Official 2009 National League Champs: Philadelphia Phillies beat the Dodgers 4-1 Vol. Broxton = SOFT

We got beat buy Ruiz and Victorino!!! How I'm gon tell me kids this s*** in the future??? I might have to move or some s***
Victorino!!!!!!!! Who is this guy he look like he live in Gardena or something and he out here beatin the LA Dodgers. Wow
roll.gif
Dom Kennedy is too funny on twitter right now

Congrats to the Phillies fans that were here when this thread started....

roll.gif
@ all these dudes that came in here after Page 40, to jump in the fight when the other fighter is on the ground.

I don't know if I came in here after page 40 but one way or another I'll take the thanks either way. The one thing I don't get is whywith seemingly so many Phils fans why isn't there never a thread or anything? Whatever though going to Modells to add to the Phils t-shirt hat collection.

That was an interesting series to say the least. I honestly thought the Dodgers were going to put up a much bigger fight, guess the Phils wanted it more.Though I am not a Phillies fan; I am pulling for them to repeat. I don't think I can stomach if the Yanks win the world series, which deep down I believethey will.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Though I am not a Phillies fan; I am pulling for them to repeat. I don't think I can stomach if the Yanks win the world series, which deep down I believe they will.
this

That was an interesting series to say the least. I honestly thought the Dodgers were going to put up a much bigger fight, guess the Phils wanted it more. Though I am not a Phillies fan; I am pulling for them to repeat. I don't think I can stomach if the Yanks win the world series, which deep down I believe they will.
I'd rather see the Yankees win than the Phillies and their suck %$% city get it again.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Though I am not a Phillies fan; I am pulling for them to repeat. I don't think I can stomach if the Yanks win the world series, which deep down I believe they will.
this
Yea its gonna be rough around here if the Yankees do win it all. I swear all my people are Yankee fans. And to make it worse the girls are theones that rub it in the most. But that is just because girls for the most part are kinda bandwagonny (is that a word? Yea *%%$ it, thats a word). But I cantake it, Ive dished it for the past few seasons. So I gotta be able to take it, I just dont want it to be anytime soon.

Nah. Don't let the mystique of the "New York Yankees" get to you. Sure, the team has a ton of history but the media has twisted that intomaking the Yankees some unstoppable force any time they have a halfway decent team.

Playing the Twins and the Angels (who frankly rolled over), of course they're going to look solid.

This year's Yankees are Ivan Drago to the Phillies' Rocky Balboa. Drago, like the Yankees, was powerful but artificially built; impressive but has noheart or passion. The Phillies are Rocky - raw talent, with the heart and will to win against any odds.

Who won the Drago-Rocky fight?

Why do Philly fans always refer to Rocky.
laugh.gif

Do ya'll still play the Rocky theme music at every bar after last call? I swear that was the case when I went.
laugh.gif

Regardless it is going to be a great world series. I fully expect it to go seven. So much firepower from both teams' lineups and some great pitchers aswell. Phillies bullpen is going to have to repeat what they did against the Dodgers if we want to win though. I don't expect Mariano to be blowing anysaves in the World Series, so Lidge has to do the same. I really wish it wasn't a damn week away though. They should've made it three days after bothseries' were over.

The Phillies offense was just too much for the Dodgers. It was as though anytime the Dodgers did something the Phillies countered with double or triple theruns. The Dodgers bullpen couldn't handle the pressure. Walk after walk. That 5-4 lost leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, sadly though I just knew Broxwould find a way to blow it. He is terrible on the road. Congrats to the Phils! Can't say you deserved it more though you played better. Nothing againstPhils fans I just rather pull for a socal team at this point.

Burns1923 wrote:

Nah. Don't let the mystique of the "New York Yankees" get to you. Sure, the team has a ton of history but the media has twisted that into making the Yankees some unstoppable force any time they have a halfway decent team.

Playing the Twins and the Angels (who frankly rolled over), of course they're going to look solid.

This year's Yankees are Ivan Drago to the Phillies' Rocky Balboa. Drago, like the Yankees, was powerful but artificially built; impressive but has no heart or passion. The Phillies are Rocky - raw talent, with the heart and will to win against any odds.

The mystique of the New York Yankees?
laugh.gif
Naw my man, it's not thatwhatsoever. The truth of the matter is this is the best Yankees team I have seen since their 3-peat. The players they invested in during the last off-seasonhave really worked out. A-Rod's performance this postseason is a complete 180 from what we are used to seeing. C.C. has been lights out and lets face it,he owns NL hitters. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Yankees with a passion and would love for the Phillies to beat them, but something tells me it's nothappening.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

I don't know if I came in here after page 40 but one way or another I'll take the thanks either way. The one thing I don't get is why with seemingly so many Phils fans why isn't there never a thread or anything? Whatever though going to Modells to add to the Phils t-shirt hat collection.
I woke up and left the house at 5:30 to head to Modells. I had 7-7 duty at the Hospital today so I'd figure I head out a bit early. Boy was Iwrong. By the time I got there, there was already 30-40 people in line.

Anyhow, Good Games to the Dodgers. A big middle finger to David Wells on TBS. Anyways picking against the Phils.

I got tickets to game 4 of the WS and I'm sort of tempted to sell them, well it depends on if we are on the verge of a 3-0 sweep then I'll just go.

Burns1923 wrote:

Nah. Don't let the mystique of the "New York Yankees" get to you. Sure, the team has a ton of history but the media has twisted that into making the Yankees some unstoppable force any time they have a halfway decent team.

This year's Yankees are Ivan Drago to the Phillies' Rocky Balboa. Drago, like the Yankees, was powerful but artificially built; impressive but has no heart or passion. The Phillies are Rocky - raw talent, with the heart and will to win against any odds.

laugh.gif
Naw my man, it's not that whatsoever. The truth of the matter is this is the best Yankees team I have seen since their 3-peat. The players they invested in during the last off-season have really worked out. A-Rod's performance this postseason is a complete 180 from what we are used to seeing. C.C. has been lights out and lets face it, he owns NL hitters. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Yankees with a passion and would love for the Phillies to beat them, but something tells me it's not happening.

Although the Yankees are a very formidable opponent for the Phils, it isn't Mission Impossible for the Phils to beat the Yankees if/when they play in theWorld Series. The Phillies control their own destiny and they understand that even when they are/have been picked underdogs...when they play their A game theycan beat anybody.

Mez, I was only thinking of the characteristics of Drago and Rocky - they can be applied to a Yankees-Phillies matchup. But Rocky does personify thatno-one-thinks-so-but-we-can-win feeling that seems to define the city of Philadelphia.

laugh.gif
Naw my man, it's not that whatsoever. The truth of the matter is this is the best Yankees team I have seen since their 3-peat. The players they invested in during the last off-season have really worked out. A-Rod's performance this postseason is a complete 180 from what we are used to seeing. C.C. has been lights out and lets face it, he owns NL hitters. Don't get me wrong, I hate the Yankees with a passion and would love for the Phillies to beat them, but something tells me it's not happening.
I agree with this being the best Yanks team since the 3-peat. I know they've got the players to win. A-Rod is actually playing like heshould and Jeter is Jeter. But the Phillies had no trouble with Sabathia last year and I don't suspect they'll have much trouble with the rest of theYankees' pitching staff, even Rivera. And even though it's a different situation, the fact that the Phils took 2 of 3 in Yankee Stadium this season issomething else to consider. From what I've seen, I think the Phillies have this and it'll take the Yankees playing consistently top-shelf to beat them. We'll soon find out.

i wouldn't go off the regular season series too much. either team is more then capable of going into the other teams ballpark and playing solid ball.

the phillies are dangerous at home though and it's crazy when you look at how their lineup has 2 recent mvps and a bunch of solid hitters plus last yearscy young award winner and world series mvp on the pitching staff. the phillies are good and they did a damn good job building that team.

i think sabathia shook that playoff choker label this year though and he'll pitch much better against philly this year. each team is going to get to theother teams pitching in that series though.

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Mez, I was only thinking of the characteristics of Drago and Rocky - they can be applied to a Yankees-Phillies matchup. But Rocky does personify that no-one-thinks-so-but-we-can-win feeling that seems to define the city of Philadelphia.

laugh.gif
I agree with this being the best Yanks team since the 3-peat. I know they've got the players to win. A-Rod is actually playing like he should and Jeter is Jeter. But the Phillies had no trouble with Sabathia last year and I don't suspect they'll have much trouble with the rest of the Yankees' pitching staff, even Rivera. And even though it's a different situation, the fact that the Phils took 2 of 3 in Yankee Stadium this season is something else to consider. From what I've seen, I think the Phillies have this and it'll take the Yankees playing consistently top-shelf to beat them. We'll soon find out.

I hope you're right Burns

Originally Posted by Burns1923

Mez, I was only thinking of the characteristics of Drago and Rocky - they can be applied to a Yankees-Phillies matchup. But Rocky does personify that no-one-thinks-so-but-we-can-win feeling that seems to define the city of Philadelphia.

laugh.gif
I agree with this being the best Yanks team since the 3-peat. I know they've got the players to win. A-Rod is actually playing like he should and Jeter is Jeter. But the Phillies had no trouble with Sabathia last year and I don't suspect they'll have much trouble with the rest of the Yankees' pitching staff, even Rivera. And even though it's a different situation, the fact that the Phils took 2 of 3 in Yankee Stadium this season is something else to consider. From what I've seen, I think the Phillies have this and it'll take the Yankees playing consistently top-shelf to beat them. We'll soon find out.

I hope you're right Burns

Me too, man. Me too.

If the Yankees were to win, then they deserved it. But I'm confident the Phillies have the momentum and win or lose, it's up to them.

Back
Top Bottom