OFFICIAL 2012 LOS ANGELES DODGERS THREAD : 68-58 Dodgers/BoSox complete minimal trade

Im excited for the trade, I'm not a huge fan of it and personally it's another sign that Colletti can't help himself when it comes to giving up prospects.

We're taking on two bad contracts in Crawford and Beckett, we are taking on a cancer (Beckett), the Red Sox will now be able to rebuild.

Taking on all that money I would've been ok with Loney, DeJesus, Sands and De La Rosa/Webster. Giving up BOTH De La Rosa and Webster. :smh: Colletti at his finest.

Unfortunately not a lot of people will notice the gaffe until De La Rosa and Webster are integral parts of the Red Sox rotation.

The competitive balance tax is rearing its ugly head, but I'm sure the Dodgers will find small market teams to dump bad contracts just like the Yanks (Burnett/Pirates).

So glad Loney isn't our first basemen, he actually has a chance to be good if he learns how to pull the ball in Boston. I just don't get Loney, and I'm tired of figuring him out, I think Donnie tried to be patient with him, but even he couldn't hide his frustration at times. Has the tools, unfortunately they are in a toolbox he is unable to open.

Sands, just never saw it with him, always saw him as a solid 4th outfielder. DeJesus had his chances, utility player at best.

De La Rosa and Webster are going to sting, not now but in the future. ******g Colletti. :smh:

So what about this offseason? Greinke still a possibility?

I know it's tough trading pitching prospects but if this ownership cops a Greinke in free agency then that's fine with me. Colletti got his sugar daddy. There's no bats among the '13 free agent class either.

so who made the trade ned or the new owners? i mean when we got Hanely yall said it was the other guys in the front office then we make this trade and you want to say ned's hands where all over it

i think we can tell in the offseason who did these trades if ned is fired or not. i got know problems with this trade cause we still kept are best pitching prospect. you cant tell me we all wouldnt have been pissed if not given up webster and De La Rosa messed up the trade

Ownership green lights, but ultimately stays out of deals. They green lit taking on what was owed to Hanley, hence why ownership was given credit. Hanley would be rocking an A's uniform if it wasn't for the Dodgers taking on his entire salary. Oakland was only willing to take on half, but had a better package of prospects. Evidently, Miami really cared more about salary relief and took the Dodger deal.

This was a bit more complicated with the Red Sox wanting salary relief and prospects of value. I think Ned gave up too much, which is always his MO. The only thing that stings is giving up both Webster and Rubby. Deal would've been fine with one and worked with both sides, however this is always Ned's way of saying "Let me put a mint on your pillow".

This team has the backing of ownership, it just needs a shrewd and savvy GM. Ned Colletti always gets outplayed at the pocker table, and somehow manages to get fleeced in every trade.

From Nick Punto's twitter

#dodgers doing it first class! pic.twitter.com/DRPr2HH7

Not a Dodgers fan but I honestly wouldn't mind them coming out of the NL West and NL as a whole. Big Matty Kemp guy.

For AL: My first choice is Texas. Tampa second.

Victorino LF
Ellis 2B
Kemp CF
Gonzalez 1B
Ramirez SS
Ethier RF
Cruz 3B
Ellis C
Kershaw P

:pimp: :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom