Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Canelo vs Trout Offical?  If so, cool.  Finally canelo fights a worthy opponent(still needs to fight more).   I'm still on the fence with him. 

Tonights fight, broner/rees should be a good brawl.  or will it be a onesided affair?  

I see Broner winning.

Apparently we're getting Mares/Ponce De Leon on the same card too.

http://proboxing-fans.com/canelo-alvarez-vs-austin-trout-set-for-may-4th-in-vegas_021513/

Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero & Saul Canelo Alvarez vs. Austin Trout on May 4
After what has seemed like an eternity of speculation, it looks like the May 4th card in Las Vegas is finally taking shape, and that Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Austin "No Doubt" Trout will be a part of the event. Canelo Tweeted out a statement confirming the fight, while a separate report (in Spanish), and apparently sourced from Golden Boy matchmaker Robert Diaz, confirms the fight as well.

Canelo vs. Trout May 4 MGM"

Short but sweet, I suppose, but I doubt he would have said it if it wasn't all but finalized.

But that's not all we've learned either. It looks like besides Canelo vs. Trout, the fight we've all been waiting on may be set as well - Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero.

According to the same Univision report, Mayweather vs. Guerrero would headline the card, Canelo vs. Trout would be the co-feature, and then the winners would hopefully fight in September. Of course, Golden Boy would be crossing its fingers that Mayweather and Canelo are the winners and in September we see that huge showdown between them.

Also on the card would be a third great fight, a Featherweight title affair between Daniel Ponce De Leon and Abner Mares. Mares has announced his intentions to move up to 126 lbs since he couldn't land a fight against Nonito Donaire. Meanwhile, news just broke of Ponce's fight against Jayson Velez being cancelled due to an injury suffered by Velez.

That would be a fantastic three-fight lineup for Cinco De Mayo weekend. Three competitive fights with big names, tons of star power, and lots to see for fans of all rooting interests, with even more future payoffs down the line with bigger fights for the winners.

You can count me in, that's for sure.

We'll keep you posted on anything else we hear that officially confirms Mayweather vs. Guerrero, Canelo vs. Trout and the rest. Stay tuned.

there is also talk if bronner does quick work tonight he could also be in play for the may 4th card.

there is also talk if bronner does quick work tonight he could also be in play for the may 4th card.

Which he will i met Rees a damn ****** Broner by 3rd. GBP really picking fighters for Broner. Ricky Burns that bum better step up. Imagine Ricky Burns vs Broner on the May 4! It would be stack from top to bottom :nerd:

il be honest Broner got on my nerves at first but my boy convinced me was the truth
last fight had me thinking :x :smokin :pimp: of him

hopefully he gets a spot on that May 4th card

Broners mad talented, but dude needs to start fighting guys his size to see where he really stands. 140 is callin broner.

The "Can Man" does it once again. He should move up to 140 because there's no one left at 135.

A lot of good fights to be made at the junior welterweight division.

i dont mind taken this fight to stay busy but its time to step up and fight better people
I think Ricky Burns priced himself out of a Broner fight... Wasn't Broner's fault.
Thats why I said I don't mind take fights to stay busy. Cause that's what this fight was, like people have said 135 is weak it's time to fight at 140

i don't want them to baby him like they did berto 

I def think the stoppage was a bit early, let Rees finish out the round at least.  He took some good shots but none that made me say "this guy is hurt get him out of there."  As far as Broner goes, he looked as foolish as Apollo Creed in Rocky IV entering the ring last night smh.  Broner has skill and talent BUT moving up to 140 is a sure test of where he really weighs in on boxing.  Rees did tag him a lot last night and not every shot was clean and accurate but had it been someone like a Rios or Matthysse it would have been a much different story in my opinion.  Concerning the May 4th card, I can see the winner of Trout v Alvarez facing off with Floyd later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom