Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

What would Portland do if they won the lottery?

You have a 26-year old Lamarcus Aldridge. Unless you want to blow EVERYTHING up like Chester said, some might wonder if they'll take MKG. I'm always one that says "talent over need" so I would still take Davis, but who knows. Wesley Matthews is signed through 2014-2015 making almost 7 million a year by the end of it
eek.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

They would take Davis, considering any other outcome is  waste of time, everyone knows the score. You get Anthony Davis and you get relevancy for the next 10 years minimum.

Tony Wroten leaving is a Josh Selby situation part 2. He definitely isn't ready.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Tony Wroten leaving is a Josh Selby situation part 2. He definitely isn't ready.

Wroten is (probably) going to be a 1st rounder.. Selby got drafted in the 2nd round. Wroten is a 6'5 PG (albeit not a great one). Selby was a 6'2 Combo Guard... Can you explain how this is Josh Selby part 2?

Originally Posted by Caerus

Teague
pimp.gif
improved better than any player this season as the year progressed. First round?
your joking right?

kid is bottom 2nd round talent at best. straight buns.

Originally Posted by Put em up

Teague
pimp.gif
improved better than any player this season as the year progressed. First round?
your joking right?

yep. His shot is flat and he doesn't really stand out at anything. He'll get drafted but ride the pine in the NBA for a while.   

Originally Posted by CP1708

Cal this morning said he thinks Davis is a 3/4 at the next level.  He can't possibly be a SF.  4 I get, but a SF? 
ohwell.gif

He's already goin #1 Cal, relax with the extra hype dude. 
laugh.gif

He's perfect at the PF.
If Flip Saunders was coaching him, he'd definitely have him at the top of his zone (like KG/Minny days).

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Can Griner declare?

laugh.gif
,probably the most dominant female player I've ever seen. Straight incredible what Baylor did,40-0 
eek.gif

Not related to the nba draft really but Gerald Green is finally ballin out!!
If it ain't related to the draft why the hell would you post it in this thread?

Only a matter of time before that UConn trio makes it official.  Damn shame.

Trio?... Lamb, Drummond and ? Please don't say Napier is throwing his name in the draft.

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Originally Posted by JPZx

They would take Davis, considering any other outcome is  waste of time, everyone knows the score. You get Anthony Davis and you get relevancy for the next 10 years minimum.

I would go for the wing prospect this time based on their history.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Wroten is (probably) going to be a 1st rounder.. Selby got drafted in the 2nd round. Wroten is a 6'5 PG (albeit not a great one). Selby was a 6'2 Combo Guard... Can you explain how this is Josh Selby part 2?

Both would have seen their stock raise, been on better teams and put up numbers if they just stayed one more year. I'm not saying he'll go full-Selby and drop to almost undrafted, but I think he'll go at the beginning of the 2nd, which is way farther back than he'd go next year.

Teague
pimp.gif
your joking right?

Shut up. First off I asked it as a question because that's what some mocks have him in. Straight buns? He was a freshman that was a huge part in leading his squad to the championship. He has very good potential, i honestly feel some of you just read about players and don't even watch them. He played great yesterday. 1st round IMO. He's improved vastly throughout the season.

Teague
pimp.gif
your joking right?

Shut up. First off I asked it as a question because that's what some mocks have him in. Straight buns? He was a freshman that was a huge part in leading his squad to the championship. He has very good potential, i honestly feel some of you just read about players and don't even watch them. He played great yesterday. 1st round IMO. He's improved vastly throughout the season.

He really played a great game yesterday and has been so improved over the last half of the year. Don't listen to this idiot.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Both would have seen their stock raise, been on better teams and put up numbers if they just stayed one more year. I'm not saying he'll go full-Selby and drop to almost undrafted, but I think he'll go at the beginning of the 2nd, which is way farther back than he'd go next year.
I wouldn't say Tony Wroten is Josh Selby situation Part 2 but it's close. There's still doubt that he doesn't have a great jumper and he'll play PG when he gets to NBA but his assist to turnover ratio is far from being impressive. Also, Tony rarely attacks from right and some says because he's so dominant from left side, he doesn't need to do that in college level but he'll have to show them otherwise in pro. 
Tony could've (and actually should've) use another year in UW but if he's lock for 1st rounder, I can't fault him for leaving. Plus, I am not going to be surprised that if part of his decision had to do with what he had to endure from 'fans' in the city. This kid went through so much from fans and local media all year long and it was so undeserving. I really thought if he stayed another year or two, he could've become an instant fan favorite because he is really fun to watch but some of things he had to hear daily basis were simply too much not just for 19 year old kid but for anyone. Can't really blame him. Go get that money, son. 

Yo I've watched that clown play all year. Hes The worst pg cals had in 4 years, straight as. Yea he got better over the year but the fact you even considered him to be in the first round speaks volumes of what you know about basketball. But carry on grasshopper.

I still can't believe he was the #1pg in his class
30t6p3b.gif

Worst pg Cal's had in 4 years? Not really a detriment seeing as who Cal has had at pg the past 4 years
laugh.gif
. Dude is a solid guard,probably a high 2nd rounder. He's not straight "buns" like some of you are saying.

^ Exactly what I'm saying. I was very critical of Teague early on. But he has impressed me and many as the year went on. Do I think another year in school would help? Hell yeah! but hey, if he want's to leave and he's hearing the right things then go ahead.

Back
Top Bottom