Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

I know many have said this before, but:

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE LAST CHANCE FOR ALEX SMITH.

What he did last year was not enough. If we dont see substantial improvement next season, he needs to be cut. Straight up. Im sick and tired of having a s*** offense. Im tired of Frank Gore (or whoever moving forward) having to run against a stacked box. Im tired of seeing a WR not thrown to when he is considered "NFL open." Im tired of having no faith in picking up a 1st down, when it is 3rd and anything further than 8 yards. Im tired of watching our punter and field goal kicker spend more time on the field than any other player in the league at the same position. Im tired of constant three and outs. Im tired of having to make statements like "if we had a better quarterback, we would _____."

Alex is our QB. I am ok with it. But I want more production out of that position. Not turning the ball over, is NOT enough anymore. We have the coaching, scheme, defense, special teams (although we need a KR) and running game to win the Superbowl. We need more production out of our QB. If thats Alex, GREAT!! If not, its time to move on.

What he did last year was not enough. If we dont see substantial improvement next season, he needs to be cut. Straight up. Im sick and tired of having a s*** offense. Im tired of Frank Gore (or whoever moving forward) having to run against a stacked box. Im tired of seeing a WR not thrown to when he is considered "NFL open." Im tired of having no faith in picking up a 1st down, when it is 3rd and anything further than 8 yards. Im tired of watching our punter and field goal kicker spend more time on the field than any other player in the league at the same position. Im tired of constant three and outs. Im tired of having to make statements like "if we had a better quarterback, we would _____."

Alex is our QB. I am ok with it. But I want more production out of that position. Not turning the ball over, is NOT enough anymore. We have the coaching, scheme, defense, special teams (although we need a KR) and running game to win the Superbowl. We need more production out of our QB. If thats Alex, GREAT!! If not, its time to move on.

This will be the first time he doesn't have to deal with a new OC after one season. All the excuses are out the window now- he has to perform.

This will be the first time he doesn't have to deal with a new OC after one season. All the excuses are out the window now- he has to perform.

Originally Posted by dland24

QFT. I trust Harbaugh in everything he does with this franchise. I'll roll with whatever he does. 
acidicality wrote:
This will be the first time he doesn't have to deal with a new OC after one season.  

Jimmy_Raye_Approval_Rating.jpg

QFT. I trust Harbaugh in everything he does with this franchise. I'll roll with whatever he does. 
acidicality wrote:
This will be the first time he doesn't have to deal with a new OC after one season.  

Jimmy_Raye_Approval_Rating.jpg

Originally Posted by acidicality

This is completely incorrect.

This is completely a response typical of smart $#@@$. He's had to deal with a different OC every year he's been in the league, until now. Happy now?
laugh.gif

This is completely a response typical of smart $#@@$. He's had to deal with a different OC every year he's been in the league, until now. Happy now?
laugh.gif

So are we done in free agency? Any word if we'll resign Ginn? I'd like to keep him as long as it keeps Kyle Williams FAR FAR away from punt return duty.

So are we done in free agency? Any word if we'll resign Ginn? I'd like to keep him as long as it keeps Kyle Williams FAR FAR away from punt return duty.

laugh.gif
Calling me a smart $*# because you made an incorrect statement? 
laugh.gif
  Come on bro.

An no, I am not happy now......because your statement is STILL incorrect.

laugh.gif
Calling me a smart $*# because you made an incorrect statement? 
laugh.gif
  Come on bro.

An no, I am not happy now......because your statement is STILL incorrect.

Back
Top Bottom