Official 2013 Fantasy Baseball Thread VOL: All-Star Break, Gauge Your Team

my league is very dependent on pitchers. ideas on who i can draft in later rounds and still get value?

literally, there is a rush on pitchers. guys you get in mock drafts in the 4th and 5th go in the 2nd and 3rd in my league

Last edited:
my league is very dependent on pitchers. ideas on who i can draft in later rounds and still get value?

literally, there is a rush on pitchers. guys you get in mock drafts in the 4th and 5th go in the 2nd and 3rd
id look into a prospects who were optioned to triple-a by their clubs for down the road contract reasons. no names in specific but generally those guys will get call-ups into the season ( the mike trout route) 

anyone interested in starting up a niketalk yahoo h2h league? not a fan of espn

Last edited:
yahoo has the best platform IMO.

I'd be interested but only for $

$50 minimum otherwise it's not worth it.

considering the low amount of interaction in this thread i dont even know if we can have enough people for a for-fun league, let alone money league
laugh.gif

Show of hands can we get 10 for $50 - everyone pays via paypal or chase quick pay by mid may or their team gets locked and unusable till payment?

We can set the draft for next weekend

is either Omar Infante or Everth Cabrera worth picking up for 2nd base in the FA pool??? I waited to long in of my leagues and now don't have a good 2nd baseman lol

My league just finished drafting the other day. This is my first year playing fantasy baseball and I've gotten some trade offers.

The first offer I got was I give up Miguel Cabrera and Ichiro Suzuki for Michael Young and McCutchen. I'm thinking about declining this trade. 

The other offer is I give up Evan Longoria and Wandy Rodriguez for Coco Crisp and Hamels. Probably going to decline that one as well.

My league just finished drafting the other day. This is my first year playing fantasy baseball and I've gotten some trade offers.

The first offer I got was I give up Miguel Cabrera and Ichiro Suzuki for Michael Young and McCutchen. I'm thinking about declining this trade. 

The other offer is I give up Evan Longoria and Wandy Rodriguez for Coco Crisp and Hamels. Probably going to decline that one as well.
first trade is terrible for you

wouldnt do the second either

is either Omar Infante or Everth Cabrera worth picking up for 2nd base in the FA pool??? I waited to long in of my leagues and now don't have a good 2nd baseman lol

who is your 2B to begin with?

Cabrera is a solid option bc he's going to steal 30 bases. But his hitting is a big ? - he does have the job in SD though

First trade is a big fat no. Michael Young is a nobody now and McCutchen is not = to Cabrera.

2nd deal isn't good either. Longo if healthy is an MVP candidate. Hamels is great and much better then Wandy but not worth a trade for Longo

Thanks for the feedback guys, I rejected both offers. 

I just need to know who I should offer from my team for Coco Crisp. 
laugh.gif
 I want Coco, which is why I got that one trade offer.

Here is my roster:

C: Mike Napoli 

1B: Brandon Belt

2B: Dan Uggla

3B: Miguel Cabrera

SS: Jose Reyes

OF: Ichiro Suzuki 

OF: Josh Reddick

OF: Dexter Fowler

DH: Evan Longoria

UTIL: Jean Segura

Bench: David Ortiz

Bench: Chris Nelson

Bench:Kendrys Morales

Bench: Ruben Tejada

Bench: Jeff Francoeur 

Bench: Mike Aviles

Pitchers:

SP: Cliff Lee

RP: Mariano Rivera

RP: Jason Grilli

Bench: Jaime Garcia

Bench: Tyler Clippard

Bench: Wandy Rodriguez

Bench: Ricky Nolasco

Like I said, I just want to know who I should try and offer for Coco Crisp, or I could just drop someone for Chris Young.

need 2 more ppl or possibly 4 more in my league. anyone interested? standard league on yahoo. i'll pm the details if anyone is down. draft is 26th 630pst

How many people are in your league? It doesn't make a difference, but I'm just curious. 

I'll join though. PM if you need my email to send an invite.

infante is the pick here...he'll put up close to a 300 avg consistently

Strongly disagree with this. While neither Infante or Cabrera are great fantasy options, Everth will positively impact your team on a week to week basis much more than Infante will. Infante brings one thing to the table, a high batting average. How much can a .300 batting average impact your team on a week to week basis? Not very much. Cabrera can win the stolen base category by himself during certain weeks.

When you are looking for fill in type players, find a player that will make an impact in one or more categories. Infante wont do that.

question about drafting this season:

since there seems to be huge depth in the 1B position, is it wrong to pass up on votto/fielder if you have picks 8-12 and pick 2 non 1B players since you can always find an above average 1B later in the draft?

View media item 330249
First time playing in a 5x5 roto in over 6 years. I've been in a points league for the past 6 and always declined roto invites, but I finally gave in.

I'll be on the waiver wire looking for pitching.

question about drafting this season:
since there seems to be huge depth in the 1B position, is it wrong to pass up on votto/fielder if you have picks 8-12 and pick 2 non 1B players since you can always find an above average 1B later in the draft?

You can go either way. Personally I don't really believe in position scarcity, I always take the best available player. It doesn't make sense to me to leave good players on the board for others to take.

Back
Top Bottom