Official 2012 San Francisco 49ers Offseason Thread

Harbaugh has said the QB doesn't really reach his peak in this system until their 3rd year or so. Now that they have a couple more weapons on offense with Mario & Moss, I'm looking forward to Harbaugh & Roman opening it up a little bit more. They had to take a look at Peyton, there wasn't any other realistic choices for QB other than him so, I'm happy they resigned Alex. His teammates love him and if they support him, us fans need to also.

The difference between Alex last year and his first 6 seasons in the league was confidence. I just hope all of what happened with Peyton didn't destroy any of that. If not, I think we will see Alex improve on what he did last year. No denying that this 49ers team is very good and a Super Bowl contender with Alex at the helm. We saw that last year.

I never really liked Randy Moss, so I was a little optimistic about that signing. But if it's a motivated Randy, watch out. Dude still has a lot of football left in him. Crabtree, Manningham, Moss w/Vernon & Delanie? I can't wait to see how Alex does with this offense, I really think Alex will impress. I'm calling 25TD 9INT w/3800 yards.
pimp.gif

Go Niners!!
pimp.gif

Harbaugh has said the QB doesn't really reach his peak in this system until their 3rd year or so. Now that they have a couple more weapons on offense with Mario & Moss, I'm looking forward to Harbaugh & Roman opening it up a little bit more. They had to take a look at Peyton, there wasn't any other realistic choices for QB other than him so, I'm happy they resigned Alex. His teammates love him and if they support him, us fans need to also.

The difference between Alex last year and his first 6 seasons in the league was confidence. I just hope all of what happened with Peyton didn't destroy any of that. If not, I think we will see Alex improve on what he did last year. No denying that this 49ers team is very good and a Super Bowl contender with Alex at the helm. We saw that last year.

I never really liked Randy Moss, so I was a little optimistic about that signing. But if it's a motivated Randy, watch out. Dude still has a lot of football left in him. Crabtree, Manningham, Moss w/Vernon & Delanie? I can't wait to see how Alex does with this offense, I really think Alex will impress. I'm calling 25TD 9INT w/3800 yards.
pimp.gif

Go Niners!!
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JordanXI45

pimp.gif

Go Niners!!
pimp.gif
See, that is my biggest problem with Alex and people who fully support him.  Its almost as if people have forgotten what a good QB looks like these days.

You say Alex will "impress" with a statline of 25 TDs and 3800 yards?  Thats not impressive, especially in todays NFL.  The standards for QB play have gotten so low around these parts, people actually consider Alex's 2011 season a good year. 

I am with you though.  I hope Alex improves.  Because IMO, if he doesnt show exponential improvement in 2012, we need to roll with Kaepernick in 2013.

pimp.gif

Go Niners!!
pimp.gif
See, that is my biggest problem with Alex and people who fully support him.  Its almost as if people have forgotten what a good QB looks like these days.

You say Alex will "impress" with a statline of 25 TDs and 3800 yards?  Thats not impressive, especially in todays NFL.  The standards for QB play have gotten so low around these parts, people actually consider Alex's 2011 season a good year. 

I am with you though.  I hope Alex improves.  Because IMO, if he doesnt show exponential improvement in 2012, we need to roll with Kaepernick in 2013.

I agree with you dland. I don't think 25/9 & 3,800 yards is elite by any measure, I just think those are realistic numbers for Alex. IMO with our Defense, Special Teams & Gore/Hunter in the backfield + those kind of numbers from Alex, the 49ers will contend for a Super Bowl until a better option is available at QB. Doesn't sound so bad to me
laugh.gif

I agree with you dland. I don't think 25/9 & 3,800 yards is elite by any measure, I just think those are realistic numbers for Alex. IMO with our Defense, Special Teams & Gore/Hunter in the backfield + those kind of numbers from Alex, the 49ers will contend for a Super Bowl until a better option is available at QB. Doesn't sound so bad to me
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

beer-cheers.jpg

laugh.gif

beer-cheers.jpg

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by acidicality

This is completely incorrect.

This is completely a response typical of smart $#@@$. He's had to deal with a different OC every year he's been in the league, until now. Happy now?
laugh.gif
Calling me a smart $*# because you made an incorrect statement? 
laugh.gif
  Come on bro.

An no, I am not happy now......because your statement is STILL incorrect.

05-McCarthy
06-Turner
07-Hostler
08-Martz
09-Raye
10-Raye/Johnson
11-Roman

That's different OC's every year he's been in the NFL so far...sure you may be technically right since Raye was fired early in the season in 2010, but my original point remains. He will likely have his first year of guaranteed continuation barring something completely out of the ordinary. There's no more excuses for Alex now...

Originally Posted by acidicality

This is completely incorrect.

This is completely a response typical of smart $#@@$. He's had to deal with a different OC every year he's been in the league, until now. Happy now?
laugh.gif
Calling me a smart $*# because you made an incorrect statement? 
laugh.gif
  Come on bro.

An no, I am not happy now......because your statement is STILL incorrect.

05-McCarthy
06-Turner
07-Hostler
08-Martz
09-Raye
10-Raye/Johnson
11-Roman

That's different OC's every year he's been in the NFL so far...sure you may be technically right since Raye was fired early in the season in 2010, but my original point remains. He will likely have his first year of guaranteed continuation barring something completely out of the ordinary. There's no more excuses for Alex now...

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/03/49ers-sweetend-their-offer-to-alex-smith.html
49ers sweetened their offer to Alex Smith

Alex%20upset.jpg

Alex Smith gave in and decided to re-sign with the 49ers. But the team gave in a little, too. The Associated Press reports that Smith's new, three-year deal will pay him $8 million a season but as much as $33 million overall and $16.5 million guaranteed.

That's a step up from the three-year, $24 million deal with $10 million guaranteed that had been on the table for more than two weeks. The key is the guaranteed money, which signals the level of commitment to the player.

The initial contract offer would have allowed the 49ers to part ways with Smith and hand the offense to understudy Colin Kaepernick midway through the deal. The revised contract shows more of a commitment to Smith. It's also a show of good faith in what was a sobering negotiating process for Smith.

The revised contract offer also is significant in that the 49ers deviated from their usual, very business-like strategy of placing a value on a player and not going a cent higher than that number.

30t6p3b.gif
They should've stood their ground

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2012/03/49ers-sweetend-their-offer-to-alex-smith.html
49ers sweetened their offer to Alex Smith

Alex%20upset.jpg

Alex Smith gave in and decided to re-sign with the 49ers. But the team gave in a little, too. The Associated Press reports that Smith's new, three-year deal will pay him $8 million a season but as much as $33 million overall and $16.5 million guaranteed.

That's a step up from the three-year, $24 million deal with $10 million guaranteed that had been on the table for more than two weeks. The key is the guaranteed money, which signals the level of commitment to the player.

The initial contract offer would have allowed the 49ers to part ways with Smith and hand the offense to understudy Colin Kaepernick midway through the deal. The revised contract shows more of a commitment to Smith. It's also a show of good faith in what was a sobering negotiating process for Smith.

The revised contract offer also is significant in that the 49ers deviated from their usual, very business-like strategy of placing a value on a player and not going a cent higher than that number.

30t6p3b.gif
They should've stood their ground

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The abusive relationship continues............SMH.
Yea but this was the best QB out there in the market who gives us the best chances of winning the SB now.  Just gotta wait til CK is ready. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

The abusive relationship continues............SMH.
Yea but this was the best QB out there in the market who gives us the best chances of winning the SB now.  Just gotta wait til CK is ready. 

I listened to the conference call Alex just did w/ reporters, this dude is either a liar or delusional. He repeatedly said if peyton had chose the 9ers he was gonna compete w/ him for the starting job
laugh.gif

roll.gif

I listened to the conference call Alex just did w/ reporters, this dude is either a liar or delusional. He repeatedly said if peyton had chose the 9ers he was gonna compete w/ him for the starting job
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by 100PROOF

laugh.gif

roll.gif
laugh.gif
 There wouldn't be much competition. I can't believe we overpaid Alex. 
30t6p3b.gif
 THIS IS ALEX'S LAST CHANCE! You have wide outs, running backs a monster at TE and one of the fiercest defense. Plus, we have an offensive minded coach who played your position. No excuses to have difficulties in the red zone! 

Back
Top Bottom