OfficiaL '16 NYK offseason thread, Melo goes to bodega in bathrobe and Olympic hat

In the past few months, Who's been your favorite Melo? Multiple choice

• A. Olympic Melo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. Civil Rights Activist Melo

• C. Brazilian hood Melo

• D. Ninja Turtle movie star Melo

• E. Old man annoyed by kids Melo

• F. Yankee/Mets fan Melo

• G. Met Gala Fashion show Melo

• Total voters
CidPbYuVAAETomS.jpg:large

I see no need for Batum

He provides a good perimeter defender with length and he can shoot well

But he's not a SG and team needs a PG before anything

I see no need for Batum

He provides a good perimeter defender with length and he can shoot well
But he's not a SG and team needs a PG before anything

Absolutely our number 1 goal should be a tier 1 or 2 PG or SG but if you have the opportunity to get a young versatile all around player like Batum you have to go for it.

Vogel gunna be our next Van Gundy. Already shows great potential in having the dark shadowy eyes of stress and struggle like when JVG lost years of his life here

Last edited:
in honor of the Draft Lottery on Tuesday, #tbt to last season:

i gotta pee

**** this feeling in the pit of my stomach.:\

I just flipped out on my girl...

my chest killin

it's happening omg omg omg omg omg 

I'm terrified.

Damn Dolan ain't cut the check

**** this **** man

Why being a knicks fan hurt so much :smh:

THIS IS NOT REAL LIFE

Wish I had the money to buy a hooker that's the only way I'll feel better tonight

Herring on Vogel:

Knicks president Phil Jackson and general manager Steve Mills met with ex-Indiana Pacers coach Frank Vogel last week ahead of the NBA combine, a person familiar with the matter confirmed.

The meeting took place in Los Angeles on Wednesday, as the NBA Draft combine was set to begin in Chicago. The West Coast interview with Vogel helps explain why neither Jackson nor Mills were taking part in interviews with potential draft prospects in Chicago, and why assistant general manager Allan Houston took the lead in that regard instead.

During the meeting, first reported by the New York Daily News, Vogel spent a portion of his interview suggesting he’d be able to use the triangle, or at least a number of its principles, on offense if he got the job. Vogel is known mostly for his defensive chops and his ability to work with the triangle system is likely to be a key consideration, given Jackson’s desire to keep it in place going forward.

The Knicks, realizing that they may have to make a choice quickly since Vogel and former-Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt are under consideration elsewhere, are nearing the end of their search and hope to have the process wrapped up within the next week or so, according to the person. New York could request secondary meetings with candidates in coming days.

Aside from Vogel and Blatt, Kurt Rambis—the Knicks’ interim coach since early February—is also under consideration for the position. He was at the combine with the Knicks’ contingent this past week, but declined to comment when asked about the search.

Vogel has been on the market for a little over a week, after being cut loose by the Pacers. Indiana was eliminated in the first round of the playoffs by Toronto.

The 42-year-old, who led Indiana to a 250-181 mark and helped the Pacers finish among the top-10 in defensive efficiency during each of his five full years on the job, served as a scout with the Jackson-coached Lakers during the 2005 season.

Herring on Vogel:

Knicks president Phil Jackson and general manager Steve Mills met with ex-Indiana Pacers coach Frank Vogel last week ahead of the NBA combine, a person familiar with the matter confirmed.

The meeting took place in Los Angeles on Wednesday, as the NBA Draft combine was set to begin in Chicago. The West Coast interview with Vogel helps explain why neither Jackson nor Mills were taking part in interviews with potential draft prospects in Chicago, and why assistant general manager Allan Houston took the lead in that regard instead.

During the meeting, first reported by the New York Daily News, Vogel spent a portion of his interview suggesting he’d be able to use the triangle, or at least a number of its principles, on offense if he got the job. Vogel is known mostly for his defensive chops and his ability to work with the triangle system is likely to be a key consideration, given Jackson’s desire to keep it in place going forward.

The Knicks, realizing that they may have to make a choice quickly since Vogel and former-Cleveland Cavaliers coach David Blatt are under consideration elsewhere, are nearing the end of their search and hope to have the process wrapped up within the next week or so, according to the person. New York could request secondary meetings with candidates in coming days.

Aside from Vogel and Blatt, Kurt Rambis—the Knicks’ interim coach since early February—is also under consideration for the position. He was at the combine with the Knicks’ contingent this past week, but declined to comment when asked about the search.

Vogel has been on the market for a little over a week, after being cut loose by the Pacers. Indiana was eliminated in the first round of the playoffs by Toronto.

The 42-year-old, who led Indiana to a 250-181 mark and helped the Pacers finish among the top-10 in defensive efficiency during each of his five full years on the job, served as a scout with the Jackson-coached Lakers during the 2005 season.
Please make this happen, Phil.

Back
Top Bottom