**Official '11 NYK LOCKOUT thread*** lockout over

On ESPN's Page 2, Bill Simmons was ranking the top 50 players in the NBA and he wrote this:

20. Amare Stoudemire
I'd like to introduce a fake character called "Generic NBA Guy Who Knows Things," a distorted compilation of everyone in NBA circles who talks to me off the record. Here's GNGWNT on Amare these past four months:

October: "Amare is gonna have a big year. Huge, huge year. He likes the spotlight. New York will be good for him. He's dumb enough to think he's as big a star as LeBron or Wade. You need that attitude to succeed in New York."

November: "I told you!"

December: "D'Antoni is running Amare into the ground. His knees won't hold up. You don't write about coaches putting themselves above their players nearly enough, Simmons. D'Antoni is coaching for his next job; he doesn't care about Amare's availability in 2014. Did you see the Detroit game? Amare played 54 minutes in double-OT, then averaged 41 the next 10 games. And when his knees go, everyone will blame Dolan and Donnie for spending too much money on him."

January: "You see Amare's numbers this month? D'Antoni finally cut his minutes but it was too late -- his game went in the tank; 45 percent shooting? He hasn't been under 50 percent for an entire month since he was in junior high.

February: "I feel bad for Carmelo. He killed his legacy in Denver to get to the Knicks, and by the time he gets there, Amare will be cheering him on in $5,000 suits every night while D'Antoni is working for you guys on Friday nights arguing with Jon Barry. Mark my words, the MVP of the 2013 Knicks is going to be either Mozgov or Amare's tailor."

(And that concludes this week's episode of "Turd In The Knicks Fan Punch Bowl!" Don't blame me, blame Mike D'Antoni -- the guy who apparently forgot that Stoudemire's knees are so bad that the Knicks couldn't get his contract insured, then played him 576 minutes in 14 games over a four-week span. He hasn't been quite the same since. It's true.)

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

On ESPN's Page 2, Bill Simmons was ranking the top 50 players in the NBA and he wrote this:

20. Amare Stoudemire
I'd like to introduce a fake character called "Generic NBA Guy Who Knows Things," a distorted compilation of everyone in NBA circles who talks to me off the record. Here's GNGWNT on Amare these past four months:

October: "Amare is gonna have a big year. Huge, huge year. He likes the spotlight. New York will be good for him. He's dumb enough to think he's as big a star as LeBron or Wade. You need that attitude to succeed in New York."

November: "I told you!"

December: "D'Antoni is running Amare into the ground. His knees won't hold up. You don't write about coaches putting themselves above their players nearly enough, Simmons. D'Antoni is coaching for his next job; he doesn't care about Amare's availability in 2014. Did you see the Detroit game? Amare played 54 minutes in double-OT, then averaged 41 the next 10 games. And when his knees go, everyone will blame Dolan and Donnie for spending too much money on him."

January: "You see Amare's numbers this month? D'Antoni finally cut his minutes but it was too late -- his game went in the tank; 45 percent shooting? He hasn't been under 50 percent for an entire month since he was in junior high.

February: "I feel bad for Carmelo. He killed his legacy in Denver to get to the Knicks, and by the time he gets there, Amare will be cheering him on in $5,000 suits every night while D'Antoni is working for you guys on Friday nights arguing with Jon Barry. Mark my words, the MVP of the 2013 Knicks is going to be either Mozgov or Amare's tailor."

(And that concludes this week's episode of "Turd In The Knicks Fan Punch Bowl!" Don't blame me, blame Mike D'Antoni -- the guy who apparently forgot that Stoudemire's knees are so bad that the Knicks couldn't get his contract insured, then played him 576 minutes in 14 games over a four-week span. He hasn't been quite the same since. It's true.)

I agree Amare was playing too much in the beginning of the season, but D'Antoni seems to have cut down the minutes. Probably more so, because of his nick-nack injuries.

I would like a little more moderation in STAT's minutes, but our best chance of winning is with him out there. It's a tough position. I feel sometimes he's on the bench too long. Then you get stats like he's avg. 41 minutes a game and you say he needs rest.
ohwell.gif

Well, that's where Carmelo would be the biggest help..Amar'e isn't really a defensive stopper, despite being 4th in the league in blocks...So we essentially keep him on the floor because our offense runs through him..So if we were to get Carmelo before the deadline, we could keep Carmelo out to keep the offense flowing when Amar'e is resting...Then when they're both on the floor at the same time, the offense would be one of the best in the league

I think if we get Melo, these dudes can extend their careers. I would estimate Stat and melo avg about 33-34 mins per game each.
Obviously STAT being the focal point and main offensive piece, he HAS to play more minutes, even when it's others scoring. @ least draw double teams etc.

