Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

I know this is veering into the dark wish to be forgotten past, but this is deplorable:

http://www.sbnation.com/n...lliams-giants-concussion

As Benjamin Wallace-Wells noticed at New York Magazine, the Giants said they targeted Williams with big hits all game long because of his past concussions. In the rush to wring our hands over what happened to Kyle Williams, we might have missed what really happened.

Devin Thomas, the Giants' special-teamer who recovered Williams' first fumble, told the Newark Star-Ledger, "He’s had a lot of concussions. We were just like, ‘We gotta put a hit on that guy.’ ... [Giants safety Tyler] Sash did a great job hitting him early and he looked kind of dazed when he got up. I feel like that made a difference and he coughed it up."

Jaquian Williams, the Giants cornerback who forced Williams' second fumble, said afterward, "We knew he had four concussions, so that was our biggest thing, was to take him outta the game."
This is disgusting.  What a classless organization. The truly better team didn't win. I know that football is a full contact sport and you do whatever it takes to win, but there is no "football justification" for those motives. It's not an excuse, we lost, but that is sickening knowing that players possess that mentality in this sport.

I know this is veering into the dark wish to be forgotten past, but this is deplorable:

As Benjamin Wallace-Wells noticed at New York Magazine, the Giants said they targeted Williams with big hits all game long because of his past concussions. In the rush to wring our hands over what happened to Kyle Williams, we might have missed what really happened.

Devin Thomas, the Giants' special-teamer who recovered Williams' first fumble, told the Newark Star-Ledger, "He’s had a lot of concussions. We were just like, ‘We gotta put a hit on that guy.’ ... [Giants safety Tyler] Sash did a great job hitting him early and he looked kind of dazed when he got up. I feel like that made a difference and he coughed it up."

Jaquian Williams, the Giants cornerback who forced Williams' second fumble, said afterward, "We knew he had four concussions, so that was our biggest thing, was to take him outta the game."
This is disgusting.  What a classless organization. The truly better team didn't win. I know that football is a full contact sport and you do whatever it takes to win, but there is no "football justification" for those motives. It's not an excuse, we lost, but that is sickening knowing that players possess that mentality in this sport.

Originally Posted by glasses

dude just stop. quit being salty and still looking for excuses. the better team that day won.
maybe if alex smith didnt go 3 and out on two consecutive drives to win the game we would have won.

dude just stop. quit being salty and still looking for excuses. the better team that day won.
maybe if alex smith didnt go 3 and out on two consecutive drives to win the game we would have won.

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

NFL Network - Kurt Warner says Peyton to the 49ers

NBC Sports - Manning to 49ers could be tricky

NFLSoup.com - Peyton Manning's Top 5 Potential Suitors

birdman-rubbing-hands.gif
PLEASE make this happen....

I said it's not an excuse. It wasn't about losing, it was about their classless organization and coaching staff ordering their players to incur possibly eternal brain damage just for the sake of winning

* I don't know why I waste my time and dignify your useless posts anymore

I said it's not an excuse. It wasn't about losing, it was about their classless organization and coaching staff ordering their players to incur possibly eternal brain damage just for the sake of winning

quit being a poor sport and a zodogg. the only one being classless is you.

quit being a poor sport and a zodogg. the only one being classless is you.

if payton is cut i say its a no brainer that we pick him up, it would make it more attractive to the free agent receivers as well

if payton is cut i say its a no brainer that we pick him up, it would make it more attractive to the free agent receivers as well

Originally Posted by dland24

I heard Aldon Smith called Kyle Williams to be his designated driver, but the call was dropped. -Michael Erler, cbssports

30t6p3b.gif

Wow
laugh.gif
the first time I can laugh and not cry when his name is mentioned.

Peyton is only attractive to me as a free agent and I agree it would def make us an even bigger free agent market with
his acquisition
pimp.gif

I heard Aldon Smith called Kyle Williams to be his designated driver, but the call was dropped. -Michael Erler, cbssports

30t6p3b.gif

Wow
laugh.gif
the first time I can laugh and not cry when his name is mentioned.

Peyton is only attractive to me as a free agent and I agree it would def make us an even bigger free agent market with
his acquisition
pimp.gif

Today was supposed to be the best day ever.
smile.gif

Came here to say this... hurts seeing me girl in her pats gearWe had a really good chamce against the pats also... Well next year Peyton will be even more determined to dethrone the both of the QB's

Back
Top Bottom