Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

;( damn what a painful loss.Great season though. Excited about niner football once againSo much good came from this season

;( damn what a painful loss.Great season though. Excited about niner football once againSo much good came from this season

Sup guys.

It still hurts, but you gotta be excited for what this team has in store next season.

Can Alex be that guy?

Will the 9ers go after a top WR?

Sup guys.

It still hurts, but you gotta be excited for what this team has in store next season.

Can Alex be that guy?

Will the 9ers go after a top WR?

Alex Smith is NOT that guy. And i've been sayiing that since he got drafted...if he's a niner for another year, get ready for another disappointment.

Alex Smith is NOT that guy. And i've been sayiing that since he got drafted...if he's a niner for another year, get ready for another disappointment.

The best thing to do now would be to cut/release Kyle Williams from the team.  Let's be honest here, he won't be able to live that game down in the city for the rest of his football career no matter how well he pans out from this point forward.  Williams will be known as the Bill Buckner of football in San Francisco for a very long time.  It's really in both parties interest, especially for Kyle and his family just to part ways at this point from the team and the city.

The best thing to do now would be to cut/release Kyle Williams from the team.  Let's be honest here, he won't be able to live that game down in the city for the rest of his football career no matter how well he pans out from this point forward.  Williams will be known as the Bill Buckner of football in San Francisco for a very long time.  It's really in both parties interest, especially for Kyle and his family just to part ways at this point from the team and the city.

Nah, don't cut Williams. Gore/Davis/Williams/Ginn/Crabtree/Walker/Hunter all stay. As far as talent goes, we have a top tier offense. But how are they going to flourish if the ball doesn't get to them consistently?

We need to trade for Peyton Manning. If we get Manning we win 2 out of the next 3 Super Bowls. I'm sure Harbaugh still has front office ties to the Colts, he can make it happen.

Montana + Walsh to Young + Seifert to Manning + Harbaugh = Dynasty.

Nah, don't cut Williams. Gore/Davis/Williams/Ginn/Crabtree/Walker/Hunter all stay. As far as talent goes, we have a top tier offense. But how are they going to flourish if the ball doesn't get to them consistently?

We need to trade for Peyton Manning. If we get Manning we win 2 out of the next 3 Super Bowls. I'm sure Harbaugh still has front office ties to the Colts, he can make it happen.

Originally Posted by erupt107th

Now 9ers know how us saints fans feel. We definitely didn't get beat, we beat ourselves.

5 TOs. 2 on punts
30t6p3b.gif
We should have won that game by 14+.

Hope we see y'all in the playoffs next year.

child, please...the saints defense made alex smith look like young/montana

Originally Posted by erupt107th

Now 9ers know how us saints fans feel. We definitely didn't get beat, we beat ourselves.

5 TOs. 2 on punts
30t6p3b.gif
We should have won that game by 14+.

Hope we see y'all in the playoffs next year.

child, please...the saints defense made alex smith look like young/montana

Originally Posted by Deuce King

His confidence is down and it's our best interest to get rid of him before the start of next season. He's still young and the backlash will be even worst if he comes back in red. Look at Roger Craig, one of the all-time greats yet after that fumble he was gone. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

His confidence is down and it's our best interest to get rid of him before the start of next season. He's still young and the backlash will be even worst if he comes back in red. Look at Roger Craig, one of the all-time greats yet after that fumble he was gone. 

I had to take a few days off from all talk radio, espn and message boards. Feeling a little better now.

I don't think they should cut Williams. If they decided not to bring him back, I hope it would be because they don't see him becoming a nice weapon on offense, not because off of his performance as a back-up returner in the biggest game of his young career. He failed, but I think it would be stupid to get rid of a young receiver, we're already lacking offensive weapons.

I hate that we lost the way we did mainly because it takes the blame away from the real culprits. The passing game and play calling down the stretch was absolutely horrendous. The thing that kills me is I can't decide who to blame. Is it because of our receivers not getting open and/or just flat out being bums, or does it all fall on Alex Smith just not finding the right guys at the rt time? Even if we go out and get another wr, would that make a difference if he's still the qb? I don't see Alex ever being able to "throw guys open" on a consistent basis. I think we can win with him-mainly because our defense is amazing- but our play calling and threats on the outside have to improve.

This team has a really bright future...excellent young defense, great coaching staff and it looks like the front office finally has some stability. Still a great time to be a 9er fan.

I had to take a few days off from all talk radio, espn and message boards. Feeling a little better now.

I don't think they should cut Williams. If they decided not to bring him back, I hope it would be because they don't see him becoming a nice weapon on offense, not because off of his performance as a back-up returner in the biggest game of his young career. He failed, but I think it would be stupid to get rid of a young receiver, we're already lacking offensive weapons.

I hate that we lost the way we did mainly because it takes the blame away from the real culprits. The passing game and play calling down the stretch was absolutely horrendous. The thing that kills me is I can't decide who to blame. Is it because of our receivers not getting open and/or just flat out being bums, or does it all fall on Alex Smith just not finding the right guys at the rt time? Even if we go out and get another wr, would that make a difference if he's still the qb? I don't see Alex ever being able to "throw guys open" on a consistent basis. I think we can win with him-mainly because our defense is amazing- but our play calling and threats on the outside have to improve.

This team has a really bright future...excellent young defense, great coaching staff and it looks like the front office finally has some stability. Still a great time to be a 9er fan.

Originally Posted by ToneLow

Sign Peyton Manning. Win a Superbowl.

Originally Posted by ToneLow

Sign Peyton Manning. Win a Superbowl.

Originally Posted by xx Name Brand xx

Bro, you need to relax...

Originally Posted by NikeTalker23

this cannot be cereal.

Back
Top Bottom