Official 2012 Track & Field Thread: Brussels Diamond League (Merritt Breaks 110m Hurdles WR!)

Adidas Grand Prix (New York Diamond League) highlights from Saturday:

- Tyson Gay made his season debut in the Group B 100m running 10.00 into a head wind. If you do the calculations he really ran a 9.90.
- World Champion Yohan Blake ran a 9.90 in the Group A 100m catching Keston Bledman of Trinidad & Tobago.
- Luguelin Santos (only 18-years-old) came back and beat Jeremy Wariner in the Men's 400m running 45.24.
- Olympic Champion Shelly-Ann Fraser beat World Champion Carmelita Jeter, Allyson Felix, and Kelly-Ann Baptiste running 10.92 in the Women's 100.
- World Champion Jason Richardson won the Men's 110m Hurdles in 13.18 after the race had 3 false starts.
- Sanya Richards-Ross ran a PB and world leading 22.09 in the Women's 200.
- Churandy Martina tied with Nick Ashmede of Jamaica running a PB 19.94 in the Men's 200. They awarded Martina the win, if you remember he actually ran faster getting a silver medal at the last Olympics behind Bolt's WR but he was disqualified.
- Bernard Legat won the Men's 1500m in 3:34.63.
- T'Era Brown won the Women's 400m Hurdles in a meet record of 54.85

PERFORMANCE OF THE MEET: David Rudisha won the Men's 800m almost breaking his own World Record running 1:41.74. I'd suggest you watch the video, what a race.

BOLD = Wasn't televised on NBC, and there's no official video.

Yesterday was the last meet before most countries have their Olympic Trials starting next week. Should be an interesting new two weeks...

Tyson's back
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nike Team USA uniform unveiling in Miami.

6884321.-DSC_4460.jpg

New York, NY – June 14, 2012 – Last night Nike unveiled their groundbreaking design of the Team USA track & field uniforms amongst a select group of press & editors. Based on wind tunnel tests, the new Nike Pro TurboSpeed uniforms are 0.23 seconds faster across 100 meters than the Nike suits used in the 2008 Beijing games. Nike designed this year’s version in all red, featuring a chevron design at the top with “USA

Olympic Trials start Thursday in Beaverton, and then they move to Hayward from Friday onward. It's about to get crazy in Eugene again. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

Olympic Trials start Thursday in Beaverton, and then they move to Hayward from Friday onward. It's about to get crazy in Eugene again. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Two different venues for the trials?

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Originally Posted by University of Nike

laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Two different venues for the trials?

They're doing hammer up @ the Nike HQ - everything else will be at Hayward.

Most countries are holding their Olympic Trials starting this weekend. The U.S. meet began yesterday, but it seems no where will be streaming. NBC will be showing live action this and next weekend.

I PVR'd the Trials today and I'm now watching to see the last two events (100m Hurdles and 100m Final) didn't make the hour time slot. Did NBC end up showing those events? that's why an event like this shouldn't be given an hour time slot.

they showed it the trials ended at 930 it was suppose to end at 9..... jeter won and two youngings came in second and third, allison felix was i 4th

and dawn harper was first in the 100 meters ... LOLO was 3rd

it was super close. I was watching it live like *+@
laugh.gif
 Couldnt even tell on the slow mo. 
Really happy for Lolo, and the camera man did a good job catching her celebrate 
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif

anyway

Here is about the Felix Race : CLICK HERE

c18d9938-f543-4e71-9214-5c0c517aa277.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

No Love for Aston Eaton in here???

10.21 100m / 27' long jump / 6'8" high jump / 46.7 400m / 4:14 1500m
eek.gif

sick.gif

pimp.gif

New world record holder and best athlete on the planet??

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ With both Bruce Jenner and Dan O'Brien in attendance.
laugh.gif

I'm trying to find footage but sadly nothing is on Universal Sports' YouTube page. For Americans, you can watch video from Saturday here. For people outside of the U.S. (like myself) all I can find are the two videos below someone recorded on their phone.

Keston Bledman of TNT won the national championship of Trinidad in the 100 meter running 9.86
Richard thompson ran 9.96, rondel sorillo came 3rd

Kelly ann baptiste easily won the national championship for women running 10.98

Drummond with the double bicep flex 
laugh.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Crazy seeing these guys getting older though
ohwell.gif

USA track jacket is getting copped though. Have to get a GB one as well so i don't go to hell.

Originally Posted by 40inchBoost

No Love for Aston Eaton in here???

10.21 100m / 27' long jump / 6'8" high jump / 46.7 400m / 4:14 1500m
eek.gif

sick.gif

pimp.gif

New world record holder and best athlete on the planet??

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Huge congrats to him. Very well deserved. Very nice person too.

Originally Posted by tramericanjr

Keston Bledman of TNT won the national championship of Trinidad in the 100 meter running 9.86
Richard thompson ran 9.96, rondel sorillo came 3rd

Kelly ann baptiste easily won the national championship for women running 10.98

How the tables have turned.

Day 3 of the U.S. Olympic Trials are on NBC tonight at 7pm EST.

- Men's Shot Put Final
- Men's Long Jump Final
- Women's 400 Final
- Men's 400 Final
- Men's 100 Final

I just hope Ms. Felix can get it done in the 200 in the Olympics. No more silver medals.

tdot
since richard thompson won the silver then got in d eminor car accident he aint been the same,,,, the funny thing is he broke atos national record last year but that was it for him....

Keston has been running good this year

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

not to be a hater but LoLo false started and they let it slide.

30t6p3b.gif

the have sensors on the blocks. She didnt move enough to set it off and the Starter didnt say anything. so oh well
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

watching it, it kind of looked like a quick muscle flinch or something, not really the normal false start

Back
Top Bottom