With melo we definitely can rest stat more and play a different kind of game when he's on the bench. We need the whole shebang slashers, 3 ball shooters, and A big defensive presence in the paint.
Im about to go into a cryo chamber for like a week.

Stop talking about it and you'll be alright

Not in here too often but I will say this....F the trade...dude wants to play there, just wait til free agency and the new CBA...keep the talent you have and sign Melo for the low. He has shown his cards. Realistically, I don't think he would make yall contenders this year anyway. He's not going anywhere else so just tell Denver to ride it out and sign him in the summer for less than the extension

Walsh is not going to gut this team up. The nuggets are asking for everything in hopes of getting something. Knicks ball movement last games has been excellent. Side note------ how bad is tina cervasio
devil.gif

Originally Posted by LosALMIGHTY

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Modells sold out of the Medium throwbacks!

frown.gif

medium? we about the same size, paws, no romo. I just ordered a large mexican night jersey.
frown.gif
I ordered the medium throwback. I have a David Lee (44) authentic from about 2 years back and its a little big on me, then again I'm short.
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Walsh won't be there, but Dolan will?

Okay, RIP to this deal.
Not RIP. More like say hello to the 2011 New York Knicks -Rautins-Mason Jr.-Melo-STAT-Barron- w/ Isaiah as GM
30t6p3b.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That other stuff aint a lie though. Amar'e getting ran in to the ground.

If he's not traded, how are ya so sure he will sign in the summer? Aren't contracts gonna decrease under the new CBA? What's the max the Knicks can offer Melo?

Seems like Denver just has no interest in trading him.

Gutting the team for Melo and a 36 year old PG is a ridiculous thing to do, that's something Isiah would do.

Just ride with it and get that 6th seed, have a winning season for once, and go from there.

The general consensus around the league is that the Nuggets are making one last call to potential suitors before ultimately entering serious talks with the New York Knicks over the All-Star break.

Even with the Nets answering the phone, the Knicks are still the team to watch as the deadline approaches.

Talks between Denver and New York have progressed, and one source said that a deal between the two sides is "65 percent complete" with the specifics to be worked out when the two parties meet face to face over the All-Star break. A similar meeting has not been scheduled with the Nets, nor has a meeting between the team's officials and Anthony been discussed as of yet.

Both Denver and New York are hesitant to meet the other's needs, but all of the involved parties have started making plans that suggest a trade is inevitable. The Knicks have reached out to several free agents with the assumption that they'll have open roster spots to fill after the deadline, including one player that is very close with Anthony.

New York doesn't want to gut their roster for Anthony and Denver doesn't want to let the Knicks make out like a bandit in any deal. But at the end of the day, league sources continue to believe that one side will budge.

In recent years, All-Star Weekend has been a hotbed for trade rumors involving star players and that will likely continue this year. While teams generally don't finalize trades during the break, deals are often consummated and become official shortly after.

With trade talks expected to advance and face to face meetings already scheduled, it's very possible that Anthony has played his last game as a member of the Denver Nuggets.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18800
http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=18800

The Knicks have reached out to several free agents with the assumption that they'll have open roster spots to fill after the deadline, including one player that is very close with Anthony.
wait, what? 
nerd.gif

Hope that's true. Just saw something about Denver encouraging a meeting between Melo and Prokorov which would go down during ASW.

hoopsworld isn't very dependable

if anything, i can see him getting traded to the nets for a worse package than we would offer a la vince carter. without him even signing an extension.

I don't understand how spite is a good business model. melo will just bad mouth the crap out of the nuggets if they screw him over. good luck getting a major free agent to ever sign there

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Once again, Nets and Nuggets have a framework, but Carmelo Anthony needs to be sold. Prokhorov-'Melo meeting could finally happen in L.A.
3 minutes ago

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Denver-NJ in advanced talks on Anthony, Billups, Balkman, Ely, Williams for Favors, Harris, Murphy, Uzoh and 4 1st rounders, source tells Y!
They can have him.
laugh.gif
@ 4 1st rounders.

Back
Top Bottom