OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
- Give Grant the keys instead of giving Conley all our cap room.
- Sign Fournier/Bazemore & some more complementary pieces.
- Go all in on the PG's in the 2017 FA class (Russ, CP3, Lowry, Holiday, Rose, Oladipo)

We have our draft pick next season so even if we miss the playoffs we'll have a lottery pick in a strong draft class. Hopefully we'll have our coach of the future in place.

D Rose gets max money from us and his knees implode in his first game. He breaks the all time clapping record.
tumblr_ng66u5oxQF1qc0cxpo1_1280.jpg

Chris Paul is 30 years old and is still a top 2-3 PG in this league. When it comes to PGs that dont rely on their athleticism age really isnt a factor.

Conley would do wonders for this team.

I don't wanna see Conley or Derozan anywhere near here.

At this point, you let Grant and Wroten fight for starting PG and you add better guards. I want Batum

Grant/Wroten
Batum
Melo
KP
Lopez

Is an excellent offensive unit and potentially devastating on D

Yeah, adding Batum isn't gonna do much. Look at his impact against Mia now and think, how that production would look on the Knicks. Not that much of a difference maker imo.

He's better than Afflalo...if we can sign him for less than 10mil per, I'd take him in a heartbeat. The guard crop this offseason isn't that great, but we can't waste another year making lateral moves. At the very least, Afflalo opts out and we sign Batum as his replacement. He's younger, a better defender, and probably won't ***** about coming off the bench if he had to.

Also, I doubt we sign Conley considering we already have Grant and just signed Wroten. Grant played well when he got minutes and his shot really improved. I image that will improve even more over the offseason. It's also better that he gained more confidence towards the end of the season, instead the reverse.

He's better than Afflalo...if we can sign him for less than 10mil per, I'd take him in a heartbeat. The guard crop this offseason isn't that great, but we can't waste another year making lateral moves. At the very least, Afflalo opts out and we sign Batum as his replacement. He's younger, a better defender, and probably won't ***** about coming off the bench if he had to.

Also, I doubt we sign Conley considering we already have Grant and just signed Wroten. Grant played well when he got minutes and his shot really improved. I image that will improve even more over the offseason. It's also better that he gained more confidence towards the end of the season, instead the reverse.
Batum is a max player next off season you sleeeeep

Season sucked but I'd like to know what moves we feel need to be made to improve next year

What are the chances Dwight opt's out and signs here ?

Anyone want Joakim Noah to come home and anchor the defense ?

Which point guard should we pick up this offseason ?

Is MSG ever going to stop fighting with my cable provider ?

Back
Top Bottom