Official 2012 NBA Trade Deadline Thread: The Dwightmare is Over.

Dwightmare
laugh.gif

San Antonio, Indiana and the Lakers all won.

I definitely think that Jax lost his motivation in Milwaukee, but playing for Pop where he won a ring. Had me gassed....I thought he was gonna be a second or third option in Milwaukee playing under Skiles. Regardless, Pop should be able to get the most from him and he has enough toughness t defend the wing.

Barbosa to the Pacers was a helluva steal. That team will give someone the fits in the playoffs.....the depth is scary and Vogel has those guys playing well.

I like Sessions and he should be a great addition to the Lakers. The man can ball and they finally have a PG.

Deron goes home to Dallas, the Nets are screwed.

Originally Posted by 4318MichaelJohnson4318

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Addict4Sneakers

anytime you can get rid of a 36 year old starter that averaged 6ppg, 3 apg along w/ being torched on a nightly basis, you've improved.

i hate the lakers. i'll miss you D fish

QFT.... all my Lakers fan friends on FB all butt hurt cuz they lost D Fish.... dude is gonna get bought out and return to LA anyways
nerd.gif

idk...

11avbc8.jpg
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by geoff2005

i think lakers did well on session but im not too sure about getting rid of fish for cap space
It's ok, Fisher will be back on the Lakers within the next two weeks.

I don't see Deron leaving. Them with Crash will be a real solid team especially once they pick up another piece or two in the offseason and Lopez gets healthy. He'd be a hero out there in Brooklyn. Plus Dwight wouldnt be able to come to Dallas for another year anyway, and all he'd be left with in Dallas is a bunch of guys on the downside of their careers. If Dirks legs were failing him now, I can't imagine how they'll be 3-4 years from now. Brooklyn is a lot more attractive at the moment than Dallas after Dwight opted in for another year.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

i think lakers did well on session but im not too sure about getting rid of fish for cap space
That's against the rules now.

I'm not sure that's true.  I thought I read a tweet today that, under the new CBA, the Lakers couldn't sign Fisher again until the offseason.  I could be wrong though.

Ah well, he'll become an "assistant coach" for the Lakers instead. Then in the playoffs, when Bynum goes down, Fisher
will tear his suit off, showing his uniform to a standing ovation to save the day.

What pieces are they going to add in the offseason Buc Em? The guy is gone and they're going to be left with nothing.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

I don't see Deron leaving. Them with Crash will be a real solid team especially once they pick up another piece or two in the offseason and Lopez gets healthy. He'd be a hero out there in Brooklyn. Plus Dwight wouldnt be able to come to Dallas for another year anyway, and all he'd be left with in Dallas is a bunch of guys on the downside of their careers. If Dirks legs were failing him now, I can't imagine how they'll be 3-4 years from now. Brooklyn is a lot more attractive at the moment than Dallas after Dwight opted in for another year.
Off the top of my head, there's no marquee FA's this offseason. So they'll be throwing money at guys that aren't good. Brook sucks. The Nets don't have a good GM. Dallas is his home. They got Dirk and an owner that's smart and willing to spend.......why the hell would he want to stay in BK?

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Is this true? Can it happen? 
nerd.gif

Fish can't sign with LAL until July if he gets bought out. Obviously disappointing the Rockets couldn't pull off a bigger deal, but keep in mind they had Pau until Stern nixed it. As airmax said some pages ago, Thabeet and Flynn are hopeless. Camby even at 36 years old is a better backup C than Jordan Hill ever will be. I think Dwight signing his ETO thing really closed the deal on crazier deals that could have happened. Oh well.

I will go back and read but quickly I wanted to say that the Wallace deal was the worst of the day. Nets are horrible.

Originally Posted by Wongtouski

Off the top of my head, there's no marquee FA's this offseason. So they'll be throwing money at guys that aren't good. Brook sucks. The Nets don't have a good GM. Dallas is his home. They got Dirk and an owner that's smart and willing to spend.......why the hell would he want to stay in BK?
Deron and Dwight should be trying to team up in Dallas with Dirk.  It's their only realistic chance at becoming the favorites to win the championship in my opinion.  What nickname could you come up with for three names with a D?

Nope, I believe, correct me if I am wrong, if your squad buys him out, the earliest he can return to the Lakers would be July. 

Eh, Deron has given no indication that he's leaving or wants to leave (if he has please post links). He's made more money here than Utah with opportunities to make even more. I think Deron just wants to see the Nets act or try to get some pieces next to him without rebuilding through picks. Those picks could take time to grow, Deron isn't interested in that. And as a Nets fan I don't want that either. The Nets are trying to win now. As for Dallas, I'm not too concerned. When was the last time they got a big name player in his prime? And as for the hometown stuff, when was the last time a player went home and was actually successful?

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Eh, Deron has given no indication that he's leaving or wants to leave (if he has please post links). He's made more money here than Utah with opportunities to make even more. I think Deron just wants to see the Nets act or try to get some pieces next to him without rebuilding through picks. Those picks could take time to grow, Deron isn't interested in that. And as a Nets fan I don't want that either. The Nets are trying to win now. As for Dallas, I'm not too concerned. When was the last time they got a big name player in his prime? And as for the hometown stuff, when was the last time a player went home and was actually successful?

Fact is you may have just mortgaged your future for a team that is nowhere near a championship contender.  Why do people think the Nets can take all these shortcuts and actually go to the top?  I don't know if Brooklyn is really that attractive to every big free agent and there's not much out there.  This draft is very deep and I think it's incorrect to think there is not a player in the top 10 of the draft that can contribute at a pretty high level right away.  If someone like Kidd-Gilchrist falls to 4 and you skipped out on that pick you will HIGHLY regret it.  He may be a younger, POSSIBLY better version of Wallace. 

I have more trust in Donnie Nelson and Mark Cuban than Billy King.

Plus the East is seemingly Miami and Chicago's conference for the next four to five years.

Kind of upset my Bulls didn't make a move on anybody but then again we don't really have anybody we'd want to lose at this point, even Black Ice. As a unit, we play well. Guess it wasn't any sense to bring in another dude and ship one out "mid" season

Back
Top Bottom