players on there best days, they ant nothing to get hyped over

Because the Spurs would never trade for a guy like Stoudemire or even make a deal like that mid-season unless they felt something was wrong.

haha damn if the Timberwolves get the #1 pick...

first JPZ is gonna +%%* himself
laugh.gif
, and Kahn is either going to have alot/no leverage in moving Rubio/Flynn.
Either GMs are going to jump at the opportunity or wait to see if Kahn flinches and they can get them cheap.

Teams just dont have alot of either draft picks or young talent that Kahn is going to want in return for Rubio, Flynn i think will be easier to deal  

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Because the Spurs would never trade for a guy like Stoudemire or even make a deal like that mid-season unless they felt something was wrong.
You know the Spurs were getting a bit desperate when they signed Drew Gooden last season. 
laugh.gif

Totally went against the Spurs' usually do.

If we trade hinrich for them 2 bums I'm kill someone

And why wouldn't the spurs want amare? He does the main thing they need which is post scoring. You guys act like Amare is a big time head case

I don't care if they trade RJ for STAT....
grin.gif

But if Manu or Hill gets traded for STAT.....
smh.gif

I dont even want to think about it....
frown.gif
tired.gif

If we trade hinrich for them 2 bums I'm kill someone

And why wouldn't the spurs want amare? He does the main thing they need which is post scoring. You guys act like Amare is a big time head case
I just
tired.gif
when i saw this.  Im going to be more than pissed if that happens, it shouldn't even be being discussed.  Especially with how well we are playing right now.  At least try to get something back in return

And what the hell is going on with Kevin Martin? 15 points in his last 3 games
sick.gif

Perhaps a reason as to why:

Everyone has problems. We get that. Because of the battered economy, many of my colleagues have lost a steady income. Some of my acquaintances have lost their homes. More than a few have lost their marriages.

So assuming that none of these dire circumstances apply to Kevin Martin, what happened to turn the Kings shooting guard/good citizen/good guy into a sullen, slumping shell of himself? His features are frozen. His voice is flat. His body language is that of a guy who was just dumped by his fiancée, or worse, by his fiancée who plans to marry his best friend.

Let's be clear here. Martin is an established, efficient NBA scorer who is extremely well-compensated, and for that reason alone, his demeanor these past two weeks is immensely disappointing. Fortunately for the Kings – and his career – he seemed more like his former self Tuesday night against the depleted Golden State Warriors. He ran the floor, cut fast and hard, played with energy, played with passion, did most things well except convert his rusty outside shot. He scored only five points on 1-of-9 shooting.

But let's be clear about this, too. There are plenty of other factors/players contributing to the current Kings' woes, a potentially explosive, protracted dilemma that rests uncomfortably on Paul Westphal's lap. Indeed. Martin, 26, is far from the only unhappy King, and to suggest that his presence is the source of the skid is rooted in fiction, not fact. The chemistry was just as lousy while the sixth-year veteran was on the bench in street clothes, nursing his fractured left wrist.

What is becoming increasingly apparent, however, is that the Martin-Tyreke Evans backcourt experiment is destined for a short lifespan because someone – someone – has to facilitate an offense that involves other players and, at least on occasion, resembles a sprint instead of a 24-second jog. For whatever reason, it isn't happening.

Two guards. One ball. No playmaker. Some of this makes a certain sense.

Martin, as we also know, is not a proficient enough ballhandler/passer to play the point. Evans, as we are learning, is a marvelous rookie, and yet another of Geoff Petrie's brilliant draft picks. But at this early stage of Evans' career, the youngster displays neither the instinct nor the inclination to direct an offense.

As he quietly and candidly reiterates when asked to describe his mentality, he is a scorer masquerading as a point guard. What he really wants to do is drive the ball to the rim at every possible opportunity. Accordingly, and along with the startling defensive slippage, we have seen too much of this lately: Evans on a two-on-one break, refusing to pass ahead to an open teammate. Isolation plays that leave four teammates standing around, staring at space. The bigs receiving the ball late, out of rhythm, or not at all. The shooters launching hasty, off-balance shots because of increasingly infrequent opportunities in a dribble-penetration, guard-dominant offense. The wings wasting their breath and their legs in transition.

In essence, the Kings' roster is a rebuilding, incomplete assemblage of intriguing young talent, but not a complete team in any sense. The only way to compete in the interim is to establish a scrappy, defensive identity, play faster and capitalize on easy (transition) opportunities and resist the infectious urge for one-on-one play. Martin and rookie Omri Casspi, in particular, are receivers, dependent upon others to distribute and deliver the ball. And since Petrie is a patient man, telling me again Tuesday that the Martin/Evans pairing will be evaluated extensively before trade scenarios are even discussed, Westphal probably has the remainder of the season to tinker with various combinations.

What about Beno Udrih or even the jumpy Sergio Rodríguez at the point, with Martin and Evans at the two-three positions? Revisiting the Rick Adelman/Pete Carril offensive sets that utilize Spencer Hawes' superior passing skills in the high post? What about something – anything – that enhances ball movement, generates fast breaks and eliminates the excessive dribbling?

And Martin? He's young, rich and talented. He was the Kings' scoring star long before Evans arrived. Maybe he forgot, but we didn't.

[emoji]169[/emoji] Copyright The Sacramento Bee. All rights reserved.

http://www.sacbee.com/kings/story/2492275.html

I'm laughin that the Lakers are worried about the 17 mil for 2 years.  They are trading two guys who can't get off the bench for a guy that could be the 6-7th man on the team, you goin all in already to win another title or 3, friggin pay the man his money.  Fish comes off the books after this year, so does Farmar.  Go all in, either way, you keep Kurt and Shannon for next year, and MAYBE bring back either Fish or Farmar. 

Amare is a bum Mike.  You think he gonna help the Spurs on D?  You think Pop will just teach him how to care?  The guy does NOT care about winning, he cares about his numbers.  You can't see that? 
The Spurs built themselves by great draft work, and smart deals for vets who filled roles.  Last couple years they been tryin everything, Gooden, RJ, now talk of Stat, they are just trying to do anything to infuse energy into that team.  It's done.  They had a great run, but it's over.  Stat or no Stat. 

Oden. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom