OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

I had Petti, Megatron, and Stafford last season... so I named my squad was "DETROIT CITY"

James Casey is my sleeper TE this year... I also like Gresham and Rudolph -- keeping a very close eye on Eifert
you buying the reports that vernon davis could also be used at wideout. kap might have to lean on him this year with crabtree out. 

you buying the reports that vernon davis could also be used at wideout. kap might have to lean on him this year with crabtree out. 
Hadn't heard much about that.

Vernon Davis is dead to me lol. When I had him in the past, he played like a scrub so I don't even **** with him anymore. I hold fantasy grudges.  The only player immune to my grudges is Vincent Jackson. I got a fantasy man-crush on VJax n will draft him all day and twice on Sundays. Him and Stafford are like my children, I rock with em every fantasy season.

Yeah my main league has 16 people in it this year so I doubt I will get to really do what I want in terms of my dream draft order. It really is too many people man.
how do you do playoffs in 16 team league ? or is it top h2h guy and top pts guy in one week playoff. or is it top pts guy.  i hate head to head ( record ). best way to judge a team is total pts. 
I run a 16 team league, we do H2H. People seem to really embrace the unpredictability that comes with that deep of a league+the weekly H2H matchups+the 8 team playoffs :lol:

AP, and Brees or Dezzy.
Ya it is definitely AP and then Breez or Dez... thats what I'm having trouble deciding :lol:

Need help deciding my keepers,

pick 2

Peterson
Brees
Dez
Ridley
Kaep

Peterson, Dez
I was leaning towards this.... but if Brees can put up 20+ a week, I'll be straight right?

Last edited by a moderator:
RCK: Brees is a different animal with Payton back.

Dezzy is tempting because many experts have him pegged right after Megatron and AJ. I find that to be a bit high.

SRV: I love Doug Martin. Schiano pounds the rock. Tampa's offensive line is solid. Pierce will steal carries, reps from Rice.

Dezzy is tempting because many experts have him pegged right after Megatron and AJ. I find that to be a bit high.
That's exactly my thinking too. Brees was the #1 fantasy QB already, so I can only imagine he'll at least match last seeason with Payton back.

And I NEVER want to put that much stock in a WR..... So ya, I guess I'm leaning towards AP+Brees

PPR league. Rice or Martin?
I definitely would take Martin just based on the fact that Rice has so many other RB's on that depth chart that could take away from his carries. Towards the end of the season they started to use Bernard Pierce and I think that'll be the same for this season. There's no one on the Buccs depth chart to even pose a threat at taking away carries from Martin.

That's exactly my thinking too. Brees was the #1 fantasy QB already, so I can only imagine he'll at least match last seeason with Payton back.

And I NEVER want to put that much stock in a WR..... So ya, I guess I'm leaning towards AP+Brees
View media item 519798Brees is definitely shown consistency he only failed to score 20+ pts 4 times last season in one of my leagues with standard scoring.

Last edited:
aj green

brandon marshall

dez bryant

julio jones

demaryius thomas

rank them for me please (PPR and standard leagues)

aj green
brandon marshall
dez bryant
julio jones
demaryius thomas

Standard:
AJ Green
Brandon Marshall
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Demaryius Thomas

PPR:
Brandon Marshall
AJ Green
Dez Bryant
Demaryius Thomas
Julio Jones

Y'all have got to realize that Fitz could very much finish the season as a top 3 wideout. All the guy needs is an average QB and now he has it :nerd:

I run a 16 team league, we do H2H. People seem to really embrace the unpredictability that comes with that deep of a league+the weekly H2H matchups+the 8 team playoffs :lol:
Ya it is definitely AP and then Breez or Dez... thats what I'm having trouble deciding :lol:
I was leaning towards this.... but if Brees can put up 20+ a week, I'll be straight right?

QB's are more easily replaceable then elite RB + WR

QB is deeper, you can win your league with Ryan, Romo, Stafford, Brady etc. All who you can get much later then Brees

Last edited:
aj green
brandon marshall
dez bryant
julio jones
demaryius thomas

Standard
AJ Green
Brandon Marshall
Julio Jones
Dez Bryant
Demaryius Thomas

PPR
Brandon Marshall
AJ Green
Dez Bryant
Julio Jones
Demaryius Thomas

Y'all have got to realize that Fitz could very much finish the season as a top 3 wideout. All the guy needs is an average QB and now he has it :nerd:
I totally agree with this statement he was ranked #7 in targets last season amongst WRs and now with Palmer as his QB should be good for him.

I agree, now that Fitz has Palmer, he could get his value back as a top 3 WR.

I'm chomping at the bits for my 2qb 2 def league draft at the end of august. I've spent about 2-3 hrs a day the last week and a half doing fantasy football prep work.

If there are any guys in here him champ and a few more who are serious players and want to play in a $100 lg DM me, I wanna set it up.

Whos got the best draft kit out right now?
i can tell you two of them. i know them very well and respect both of them. 

1- https://www.scoutpro.com/   nelson is one of the best fantasy players in the country. i compete with him in high stakes leagues. i will be in three vs him this year. we talk all the time. i definitly respect his views.

2- http://www.fff-football.com/   jules is great. again i am friends with her but i respect her as one of the best in high stakes leagues. i listen to her podcast all the time. 

you cant go wrong with either one.  you can email them and say " the blackhand " ( frank) says to take care of you and they might throw you a bone.  also let there be NO MISTAKE and just because i am friends with two does not mean i pimp them because im friends. biz is biz and friends are friends.  

QB is deeper, you can win your league with Ryan, Romo, Stafford, Brady etc. All who you can get much later then Brees
Naw the 16 team league is different from the other keeper league. But I feel you on what you are saying, I always go but that rule of thumb

Y'all have got to realize that Fitz could very much finish the season as a top 3 wideout. All the guy needs is an average QB and now he has it
nerd.gif
fitz is a beast. people forget because they ride the hype.  solid as they come.

People always say this but in my money league QB's get 6 points per TD and bonuses for 300+ yard games.

The winner the last three years has always had a top 3 QB in scoring. Last year I didn't take a WR until the 4 and 5 round and got Percy and Demayrius.

RBs are king but you have to have to a good QB

People always say this but in my money league QB's get 6 points per TD and bonuses for 300+ yard games.

The winner the last three years has always had a top 3 QB in scoring. Last year I didn't take a WR until the 4 and 5 round and got Percy and Demayrius.

im sure that guy with the top qb also most likely outdrafted everyone well enuf to win.  your 4th and 5th round look nice but i have a feeling at least one of your top three crashed and burned. it happens dude.  his stratagy was not better , he just had a better draft.

im sure that guy with the top qb also most likely outdrafted everyone well enuf to win.  your 4th and 5th round look nice but i have a feeling at least one of your top three crashed and burned. it happens dude.  his stratagy was not better , he just had a better draft.

I took Gronk in the second :smh: and Brees in the first.

I won the league year before last and I took Aaron Rodgers 4th overall.

My team was good but Rodgers carried me. Ironically though in by work league I took Stafford in the 9th and won that league too so it works both ways.

Its just QBs are the top scoring players in my league of record and unless you sneak a Cam two years ago or a RGIII you better hit on every single position player and never have him get hurt.

In that league I just feel a top flight QB is safer.

I've got 3 total interested in the $100 buy in fantasy league.

Here is more info for those interested. PM me asap as I'd like to get it going

Yahoo league

10-12 team

$100 buy in = $1200 pot /// 1st place gets $800 2nd gets $300 3rd gets $100

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 K, 1 Def

1 PPR league.

If you're down please let me know cause I can get this started.

Collect $ upfront via chase quickpay or paypal.

Winners get paid at the end. No BS no drama collecting money.

That's off the top of my head.

I've got 3 total interested in the $100 buy in fantasy league.

Here is more info for those interested. PM me asap as I'd like to get it going

Yahoo league

10-12 team

$100 buy in = $1200 pot /// 1st place gets $800 2nd gets $300 3rd gets $100

1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 2 Flex, 1 K, 1 Def

1 PPR league.

If you're down please let me know cause I can get this started.

Collect $ upfront via chase quickpay or paypal.

Winners get paid at the end. No BS no drama collecting money.

That's off the top of my head.

Interested, but only if you dis-allow auto-drafting (unless the auto draft is done by customized user rankings).

and is scoring otherwise standard (besides PPR?) no funky bonuses or anything right?

how early should gronk be drafted in a 12 man league? what should we expect from him this yeaexee
expect the unexpected. 
mad.gif
  this guy while a great fantasy stud when playing will drive you nuts, is he playing ? how long is he out for ? does he need surgery ? im not saying not to take him but at noon on sundays you are looking at the active list. his fantasy value is from gold to zero.  gota see how it plays out by 3erd preseason game.

Back
Top Bottom