OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

Ok so I kept D.Martin and Dez as my keepers for my 1st and 4th round picks. What should I target with my 2nd and 3rd rd picks? Was thinking of going with another RB or WR for those picks and then getting a QB in the 5th or 6th. I figure Wilson, Luck and maybe even Stafford will still be available by then. If McCoy is there in the 2nd do I take him over Bush?

Any advice :nerd: its a 12 team PPR league and I have the 8th pick

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Darren Sproles
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Marques Colston
TE: Owen Daniels
DST: Chicago
K: Matt Prater
Bench: Antonio Brown, Lamar Miller, Steve Smith, Steve Johnson, Danny Woodhead, Ronnie Hillman, Deangelo Williams, Chris Givens

10-team PPR league... I don't love it. At all. Have an offer of Alfred Morris for Andre...

QB: Matt Ryan
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Darren Sproles
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Marques Colston
TE: Owen Daniels
DST: Chicago
K: Matt Prater
Bench: Antonio Brown, Lamar Miller, Steve Smith, Steve Johnson, Danny Woodhead, Ronnie Hillman, Deangelo Williams, Chris Givens

10-team PPR league... I don't love it. At all. Have an offer of Alfred Morris for Andre...
you need a bigtime wr and you be ok.  package dre and miller for wr

got my 12 team keeper league draft tonight...... kinda nervous

Can someone school me on Keeper leagues? I took over someone's squad in a 12-team PPR league and we get to keep one player. The only notable players are Matt Ryan, Roddy White, and Matt Forte. I know there is a huge emphasis on RBs but I'm not 100% sold on Forte with the injury history. I like Matt and Roddy but I could find replacements in the later rounds. I have the 5th overall pick (snake draft).

I'm leaning towards Forte... Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Can someone school me on Keeper leagues? I took over someone's squad in a 12-team PPR league and we get to keep one player. The only notable players are Matt Ryan, Roddy White, and Matt Forte. I know there is a huge emphasis on RBs but I'm not 100% sold on Forte with the injury history. I like Matt and Roddy but I could find replacements in the later rounds. I have the 5th overall pick (snake draft).

I'm leaning towards Forte... Any thoughts?
I would take Megatron, Spiller or Lynch with the 5th pick in a ppr league. Not a Forte fan but you keep him if its at a decent round.

The views on Kaepernick seem to be all over the place. CBS has him ranked outside the top 10 while Yahoo projects him as the 4th highest qb taken. I'm going to go with yahoo on this one and have him rushing for about 800 yards. I think Boldin and Vance Macdonald are worthy replacements for Crabtree and Delanie Walker. Its overall depth at WR that's an issue. I mean Austin Collie is third on the depth chart. Patton could surprise. 

I want to get into a keeper league at some point. I play with the same people every year I have no idea why we arent doing keepers. That actually sounds like a real good system CP, I wouldnt be putting money on a team that I had to take over and rebuild though.

Seriously. Building a team in fantasy football would be like the best of both worlds. Everybody is so reluctant to change though...surprised I got these guys to do an auction league
We're doing that this year for the first time ever. People were adamantly against it, myself included I wont lie. But I've already studied and built my draft strategy around it. My new thing this year is going for handcuffs. I might see how long I can go without a kicker just to see if I can handcuff some people. Ben Tate, regardless of whether I get Arian Foster or not, Geno Smith, and Nick Foles to name a few.
My draft is tonite... 4th pick. Don't know who to start with 
mean.gif

laugh.gif
Jamaal Charles. He will be there. Take him and watch the benefits. Even with Andy Reid and his playcalling I expect dude to do numbers.

Last edited:
In a PPR Lesean Mccoy or M. Lynch? Is turbin a threat to steal carries away from lynch?

Is Kaepernick worth taking in the 1st round I have the 14th pick then I have the first pick in the second round?

Kaep 1st round though srs?

You can get him in the 6th round probably. Take a RB..... or a top WR whoever is best on the board left just please don't go QB early unless you see Brees or Rodgers in the 3rd round.

At pick 14, I'm thinking you'll see Ridley, Steven Jackson, Forte, Dez, Marshall or AJ. I'd go with them instead. And Kaep shouldn't be picked until the later rounds.

No matter what you do, you need to get a running back with 1 of those 2 picks.

Last edited:
Kaep 1st round though srs?

You can get him in the 6th round probably. Take a RB..... or a top WR whoever is best on the board left just please don't go QB early unless you see Brees or Rodgers in the 3rd round.

In this league The Quarterback is accountable for most of the points. I have the 14th Pick and some teams already have Quarterbacks because they are keepers I'm just show you list of the top players.

dont be stupid an take a QB in the first round... please dont

not 2nd, or 3rd

Well finished my first draft... I'll take any tips and what I did wrong.

P.Manning
Spiller
L.Miller
Marshall
Cruz
S.Smith
Ravens D
K. Forbath

:smh: Think I could have done better.

Before I post my results, I just would want to know your draft strategy in a league I never played in. No PPR standard scoring except -2 per INT. 12 Man team.

QB
RB
TE
W/T
W/T
W/T
QB/RB/T
K
DEF

6th pick (So far, AP, Foster, Brees, Rodgers, Peyton)

What's your strategy?

Here was my team from a 10-man standard scoring work league. What do you think? Where do I need to go get someone?

QB Cam Newton, Car
RB Doug Martin, TB
RB DeMarco Murray, Dal
WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari
WR Julio Jones, Atl
TE Kyle Rudolph, Min
FLEX Hakeem Nicks, NYG
D/ST Cowboys D/ST
K Justin Tucker, Bal

Bench Giovani Bernard, Cin RB
Bench Pierre Garcon, Wsh WR
Bench Shane Vereen, NE RB