Official 2012 Boxing Thread: JMM/Manny IV - FOTY.

Originally Posted by Degenerate423

The worst part is that everyone is gonna forget by November and order the fight or buy tickets anyway.  This is me being wishful, but Pacquiao shouldn't take the rematch just like Marquez didn't, I think 
nerd.gif
just like were forgetting marquez got robbed
arum is milking this thing to the max

he's playing dat you lose some to gain some move.  maybe he's getting to old for this.

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Makes me glad I'm more into MMA because that was ridiculous.
So what do you call Shogun v Machida 1 and Rampage over Machida?

laugh.gif
They were pretty bad but I'm a Shogun stan so it's hard to really see that fight objectively. Machida vs. Rampage wasn't a title fight and it was a pretty close one to boot. There will always be bad scoring in the fight game but it's really hard to believe this fight wasn't rigged.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

So NT's very own Ben Baller has been saying all week on twitter that the fight would be fixed and he bet 5k on Bradley, which turned into 20k.

Real life is a trip.

$15k..Damb..

Originally Posted by damnTHOSEjs

Makes me glad I'm more into MMA because that was ridiculous.
So what do you call Shogun v Machida 1 and Rampage over Machida?

laugh.gif
They were pretty bad but I'm a Shogun stan so it's hard to really see that fight objectively. Machida vs. Rampage wasn't a title fight and it was a pretty close one to boot. There will always be bad scoring in the fight game but it's really hard to believe this fight wasn't rigged.
It's the last time I'll talk about MMA in this thread just to respect the boxing heads here:

I believe MMA is heading to where boxing is at this point. Purses are getting larger, sponsors are pumping more $...but I dont think it's as CORRUPT yet. I can't imagine the future where MMA fighters are pocketing $10,000,000 + without any fixed matches.

What MMA has is TERRIBLE judging and that's the blatant thing we're seeing at the moment.

Anyway, long night for everyone, sad day for boxing
tired.gif

AuFgW0YCMAAeMPF.jpg

Fight was fixed....Manny knew about it... that whole religious Manny thing was a sham...He's scared of Mayweather

Paq went from -450 to -385 before the fight cause of a rush of Bradley money...some people def knew..books still made loot tho

Not surprised if it was fixed, and I rarely use that as an excuse.

- Big daddy Bob plays the controversy card, Manny & Bradley see big paydays, Arum benefits

- Shuts Floyd out, Arum benefits

- Floyd is pretty much justified at this moment for wanting the bigger share, but Manny wins the rematch, the numbers are bigger for it, and we're right back to square one with 50/50

What's bugged me out the past few days is Bradley having that rematch poster/ticket made. I've NEVER seen that done in boxing...not even Floyd has been that creative, yet Timothy friggin' Bradley is?

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

What's bugged me out the past few days is Bradley having that rematch poster/ticket made. I've NEVER seen that done in boxing...not even Floyd has been that creative, yet Timothy friggin' Bradley is?
I should of knew something was up.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

So NT's very own Ben Baller has been saying all week on twitter that the fight would be fixed and he bet 5k on Bradley, which turned into 20k.

Real life is a trip.
At no point would anyone be able to bet 5K and turn it into 20k. Bradley was anywhere from +300 to +325.  His odds were never that high. Regardless, he won a ton of money if he put 5k on Bradley. 

ReTweet him to post a pic of his ticket......MM style!

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Not surprised if it was fixed, and I rarely use that as an excuse.

- Big daddy Bob plays the controversy card, Manny & Bradley see big paydays, Arum benefits

- Shuts Floyd out, Arum benefits

- Floyd is pretty much justified at this moment for wanting the bigger share, but Manny wins the rematch, the numbers are bigger for it, and we're right back to square one with 50/50

Pretty much feel the same way, no way Bradley made that thing on his own. I hope nobody buys Pac-Bradley 2 or goes to Vegas to see it. Anyone who pays for that fight is basically supporting a corrupt system, and in essence, allowing for these types of things to continue. If Pacquiao has a backbone he should say he doesn't want the rematch and ask for a competitive fight with someone else.

Floyd will always have the upper hand now because a much lesser known and lesser skilled fighter defeated Pac.

This screw job earns Arum one last big payday with Pac before he leaves TR and completely shuts out Floyd.
If the rematch comes out exactly how it did tonight, decision and all, then Top Rank is screwed. Bradley will never be the cash cow Pacquiao is and all Arum has done is taint Bradley's p4p credibility.

Originally Posted by Lightweight Champion

Floyd will always have the upper hand now because a much lesser known and lesser skilled fighter defeated Pac.

This screw job earns Arum one last big payday with Pac before he leaves TR and completely shuts out Floyd.
If the rematch comes out exactly how it did tonight, decision and all, then Top Rank is screwed. Bradley will never be the cash cow Pacquiao is and all Arum has done is taint Bradley's p4p credibility.

Does Pac actually only have 1 more fight with Top Rank? With Floyd incarcerated this summer, a potential Mayweather-Pacquiao fight wouldn't happen this year anyway, so if there's a Nov. 10 rematch I guess it'd just be a stay-busy fight w Bradley and maybe he could leave TR and set up the fight everyone actually wants to see.

But yea, this doesn't help Bradley's marketability at all. All people are going to think of when they hear his name is losing 10 rounds, and if they go through with that rematch, probably 20 rounds. 

Bob Arum and Floyd both won tonight. Floyd can forever duck Manny now if he chooses to, or if the fight ever happens, he's guaranteed himself 60/40 at least.

Manny's value just took a nosedive, and Top Rank will be able to sign him for much cheaper

Originally Posted by Battousai701

so who here thinks that bradley won (outside of the judges) and please explain how?
I don't think he won but i can see why the judges scored it the way they did .... people forget that the judges don't have commentary so there not influenced like we are ... we hear what the announcers are saying and are easily swayed towards one fighter ... and the 4 criteria for judging is Clean punching, Effective Aggression, Ring Generalship and Defense .... i think the judges saw that Bradley was coming forward a lot and thought he was winning the fight ..... either way Manny was still landing cleaner shots ... i think Manny won it but with all boxing matches stranger things have happened ...  Still a bull *!!+ robbery 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom