Official 2011-2012 Dallas Mavericks Thread (31-26) Vol: Take a Hike Odom

Got ran out the gym tonight by the Heat. 
frown.gif

Great news, Kidd is out this week. I don't want to see him at all against Chris Paul or Mike Conley anyways, so that's awesome news, especially considering how well Delonte and Beaubois have played the past month or so sporadically. I'd rather take their off-and-on production than Kidd's always-off production. He was great last year during the Playoffs, but this schedule is kicking his %+%, and he's terrible. He still makes crisp passes every now and again, but his shots, shot-selection, and turnovers just kill it for me. Give me Delonte West starting any day. Tired of watching him get beat off the dribble, getting stuck and abused behind screens, and then bricking shots all night.

Interesting next ten days all-around for the 4-6 seeds. LAC plays Dallas, LAL, Sacramento twice, then Memphis and OKC. Dallas plays LAC, Memphis twice, and Portland, and Memphis plays OKC, Dallas twice, Miami, and LAC.
eek.gif

Whoever gets hot now will probably end up being the 4th seed. Memphis' latter half of April is relatively easy, while Dallas still has three back-to-backs after this upcoming test, and LAC seems to have the toughest remaining schedule.

Whoever set our schedule is a real ****, after having 5 games in 7 days, they have four days off till they're playing their season finale...
30t6p3b.gif
Absolutely ridiculous they couldn't have spread that out at all. Four games off in between games after 5 in 7? *$#%%+%+.

Offense sputtering, and defense struggling. We don't start hitting some shots, this is going to get into 30 point territory.

Lam Lam is done!!! Finally!!

http://espn.go.com/dallas...m-sever-ties-immediately

Lamar Odom's brief and bumpy ride with the Dallas Mavericks has come to an abrupt end.

The Mavericks and Odom spent Easter Sunday working out a parting, according to sources close to the situation, that frees the struggling Odom to leave the team immediately without actually being released.

"The Mavericks and I have mutually agreed that it's in the best interest of both parties for me to step away from the team," Odom said in a statement to ESPN.com. "I'm sorry that things didn't work out better for both of us, but I wish the Mavs' organization, my teammates and Dallas fans nothing but continued success in the defense of their championship."

Sources said Monday that Odom's departure will be immediate and that the Mavericks intend to simply list him as inactive for the rest of the season instead of outright releasing him, leaving open the possibility that they could still trade him after the season in conjunction with the draft. Any team that has Odom on its roster as of June 29 must buy him out by that date for $2.4 million or otherwise accept responsibility for the full $8.2 million that Odom is scheduled to earn in 2012-13.

What a disaster Odom has been, unbelievable...pathetic. What a weak minded guy, hope he never plays in the NBA again, he doesn't deserve it.

about time. dude was worthless. season almost over with and it doesn't look good for us. hope we pull through and start winning some games.

If Cuban had the footage of Lamar hugging and kissing his Laker jersey on Khloe and Lamar, would he still have made the trade?

Dude is a certified !$*++...

So the rotations for the Playoffs looking like...

Kidd/West
Vince/JET/Rodrigue
Shawn/Cardinal
Dirk/Wright
Wood/Ian.

Scoring is going to be real hard..
sick.gif
. Only three guys that can create their own shot, and only one of those guys actually still has his legs. Kidd better turn back the clock again if we want to smell the second round.
laugh.gif

I hate to do this, but thinking about next year, I'm just going to assume that Deron Williams does sign with the Mavericks, and I was just thinking about rotations for next year...

Deron/Roddy/DoJo
Vince/Kelenna
Shawn
Dirk/Wright
Wood/Ian

That leaves five roster spots, but I won't worry about that right now. I wonder how Haywood and Wright especially would work with Deron. Kidd isn't so great at facilitating for bigs anymore, so it'd be interesting to see how Deron can change things for guys like them. Wright is so goddamn gifted physically that anything can be thrown up for him. I just wish he'd be a little more demonstrative and bigger, but whatever. If he can get just a little more muscle to get to the Tyson Chandler level, that would be great. I didn't mind Tyson's technicals he picked up because it amped up the team, and I just wish Wright could do that, I feel like he'd get the team so much more involved. I really like him though, and he's great for the price. If we fail and don't get Dwight, I wouldn't like that, but I hope Wright could develop into a starter someday.

Chad Ford has us taking Tony Wroten Jr. with the 18th pick.

This was his analysys - "Analysis: The Mavs are going to have to start rebuilding this summer and could use some star power next to Dirk. Wroten has the ability to be one of the top five players in this draft if he matures and gets a passable jump shot. His size, scoring ability and court vision are NBA-caliber."

Thoughts?

Well we may not even have that draft pick this year, so whatever. We'll see. Either a Center or a Guard, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom