Official 2008 Atlanta Braves Season Thread (59-77) vol. We Blow

Braves win 11-4
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Hampton gets his first hard earned win since 2005.

Now the real question is if we able to keep him next year, as long as he doesn't go down with an injury again and keeps the momentum up.

^ I know that. I'm just saying if he keeps the consistency like he did tonight throughout the rest of the season, then it could be a possibility that wemight re-sign him next year.....
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
If not, oh well.

Nah Braves want an Ace type pitcher like CC Sabathia they will have the money question is will they do it.

if Mike Hampton wants to come back next year he better should come back for FREE because all those past 3 years he stole money from the Braves (16 Million peryear he stole)

Tomorrow Chuck James
eyes.gif
vs Tim Lincecum
glasses.gif
my favorite pitcher game at 3:45 EST

Braves win 6-4.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Despite bullpen giving up all 4 runs late in bottom eighth, Charlie pitched 7 scoreless innings to end a personal three-game losing streak.

Yunel helped lead a 4 run 8th inning.

Chipper comes back From the DL in a Braves 11-6 victory.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
He hit a two run jack in the ninth while Martin Prado drove in threeruns.
pimp.gif

Braves win their 3rd straight vs the DBacks 11-4.
happy.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

McCann hits a two-run homer in the first inning while he also lead the Braves to a 7-run sixth inning.

Hampton to face Webb Sunday to attempt to get the Braves' first road sweep of the year.

good job for the braves today! sweep potential tomorrow!!!!

but mccann doing his thing. interesting stat for those who want one.

Brian McCann tallied a home run, four RBIs and a stolen base for the second time this season.
No other catcher in the past 50 years has done that twice in a season.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Braves won the series vs the Diamondbacks 3 out of 4. McCann is playing great that he came back and Chipper too.

Skip Caray Funeral

Chipper, Francoeur, McCann

294sxo8.jpg

Leo Mazzone

wvr9uh.jpg

John Smoltz

34671fk.jpg

Tom Glavine

2eziu0o.jpg

Chipper Jones sent flowers

95o20h.jpg

I haven't seen too much of the Braves lately, but I know they haven't faired too well against the big 3 NL Central teams.

Go Cubs.

Braves game is rained out so tomorrow they will play a Double Header vs Cubs

1st game 1:00
2nd game 7:00

Braves lost double header yesterday.

Today Tom Glavine returns from the DL and will Start Today vs Cubs.

Braves will wear "Skip" patch for the remainder of the season in honor of Skip Caray.

wlb29v.jpg

Glavine is back
pimp.gif
And I like that patch too.

Damn like arog27 said earlier, we suck against the NL Central this year.
indifferent.gif
Hope Tom will win the finale against them tonight.

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Kotsay
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
......If you can't win the games, you might as well as enjoy personal achievements.
Mark Kotsay hit for the cycle
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

its not frustrating anymore since Braves are 10 games out of the division leader and the wild card is gone too so its just time to see what will come nextyear.

i got tickets to see the Braves next week
happy.gif
i'll always cheer themon win or lose.

Kotsay was in the zone tonight. Cubs' offense is just rolling right now. Last time we'll see the Braves. Good luck to you guys next year.

oh well the season was fun while it lasted. We were on a roll after the 4-game home sweep against the Mets back in May until we fell off. Now all we can dois see if we can finish strong.

^but good luck to your Cubs when they make the playoffs

Elbow forces Glavine to return to DL
Future unclear for veteran lefty, who'll be evaluated Saturday

ATLANTA -- Tom Glavine had hoped to spend the next six weeks gauging whether he'd want to pitch again next year. But the Braves southpaw will spend at least the next two weeks sidelined again by an ailing left elbow that has bothered him most of this season.
When the Braves announced late Friday afternoon that Glavine had been placed back on the 15-day disabled list, there was immediate reason to wonder if the 300-game winner's career might be over. But general manager Frank Wren says it's far too early to make any sort of assumption.

"I just don't think we know enough to say that," Wren said.
Before allowing seven earned runs and seven hits in four innings against the Cubs on Thursday night, Glavine had been sidelined since June 10 because of a partially torn flexor tendon in his left elbow. "I think his performance was a result of what he was feeling [in his elbow]," Wren said.Glavine likened the soreness he experienced during Thursday's game to the minor discomfort that he'd experienced in the two Minor League rehab appearances he made earlier this month. The 42-year-old left-hander's belief was that he'd gain some relief over the next couple of days.

But based on what they saw Thursday and the fact that Glavine experienced more soreness Friday morning, the Braves opted to put him on the disabled list for the third time this season. Before this year, he'd experienced 21 Major League seasons and compiled 303 career wins without a trip to the disabled list. "He was sore when he came out of the game and sore today," Wren said Friday. "We'll evaluate it day-to-day."

Because his wife underwent a medical procedure Friday, Glavine wasn't immediately available for comment. He is expected to return to Turner Field on Saturday to have his elbow evaluated by the Braves medical staff. Braves manager Bobby Cox thought that Glavine was victimized by a tight strike zone and a couple of misplaced pitches Thursday night. "I don't think he really wanted to go on [the disabled list]," Cox said. "But we're kind of in a bind."

To account for Glavine's absence, the Braves purchased the contract of right-handed pitcher Matt DeSalvo from Triple-A Richmond. DeSalvo, who issued 53 walks and posted a 4.60 ERA in 88 innings for Richmond, simply provides some bullpen depth. Cox will need to find a starter for Tuesday's game to fill the void created by Glavine, who has gone 2-4 with a 5.54 ERA in 13 starts this season. Given that his elbow discomfort began during his May 4 start against the Reds, he made just three injury-free starts this season.

This was supposed to be a much more enjoyable season for Glavine, who played with the Braves from 1987-2002 and then spent the past five seasons with the Mets. He signed a one-year, $8 million contract in November and was looking forward to the opportunity to pitch again with his close friend John Smoltz, who underwent season-ending shoulder surgery in June. Smoltz and Glavine have never indicated that they plan to retire at the end of this season. But they both find themselves facing the possibility that they may not be able to return next year.

Back
Top Bottom