Official 2008 Atlanta Braves Season Thread (59-77) vol. We Blow

Damn our team is broken every which way players on the DL, Braves not winning on the road, not getting enough innings out of Starting Pitching and so on...

Yesterday Tom Glavine went on the DL with an elbow injury. Also Jair Jurrjens was scratched from todays ESPN game and taking his place is Jeff Bennett.

A list of Braves injuries:
mad.gif
smh.gif
ohwell.gif
tired.gif
indifferent.gif
frown.gif

1 John Smoltz (elbow out for season)
2 Tom Glavine (Strained Left elbow on DL)
3 Mike Hampton (Everything is wrong with him)
4 Peter Moylan (Tommy John Surgery out for season)
5 Matt Diaz (torn ligament on DL since May 28)
6 Mark Kotsay (back injury not getting any better)
7 Martin Prado (broken left thumb)
8 Mike Gonzalez (coming back from Tommy John Surgery)

Others who have been injured

Rafael Soriano (currently strained elbow)
Chipper Jones

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Also Jair Jurrjens was scratched from todays ESPN game and taking his place is Jeff Bennett.

roll.gif

I'm sorry, guys. This is just too much.

pretty much yes. this season is history with all of these duds.
i just hope to see different teams in the post season/world series. make it interesting.

John Smoltz speaking on ESPN hopes to come back i hope he can get a championship before he retires he deserves one more shot at the playoffs.

Next year i hope the Braves use the money they have wisely don't resign Glavine, Hampton's contract is over, don't resign Kotsay,

Things we need young Starting Pitchers or at least reliable Starting Pitchers, Centerfielder, Leftfielder (Diaz cant do it), if Tex leaves Braves then a 1Bwill be needed.

As much as I still want to watch Chipper mash, I just can't be bothered to watch the rest of these dudes right now...
eyes.gif

Prospect Charlie Morton will likely be called up from Triple-A Richmond on June 15 to start in place of an injured Tom Glavine, according to Braves general manager Frank Wren. "I think it's more than likely [going to be Morton]," Wren said. "But we haven't made a decision."

I co-sign with you DLo.

I'm pretty sure Chipper is still a candidate for NL MVP, but the Braves terrible road record and their play as of now might prevent him from reaching thatachievement if it conitnues.

how gay is this crap.

sickickz23, real talk, suck one.

on another note... braves are ridiculous. start calling people up. triple a will play better or at least with more heart than half these dudes.
do not sign kotsay, glavine, hampton and no tex either.
start all over and get young strong healthy players.

Originally Posted by atljunkie

how gay is this crap.

on another note... braves are ridiculous. start calling people up. triple a will play better or at least with more heart than half these dudes.

I agree start all over don't sign Tex (at least you get Draft Picks for him whoever signs him most likely Yankees), no Kotsay, no Glavine, no Hampton,just use what you have in the minors and in a couple of years or 1 maybe Braves can call up Jordan Schafer, Jason Heyward, and some others.

Right now i put the blame on Soriano because we need a definitive Closer and he can't even pitch everyday without a Closer we aint going anywhere this teamreally blows.

308ffcm.jpg

how gay is this crap.

I agree start all over don't sign Tex (at least you get Draft Picks for him whoever signs him most likely Yankees), no Kotsay, no Glavine, no Hampton, just use what you have in the minors and in a couple of years or 1 maybe Braves can call up Jordan Schafer, Jason Heyward, and some others.

Right now i put the blame on Soriano because we need a definitive Closer and he can't even pitch everyday without a Closer we aint going anywhere this team really blows.

308ffcm.jpg

I think you guys might be jumping the gun a little on the Tex hate. Hes notoriously a 2nd half guy, I'm sure he'll be fine. Of course weshouldn't break the bank to sign him either, based on his production thus far.

Originally Posted by carolinatarheels4040

how gay is this crap.

I agree start all over don't sign Tex (at least you get Draft Picks for him whoever signs him most likely Yankees), no Kotsay, no Glavine, no Hampton, just use what you have in the minors and in a couple of years or 1 maybe Braves can call up Jordan Schafer, Jason Heyward, and some others.

Right now i put the blame on Soriano because we need a definitive Closer and he can't even pitch everyday without a Closer we aint going anywhere this team really blows.

308ffcm.jpg

I think you guys might be jumping the gun a little on the Tex hate. Hes notoriously a 2nd half guy, I'm sure he'll be fine. Of course we shouldn't break the bank to sign him either, based on his production thus far.

no hate here. just simply saying dude is going to want a serious check for a lot of years and i think the braves would be stupid to sign right up for it(word to hampton)
i dont know if you guys realize but tex's agent is the same guy arod used. boras (sp?) and look how much he was dealt.
smh.gif

Honestly I def would like to see Tex back in a Braves uni next season, but we all know his agent Scott Boras is like Drew Rosenhaus of the NFL, so Tex seekinga big contract for the Braves would hurt the team's flexibilty of acquiring young players and prospects in the offseason. So we'll see how that goes. But for now lets just focus on how the Braves fare during the rest of the year.

how gay is this crap.

How can I when your team sucked all three?
roll.gif

OTR, good series and you'll probably get your revenge once we arrive at Turner.

With the recent addition of Tom Glavine, there was $62 million worth of players out of action. That's more than half of the Braves' payroll and more than Tampa Bay, Kansas City and Florida are spending the entire season.

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Wren says Glavine will be out at least until the All-Star Break in mid-July.
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom