OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

So he's the tallest ****** in the Mavericks centers room...

Still, I'm just not sure I'm prepared to commit long-term to a guy that isn't a potential building piece in a rebuilding job and will likely be damn near impossible to move 3 years from now...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Long-term deal for a 30 year old center with a history of injuries and up-and-down performance... Scary.

Not something I'm particularly excited about doing with a team that's on the verge of a rebuilding job.

The way I see it the new CBA isn't going to allow 6 years contracts.

So the max for 4 or 5 years doesn't bother because we are looking at a total rebuild once Dirk hangs it up.

If the new CBA has a hard cap all of this is irrelevant anyways.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

So he's the tallest ****** in the Mavericks centers room...

Still, I'm just not sure I'm prepared to commit long-term to a guy that isn't a potential building piece in a rebuilding job and will likely be damn near impossible to move 3 years from now...

You or nor I nor anyone else knows if contracts will even be fully guaranteed next CBA.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by PMatic

Kings got put on blast. 
laugh.gif
Perhaps Antoine Wright is just disgruntled though.
He just salty that he got waived. And now plays in China.
laugh.gif

But I mos def agree that a new coach would do wonders for the team. A coach that doesn't coddle Tyreke so much. I mean, Cousins, can definitely come out the better player and he gets chewed up over every mistake.

Sac is a crap %%! organization I doubt that he's just disgruntled.

And Tyson Chandler isn't going to get Haywood money under a new CBA.

roll.gif
 @ the Grizz being in the top 10 this year amongst all major league franchises ultimate standings. They climbed like 66 spots.

Winning cures everything huh?

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

You or nor I nor anyone else knows if contracts will even be fully guaranteed next CBA.
If the owners are deadset on non-guaranteed contracts we're not going to have basketball next season so it won't matter anyhow.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by PMatic

Kings got put on blast. 
laugh.gif
Perhaps Antoine Wright is just disgruntled though.
He just salty that he got waived. And now plays in China.
laugh.gif

But I mos def agree that a new coach would do wonders for the team. A coach that doesn't coddle Tyreke so much. I mean, Cousins, can definitely come out the better player and he gets chewed up over every mistake.
Sac is a crap %%! organization I doubt that he's just disgruntled.
Are you Antoine Wright?

But yeah, the Kings need new owners too.
laugh.gif

man japanair i dunno whats gotten into you but wow you must be tyson chandlers biggest fan. its quite insane. i am begining to think you would take him over dirk on your team. the dude aint as good as you selling him to be. you could probably get dalembert for cheaper and still have the same results...

Originally Posted by NobleKane

man japanair i dunno whats gotten into you but wow you must be tyson chandlers biggest fan. its quite insane. i am begining to think you would take him over dirk on your team. the dude aint as good as you selling him to be. you could probably get dalembert for cheaper and still have the same results...
No way in hell Dalembert is hedging on LeBron/Wade on the perimeter and working like Chandler did on the offensive boards.

Originally Posted by knightngale

Chalmers is gone if that is what the Heat are offering. Unless he does not mind being underpaid like Haslem.

We can not lose both Chalmers and Bibby. That will limit what we can do with the MLE. I think the main thing is to bring some offense off the bench because the defense is already great.

I was gonna say that we need shooting but we already have James Jones and Mille and Chalmers if we can keep him.

I think the main things to do this off season is to implement a new offense and rely less on 1 on 1 except in the 4th quarter. Spoelstra needs to step up on that front or we will be out next year again
tired.gif

from the heat thread
????????

I'm assuming that if any trades were to happen it would have to be done before June 30 and a lockout right?

So draft night is probably going to be the best chance to see player movement.

chandler was a huge reason the mavs won.

7 footers don't grow on trees. i would give him three years

Chandler is a big reason why the Mavs won it all, no doubt. Dalembert would have fouled out by the second quarter. Just not the smartest player. 
laugh.gif
But he's a good person. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Yea, I'm a Dalembert fan but that's a load of crap
laugh.gif

Only thing I have against Tyson is that he's an old 28.

dalembert is a better shot blocker and is younger by 1 year. ALSO the only thing chandler has in his offensive repertoire is the alley hoop. dalembert atleast has a few post moves and tries. this dude japanair was BEGGIN for chandler to do something in the post which he couldnt cuz all he can do is catch a lob. Dalembert could have...

Their career averages are near identical...

What do you want me to say NK?
grin.gif

Tyson worked his !#$ off for us for 95 games this year, after playing summer ball.

Sorry for being a prisoner of the moment, but no Center in Dallas history has busted his !#$ like Tyson did. Dampier didn't his entire stint with the Mavericks, Diop didn't, none of our wanna-be Centers did.

He held cats accountable, and he beat himself up when he wasn't getting it done, he helped motivate guys that were normally not great defenders to step up and do their part, and he helped turn good defenders into great defenders. The effort and intensity he brought was much-needed.

You ask any player on that team what the difference was this year, what put them over the top, it was Tyson. That's all I've said. I want him back, is he NOT the main priority? You want Haywood and Mahinmi as the Dallas Center rotation? And what if one of them goes down?

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Chalmers is gone if that is what the Heat are offering. Unless he does not mind being underpaid like Haslem.

We can not lose both Chalmers and Bibby. That will limit what we can do with the MLE. I think the main thing is to bring some offense off the bench because the defense is already great.

I was gonna say that we need shooting but we already have James Jones and Mille and Chalmers if we can keep him.

I think the main things to do this off season is to implement a new offense and rely less on 1 on 1 except in the 4th quarter. Spoelstra needs to step up on that front or we will be out next year again
tired.gif

from the heat thread
????????
Is that dude the most annoying NBA Playoff bit every year?
laugh.gif

Now dude exposed himself for having two names too.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Dalembert is not younger or better than Chandler. However, in the right system, Dalembert can replicate what the Chandler did last year on the Mavs. He won't be able to on the Kings. Not any time soon at least. If Dalembert joins the Heat...  

Dalembert is a better person than Chandler. That is his only win.
laugh.gif

Dalembert is not younger

my bad got the ages mixed up because chandler has played one more season than dalembert. hes a year older. but he is a better shot blocker. they are both foul magnets tho. and dalembert does have some post moves. he also has a better track record of staying healthy than chandler.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

tired.gif

from the heat thread
????????

WOW can u say forgot to log into other screen name?
laugh.gif
 dude got caught. the things some people do on the internet
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom