Official 2008 Atlanta Braves Season Thread (59-77) vol. We Blow

Jeff Francoeur Homerun
pimp.gif
He's Back!

Blaine Boyer
mad.gif
this guy never gets an easy 123inning

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

You guys escaped from witnessing history twice in one series.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

your team isnt much better. at least the winner in the NL East will be over .500

Originally Posted by atljunkie

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

You guys escaped from witnessing history twice in one series.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

your team isnt much better. at least the winner in the NL East will be over .500

It's funny you say that, but this team is finally getting it together. 4 straight series wins, only 1 game from being .500, tied for first place,staying afloat even with all the injuries...... If the Dodgers starting pitching can stay healthy, they can make some noise.

smh.gif
Can't even beat the Padres.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Braves trade Teixeira before the trading deadline i'm sure they won't re-sign Tex next year as Boras stated that heis seeking Tex a 23 Million Dollar per year contract, so Braves will just get Draft picks when he leaves or if someone offers a package deal i think Braves maytrade Tex.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

smh.gif
Can't even beat the Padres.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Braves trade Teixeira before the trading deadline i'm sure they won't re-sign Tex next year as Boras stated that he is seeking Tex a 23 Million Dollar per year contract, so Braves will just get Draft picks when he leaves or if someone offers a package deal i think Braves may trade Tex.

Well we swept both the Dodgers and Padres at home earlier this season, but the road is pretty much our way to lose games.

Damn we need money to spend on a true young potential pitcher similar to Jurrjens in the offseason as well as prospects. Tex asking for a lot of money willcontinue to hamper our future.

Braves won 4-1

Francoeur with 2 rbi

Brent Lillibridge hit his 1st Major League Homerun and was good with the bat tonight

Mike Gonzalez got a save and is filthy throwing really hard topped out at 95 and he got that cocky attitude and his pitching delivery is unique.

Game 3 @ Padres

Bats woke up today 12 runs for Braves McCann hit another HR he really should've started instead of Soto in the ASG.

Strong finish by the Braves today.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Frenchy looks like he's back and I strong believe that McCann is better than Soto. This was our best road game to date this season.

Padres
laugh.gif
smh.gif
The NL West is a complete joke.

After the ASG Braves face:

3 vs Nationals
3 @ Marlins
3 @ Phillies

Huge NL East battle if we win 2 out of 3 next 3 series Braves will be in good shape.

Half way through Braves have been disappointing but its due to the Starting Rotation failing us Smoltz, Glavine, Hampton all gone early Smoltz is definitelymissed i thought he had the chance to win at least 16 games plus the fact that he out dueled Johan Santana early in the year he was looking good.

Some good points though are that Chipper, McCann and Jair Jurrjens have been great for us if Jair wasn't here Braves would've been long gone, andChipper and McCann are huge for our offense. Tex will get on fire after ASG and it will be the last months we will see him as he will leave via Free Agencydamn that Scott Boras
mad.gif

Looking forward to seeing Chipper Jones and Brian McCann in the ASG they will do Braves proud.
happy.gif

a few words about the 1st half before the second half begins tonight.

-Jair and Chipper have been amazing despite our roster being ravaged our injuries.
-McCann and Tex are getting hot as of late.
-Frenchy is somehow getting his hitting groove back again.
-the road is still our enemy but I think we are capable of gewtting wins there now.

Hudson to take the mound tonight.
pimp.gif

Willie Harris as the starting CF
laugh.gif
Willie was our backup OF

Lot of Ex Braves on the Nationals Lineup and those guys were back ups while the Nationals use them as Starters

Ryan Langerhans
Willie Harris
Ryan Langerhans

Willie Harris as the starting CF
laugh.gif
Willie was our backup OF

Lot of Ex Braves on the Nationals Lineup and those guys were back ups while the Nationals use them as Starters

Ryan Langerhans
Willie Harris
Ryan Langerhans

Yeah I remember Willie going 6 for 6 that one game against the Cards last year I think.
laugh.gif

I also remember he made a game saving catch in the outfield against the Mets at Shea too (TBS game)

Braves win 7-6

Mike Gonzalez got into trouble but got the save.

Brian McCann hit a triple his bat was definitely needed at the All Star Game.

we FINALLY hit Hudson and Redding wastes it.
mad.gif

Ryan Langerhans
Willie Harris
Ryan Langerhans
indifferent.gif
THEY ARE ONLY PLAYING BECAUSE DUKES AND MILLEDGEARE ON THE DL.
indifferent.gif

btw, Harris is a G and i'm glad he's a Nat
pimp.gif

i forgot to add Johnny Estrada and Odalis Perez to the list of ex Braves on the Nats, Johnny is looks really heavy.

Nats lose
happy.gif
glasses.gif
pimp.gif

i forgot to add Johnny Estrada and Odalis Perez to the list of ex Braves on the Nats, Johnny is looks really heavy.

Nats lose
happy.gif
glasses.gif
pimp.gif

Estrada is third on the catching depth chart.

yall ESCAPED with the win tonight.

Back
Top Bottom