OFFICIAL 2010-2011 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD : VOL. MOST. ANTICIPATED. PLAYOFFS. EVER?

Kevin Love was supposed to be the main beneficiary of the trade that sent Al Jefferson to Utah during the summer, but that hasn't been the case as the power forward is only averaging 26.5 minutes in the Wolves first five games of the season.

Love, fans of the Wolves, and NBA scouts are all perplexed as to why head coach Kurt Rambis is leaving him on the bench for so much of the game.

"You have to be on crystal meth not to give Love more minutes on that team," one scout toldESPN the Magazine's Chris Broussard. "It makes no sense."

Love may be saying all the right things now because it's early in the season, but how long until he demands minutes or a trade from the struggling team? It might happen before Christmas if his minutes don't increase soon.

A little late but that handshake with the T'Wolves was
laugh.gif
roll.gif

The Twolves are just so incredibly incompetent it's both sad and incomparably hilarious at the same time. 
laugh.gif

K. Love is a god danm beast, and if he is not playing 36 minutes per game, it is a travesty beyond travesties.

and like I have said before on many occasions RUSSEL WESTBROOK is JUST FLAT OUT BETTER than Derrick Rose.

The Twolves are just so incredibly incompetent it's both sad and incomparably hilarious at the same time. 
laugh.gif

K. Love is a god danm beast, and if he is not playing 36 minutes per game, it is a travesty beyond travesties.

and like I have said before on many occasions RUSSEL WESTBROOK is JUST FLAT OUT BETTER than Derrick Rose.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by CP1708

I don't actually worry about OKC having a big down low, I was sort of wishing they had a shooter.  Where's their James Jones/Korver/Mike Miller type dude?  They have one of those, and suddenly that paint gets a little easier for Durant and Westbrook to get into. 

And am I crazy for asking of Westbrook would be the best player on Memphis? 
nerd.gif

I thought thats why they had James Harden to be their shooter and scorer off the bench.
And naw, I wouldn't take him over the way Rudy is playing currently. I'm sure most people will agree anyway, so there's no point in arguing it. Maybe if we had more national TV games people could SEE why. Also, would Marc be the best big on the Thunder? How about Zach? And how about OJ being the best SG on the Thunder's roster? My pecking order would be: Durant, Gay, Westbrook, Marc and that's just naming two guys from each team.

Last season I probably would have though. Even if Westbrook replaced Conley on our team, his numbers would dip because we have two completely different offenses. We are not the same team at all on offense. Thunder like to get up and down the floor, while our team likes to pound it inside. One thing you never hear about is how clutch Rudy  and at times OJ. Because you never see them really. 
laugh.gif
 Rudy has been clutch almost throughout his entire career even when he didn't have everything else going for him. Made around 5 game winners as well, not counting the shots he's made within' the last few minutes of the game.

I don't see Westbrook being discipline enough to slow the ball down and throw it down low (working inside to the outside). 

I dont think OKC needs a scoring Big, they need a Marcus Camby. They need someone to clean up the boards and put ORebs back in the bucket. And Ibaka to do many of the same things. If they put Cole or Kristic in they become way to slow. If they can get a Camby clone they can actually become a running team and use their size and speed to dominate, as well as play half court defense and shoot jumpshots.
Id like for Jeff Green to come off the bench, but I think hes their only real piece to move.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I don't actually worry about OKC having a big down low, I was sort of wishing they had a shooter.  Where's their James Jones/Korver/Mike Miller type dude?  They have one of those, and suddenly that paint gets a little easier for Durant and Westbrook to get into. 

And am I crazy for asking of Westbrook would be the best player on Memphis? 
nerd.gif

I thought thats why they had James Harden to be their shooter and scorer off the bench.
And naw, I wouldn't take him over the way Rudy is playing currently. I'm sure most people will agree anyway, so there's no point in arguing it. Maybe if we had more national TV games people could SEE why. Also, would Marc be the best big on the Thunder? How about Zach? And how about OJ being the best SG on the Thunder's roster? My pecking order would be: Durant, Gay, Westbrook, Marc and that's just naming two guys from each team.

Last season I probably would have though. Even if Westbrook replaced Conley on our team, his numbers would dip because we have two completely different offenses. We are not the same team at all on offense. Thunder like to get up and down the floor, while our team likes to pound it inside. One thing you never hear about is how clutch Rudy  and at times OJ. Because you never see them really. 
laugh.gif
 Rudy has been clutch almost throughout his entire career even when he didn't have everything else going for him. Made around 5 game winners as well, not counting the shots he's made within' the last few minutes of the game.

I don't see Westbrook being discipline enough to slow the ball down and throw it down low (working inside to the outside). 

I dont think OKC needs a scoring Big, they need a Marcus Camby. They need someone to clean up the boards and put ORebs back in the bucket. And Ibaka to do many of the same things. If they put Cole or Kristic in they become way to slow. If they can get a Camby clone they can actually become a running team and use their size and speed to dominate, as well as play half court defense and shoot jumpshots.
Id like for Jeff Green to come off the bench, but I think hes their only real piece to move.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I'm a huge Jeff Green fan, but the Thunder won't be a contender with him starting at the 4.
They could win but it will be in spite of him. The Thunder really screwed up the 2007 draft.
i think the thunder can get away with it, with most teams.. since there aren't that many skilled big men these days..

but the thunder really need to be aggressive with some things.. the following should all be available:
jeff green
kristic (expiring contract)
thabo
collision (expiring contract)
mo pete (expiring contract)
cook (qualifying offer has to be made after this year)
eric maynor

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

I'm a huge Jeff Green fan, but the Thunder won't be a contender with him starting at the 4.
They could win but it will be in spite of him. The Thunder really screwed up the 2007 draft.
i think the thunder can get away with it, with most teams.. since there aren't that many skilled big men these days..

but the thunder really need to be aggressive with some things.. the following should all be available:
jeff green
kristic (expiring contract)
thabo
collision (expiring contract)
mo pete (expiring contract)
cook (qualifying offer has to be made after this year)
eric maynor

Is Kevin Love considered a game changing player with those type of numbers or just a stat filler?
Same thing with Brook Lopez....

Do these guys actually make their team better?

Is Kevin Love considered a game changing player with those type of numbers or just a stat filler?

laugh.gif
 you serious with that? Energy and hustle is what that guy brings. Anytime a player brings those things to a game, it is easily game-changing. 

laugh.gif
 you serious with that? Energy and hustle is what that guy brings. Anytime a player brings those things to a game, it is easily game-changing. 

Back
Top Bottom