***Official 2009 N.L. Central Thread*** Congrats to the Cardinals***

How much are tickets for a reds game? For real it never looks full, does less crowd mean cheaper prices.

I bought 2 tickets for may 7th when cubs come to houston for the 2 game set and 3rd baseline seats were 40 a piece, didn't seem bad to me, dugout seats forastros are 50 a pop

Milton.gif

wow what a clown,
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

Another L against the Pirates..........They better play this hard against every team they play this year, not just us.

P.S.

Ive never liked Wellemeyer............Obviously for good reason. Dude always looks really lazy like he doesnt want to pitch or something.

We`ll win tomorrow, Carp has looked great thus far and hopefully its the same for his first start of the season.
The Pirates have had our number for a minute, hopefully Carp can come in and shut it down
nerd.gif

Harden in game 1 vs the Boo'ers.
pimp.gif

Let's hope he doesn't blow his arm out in his first start.

Votto with another 3-run bomb today
pimp.gif
4rbi's
And nobody goes to Reds games because we havent had a winning season in 8 years, tickets are as cheap as $5 this year along with $5 beers, $1 hot dogs,peanuts, drinks, and so on, so it's not because of the pricing it's simply nobody wants to go see a losing team. Winning cures all though.

[h2][/h2]
[h2]
Cardinals win Carpenter's no-hit bid[/h2] [h3]Starter holds Bucs hitless into seventh; Barden does rest
rHY7bVsP.jpg

[/h3]
By B.J. Rains / MLB.com

04/09/09 4:13 PM ET
Box >ST. LOUIS -- Brian Barden's pinch-hit RBI single in the bottom of the seventh made a winner out of Chris Carpenter, who allowed just one hit in seven innings, as the Cardinals beat the Pirates, 2-1, on a rainy Thursday afternoon at Busch Stadium.
Carpenter, making his first start of the season and just his fifth start since the end of the 2006 season, tossed six no-hit innings to kick off the day, but he got into trouble in the seventh when he walked Pirates catcher Ryan Doumit to lead off the inning. A potential double-play ball, which would have ended the inning and kept the no-no alive, was scrubbed when second baseman Skip Schumaker's toss to Khalil Greene at short pulled him off the bag and kept the shortstop from making the relay throw to first.

The next hitter, Ramon Vazquez, singled past a diving Schumaker for a two-out hit, ending Carpenter's bid for his first no-hitter. Carpenter struck out the next batter, Jack Wilson, to end the inning and his afternoon.

The Cardinals trailed 1-0 in the seventh before they took the lead on four consecutive singles. Yadier Molina's single up the middle tied the game before Barden followed with the game-winner.

Carpenter struck out seven and walked two in his stellar debut start. He gave up an unearned run in the third inning when Albert Pujols tried to get the lead runner at second on a sacrifice bunt attempt by Pirates pitcher Ross Ohlendorf, but the throw was off-target and Vazquez scampered to third. The next hitter, Nyjer Morgan, hit a soft grounder to Pujols, who tried to get Vazquez at the plate but again threw wide -- leaving catcher Yadier Molina unable to get the tag down in time.

B.J. Rains is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs

Great game by Carp, offense comes through too
pimp.gif

Where did ronnie cedeno go? Regulars should know I've been a big cedeno supporter over the years. I thought he made some big leaps last year

Originally Posted by jdcurt2

Votto with another 3-run bomb today
pimp.gif
4rbi's
And nobody goes to Reds games because we havent had a winning season in 8 years, tickets are as cheap as $5 this year along with $5 beers, $1 hot dogs, peanuts, drinks, and so on, so it's not because of the pricing it's simply nobody wants to go see a losing team. Winning cures all though.

That's what I'm afraid of. Once we start winning I won't be able to go all the time cause of a bunch of bum @ss bandwagon fans (a la Bengalsfans).

On another note, Arthur Rhodes
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

[h2][/h2]
[h2]
Cardinals win Carpenter's no-hit bid[/h2] [h3]Starter holds Bucs hitless into seventh; Barden does rest
rHY7bVsP.jpg

[/h3]
By B.J. Rains / MLB.com

04/09/09 4:13 PM ET
Box >ST. LOUIS -- Brian Barden's pinch-hit RBI single in the bottom of the seventh made a winner out of Chris Carpenter, who allowed just one hit in seven innings, as the Cardinals beat the Pirates, 2-1, on a rainy Thursday afternoon at Busch Stadium.
Carpenter, making his first start of the season and just his fifth start since the end of the 2006 season, tossed six no-hit innings to kick off the day, but he got into trouble in the seventh when he walked Pirates catcher Ryan Doumit to lead off the inning. A potential double-play ball, which would have ended the inning and kept the no-no alive, was scrubbed when second baseman Skip Schumaker's toss to Khalil Greene at short pulled him off the bag and kept the shortstop from making the relay throw to first.

The next hitter, Ramon Vazquez, singled past a diving Schumaker for a two-out hit, ending Carpenter's bid for his first no-hitter. Carpenter struck out the next batter, Jack Wilson, to end the inning and his afternoon.

The Cardinals trailed 1-0 in the seventh before they took the lead on four consecutive singles. Yadier Molina's single up the middle tied the game before Barden followed with the game-winner.

Carpenter struck out seven and walked two in his stellar debut start. He gave up an unearned run in the third inning when Albert Pujols tried to get the lead runner at second on a sacrifice bunt attempt by Pirates pitcher Ross Ohlendorf, but the throw was off-target and Vazquez scampered to third. The next hitter, Nyjer Morgan, hit a soft grounder to Pujols, who tried to get Vazquez at the plate but again threw wide -- leaving catcher Yadier Molina unable to get the tag down in time.

B.J. Rains is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs
Great game by Carp, offense comes through too
pimp.gif

I knew it was going to happen. If Carp Wain and lohse stay healthy.......we`ll be in the playoffs. The jury is out on Wellemeyer and Pineiro(we`ll see how he looks tomorrow)

Originally Posted by youngmoney

yo first born, wats with the hate

Well.......he isnt the only one.......We dont hate you, we dont really hate anyone. But we do hate Wisconsin4Life.

yes i said it right, we dont have anyone, he is a nobody.......We can hate nobody`s
grin.gif

You'll get used to the ridiculous amount of hate and immaturity from the Cardinals fans on this board, mainly firstborn pacmagic. It's quite sad to behonest, sort of like their team.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Wisconsin 4 Life

You'll get used to the ridiculous amount of hate and immaturity from the Cardinals fans on this board, mainly firstborn pacmagic. It's quite sad to be honest, sort of like their team.
laugh.gif

[h1] Giants 7, Brewers 1[/h1]
[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]E[/td] [/tr][tr][td]MIL (1-2)[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]SFO (2-1)[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]0[/td] [/tr][/table][h4]Final[/h4]---------------------------------------------
This dude is so enamored with what the Cardinals do that he talks about a team being sad, not realizing that his team is going to be in the bottom 3 of the NLCentral at the end of the year..........Ill ignore the rest of your posts until the end of the year just so i can see your reaction to another season ofwaste...........have fun
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif
glasses.gif

youngmoney wrote:
youngmoney, I personally don't have anything against you. For some reason Wisconsin4Life has waged a personal war against Cardinals fans onthis board. What's funny is nobody ever even provoked him, however he has found it necessary to become a troll in this thread. I don't pay him any mindthough, the ignore & block user option has already been used.

Back
Top Bottom