Official 10' NFL Offseason Thread: CIN sign T.O. 1yr/2m

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

I hope its true, that pick the pats will get from oakland wouldn't be that high then.
you do know that ben is suspended for 4-6 games.

I have ties to media in Pittsburgh. The deal from what I hear is this Steelers send Ben and 1rd pick to Oak for 1rd pick and Asomugha.
31 minutes ago via web

This was taken from a poster on raiderfans.net
ohwell.gif

Raider fans better be thanking their lucky stars if that deal goes through. Getting a 2 time Super Bowl winner in his prime, suspension be damned, is a absolute steal for any type of player. 
Although Asomugha is PHENOMENAL, he can be replaced

Originally Posted by milkandcookies

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

I hope its true, that pick the pats will get from oakland wouldn't be that high then.
you do know that ben is suspended for 4-6 games.

I have ties to media in Pittsburgh. The deal from what I hear is this Steelers send Ben and 1rd pick to Oak for 1rd pick and Asomugha.
31 minutes ago via web

This was taken from a poster on raiderfans.net
ohwell.gif

Ben for 10 games> Russel for 16

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Raider fans better be thanking their lucky stars if that deal goes through. Getting a 2 time Super Bowl winner in his prime, suspension be damned, is a absolute steal for any type of player. 
Although Asomugha is PHENOMENAL, he can be replaced

This is all smoke blown by Pitt to scare Ben straight. Noway in hell do they ship the most successful QB since Terry away, bc he likes to touch a titty or two.

I'm not sure about this. Dude started with the "what I heard" bs and that it was not from a Steeler official.

I'm not familiar with him so maybe a Pitt fan should shim in on dude's credibility.

I'll wait to hear from a Schefter, Mort, Clayton Etc.

I still don't believe he is moved, fans just still working off emotions since this all just went down, but if they do lose him a top pick and top CB would be the way to do it

[h2]Source: Miami made Taylor offer[/h2]
By Adam Schefter
ESPN
Archive
Jason Taylor had his Florida farewell news conference to tell his side of the story. And now, someone else is telling Miami's.

A source close to the situation insisted that the Miami Dolphins did in fact make an offer to Taylor after the 2009 season that even included an $850,000 raise that would have boosted his salary to more than $2 million per year.

The Dolphins did this despite the notion they were thought to be disappointed with Taylor's play, which had him on the field for more than 800 plays, yet he accounted for fewer than 30 tackles.

Taylor, who had spent 12 of his 13 seasons with the Dolphins, agreed to a two-year contract with the New York Jets on Tuesday. League sources said Taylor could make as much as $3.75 million in the first year.

Because of the league's "Final Eight" restrictions, the Jets could pay Taylor only $1.75 million in base salary this season -- the amount unrestricted free-agent and formrer Jets kicker Jay Feely signed for with the Arizona Cardinals.

The second year has a $750,000 guarantee, a source told ESPN.com's John Clayton. The first year is guaranteed, so Taylor receives a $2.5 million guarantee in his deal. The deal could be worth a total of $13 million if he meets all of the incentives in the contract.

During a 30-minute news conference Tuesday night at his foundation's offices in Weston, Fla., Taylor said the Dolphins offered him an extension this past November, but withdrew the proposal before the season ended.

He said Miami made no offer since and gave him no reason for the lack of interest in a new deal. Taylor said he had a meeting scheduled last week with coach Tony Sparano, but the Dolphins canceled it.

"If I was important enough that you wanted me in November, why wouldn't you want me now?" Taylor said Tuesday night. "If I was good enough then, I just don't understand why I wasn't good enough now. But that's their prerogative. They're allowed to make that decision. There is a business side to football, and if they feel that it's better for their team to not have me, that's fine. I have no problem with that. That's part of the game. Just let me know."

Still, the Dolphins were willing to bring him back and even asked Taylor to undergo shoulder surgery immediately after the season. Taylor declined the Dolphins' contract offer, and opted to have the shoulder surgery a month later.

The source claimed this put the Dolphins in a position in which they were unsure whether Taylor wanted to continue playing.

Miami then communicated to Taylor's camp that it would wait until after the draft to re-evaluate Taylor rejoining the team. But once the Jets made the contract offer to Taylor, the Dolphins reiterated to Taylor's camp that they were focused on the draft and would talk to him after the draft was completed.

Taylor, 35, signed with the Jets on Wednesday, a day before the draft.

"This is where I'm supposed to be right now," Taylor said Wednesday in New York. "I'm here for one reason, and I'm here to play football the best that I can and help this team win a Super Bowl. If that happens here, people in Hollywood spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to end a movie, or people try to figure out how to end a book. What better ending is it than to win the Super Bowl?

"To do it here, it would be pretty ironic, but it would be awesome."

Adam Schefter is ESPN's NFL Insider. Information from ESPN.com's John Clayton and The Associated Press was used in this report.

Ben ain't going no where. How you trade a QB that's won your team 2 Superbowls in 6 seasons just because of an "alleged" off-field incident.

Trading him to the Raiders at that
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I find it comical that the Raiders have gotten to the point where they are ALWAYS rumored to be the team that takes another teams garbage. (Not calling big Ben garbage ) The Raiders are like the last man at a gangbang.

Originally Posted by 21shots

I find it comical that the Raiders have gotten to the point where they are ALWAYS rumored to be the team that takes another teams garbage. (Not calling big Ben garbage ) The Raiders are like the last man at a gangbang.

laugh.gif

Here is a little bit of what I think:

Bradford will be good...when he isn't hurt...low Return on Investment (ROI).
Suh is a great 10+ year investment and also shows high character. Remember, high character is important when you are investing 10 years time and 10 years pay into a player.
Gerald McCoy is a great addition to any team. He, like Suh, has high character and should be welcomed with open arms.
Clausen is a bust. Golden Tate is a nice addition to any passing game.
Berry is a playmaker and a good investment. Eric Berry and Earl Thomas are the two best safties. Taylor Mays can hit but lacks cover skills and should be drafted with the idea of moving him to linebacker rather than keeping him at safety.
Tim Hiller and John Skelton are dark horse picks which could pay amazing ROI given good coaching and time to blossom.
Trindon Holliday is a great weapon because he can be used for kick off and punt returns. Somebody will add an instant weapon with him and see instant ROI.
I like Kyle Wilson at corner.
The draft is stock piled with offensive tackles. I would be happy with either Russell Okung, Bruce Campbell or Anthony Davis. I also like Brian Bulaga but I do think he will struggle if he does not work on defending the speed/spinning/finesse rushers.
I like Brandon LaFell and Demaryius Thomas at WR. I've studied tape of LaFell burning Joe Haden and keep in mind Thomas can run block on the outside which can spring running backs and set up play action bombs.
Ben Tate reminds me a lot of Shonn Greene. I think somebody will get a quality back by drafting him and a high ROI.
I like Jermaine Gresham at tight end, but expect injuries to come with the pick. I look at Dorin Dickerson as pretty much a receiver rather than a tight end but he can make nice catches and move the chains. DJ Williams fits this mold too and can run with the ball after the catch. Dennis Pitta is the definition of a route running tight end with sure hands...and he can do a little run after the catch too.
C.J. Spiller is fast...I know everyone in the NFL is fast, but he has another gear and he can catch the ball out of the back field or out in front of the field on routes. Speed backs don't have a long shelf life in the NFL so pick him up if you think you have an instant shot at contending.
Mike Iupati and Mitch Petrus aren't sexy picks but once they polish their game they should be a solid investment in the interior o-line.

I could go on but... that's it for now.

Back
Top Bottom