Official 2012 NBA Draft Thread

Originally Posted by Caerus

Yeah, I see Marshall having a Marcus Williams type career in the league. Unless he drastically improves his game, he'a gonna be a journeymen. Who knows tho...
Marcus Williams lasted like 3.5 seasons in the NBA, is that really a journeyman or just a guy who had a stint in the NBA and then fizzled out to international ball
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

a journeyman would be like Joe Smith
laugh.gif
or even Ron Artest

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Yeah, I see Marshall having a Marcus Williams type career in the league.

marcus williams had NO type of nba career
laugh.gif

Yea seriously lol, dude played like ten games on golden state..,,i do agree their similar but marshall is a class or two above

It's gonna be Barnes to Cle on draft day... Front office wanted him badly last draft, but he decided to stay.

Just by reading some Cavs draft articles I will very surprised if they don't get him.

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

It's gonna be Barnes to Cle on draft day... Front office wanted him badly last draft, but he decided to stay.

Just by reading some Cavs draft articles I will very surprised if they don't get him.

He's an athletic Freak!
Plus him and Kyrie are really good friends. It only makes sense. My only wish is if we can possibly trade the #24 and 33, and 34 to get to like 12-15 somehow.

Or if Portland somehow gives up their #6 and #11 for our #4 and #24 - and somehow we still land Barnes at 6 assuming Blazers take T-Rob and Sac takes Drummond.

I know his height and wingspan might make it deceptive, but I feel like there's no way I can jump higher than John Henson.

And he didn't run? Guessing there is some kind of injury there.

I feel like Barnes doesn't use any of that athleticism in games tho.

Meanwhile, the Kings might be interested in moving their pick for a big man if Connecticut center Andre Drummond doesn’t drop to them at No. 5, says a source. “They have enough perimeter guys,

2 things in that combine post suprise me?

Terrence Jones came in last in the lane quickness drill

Tyshawn Taylor couldn't rep the bench one time

I think overall the combine can be a tricky assessment of talent. It just boosted up the stock for guys like Austin Rivers, but take a look at Kevin Durant's combine #s.

He couldn't bench 185 once. 33.5'' vert, while Oden had 34". Standing vertical of 26" compared to 32" for Oden. He was also very unimpressive in all his sprints, one of which Oden also performed better than him.

And how'd that turn out for the Sonics?

Originally Posted by FinallyFamous

Did T-Rob bench? Dude had to be the leader

Josh Owens (Stanford) had most, 21.

Just looking at some past combines, Joe Alexander did 24 back in 08
eek.gif
laugh.gif
. That didn't turn out well.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Yeah, I see Marshall having a Marcus Williams type career in the league.

marcus williams had NO type of nba career
laugh.gif
He had potential too... Showed some flashes when he played with NJ. Heart & work ethic seemed to play a big role though.

Not sure what will come of Marshall, but I know Barnes will end up doing damage.

Wow the UNC play by play is on local Sacto sports talk radio, and claimed that Harrison Barnes has the highest bust potential.

Dude is a hater
laugh.gif

Minnesota need to draft Terrance Jones, don't know if he slips to 18, though. We need fill that much need 2 spot on our squad.. if we can get him, I see playoffs in this upcoming season
pimp.gif

Those numbers mean nothing for Barnes. Kid is barely physical at all.

Same thing a few years back with Henderson and Ellington. Their whole careers Gerald was the athlete and Ellington was the shooter. At the combine Ellington tested out as the better athlete, but he clearly doesn't play like it.

Originally Posted by Carver

Minnesota need to draft Terrance Jones, don't know if he slips to 18, though. We need fill that much need 2 spot on our squad.. if we can get him, I see playoffs in this upcoming season
pimp.gif

Terrance Jones as your 2-guard....I see you don't watch basketball too much huh?

Back
Top Bottom