OFFICIAL 2013 FANTASY FOOTBALL TALK

Finished my last draft of the year earlier tonight for the big money league that I run. I'm really liking my team :pimp:.

It's PPR, 6 point passing TDs, and the Flex allows you to start a QB - essentially making it a 2QB league. There are also 3 point bonuses for 50+ yard TDs and 400pass/200rush-rec yards per game. This is also the first keeper draft we've done for this league, which is why you'll see a good bit of young guys on the bench. I had the 6th pick. Here's what my team is looking like (the number in parentheses is the round they were drafted in):

QB: Tom Brady (1)
RB1: Jamaal Charles (2)
RB2: Reggie Bush (3)
WR1: Larry Fitzgerald (4)
WR2: Pierre Garcon (6)
Flex: Matt Stafford (5)
TE: Rob Gronkowski (7)
DEF: Buccaneers (16)
K: Greg Zuerlein (17)

Bench:
RBs - Giovani Bernard ( 8 ), Shane Vereen (11), Le'Veon Bell (14)
WRs - Cecil Shorts (10), Ryan Broyles (13), Kenbrell Thompkins (9)
QBs - EJ Manuel (12)
TEs - Zach Sudfeld (15)

My thoughts: I really like Reggie Bush this year on the Lions. Stafford had a huge amount of throws to RBs last year and I'm sure Reggie will be able to do some good things with them, and there's no denying how explosive he can be when he carries the ball. As far as Matt Stafford goes, the only way to go from last year is up. There's no way he doesn't increase his TDs. I think his receivers were tackled inside the 10 yard line like 15 times last season. I see top 5 potential in him this season. Larry Fitz cooks this year with Carson Palmer throwing to him. I think he has a huge year now that he has a respectable QB. If Garcon can stay healthy (as well as RG3), I see them both starting right back up where they left off last season (plenty of targets, catches, and TDs). I just couldn't pass up on Gronk in the 7th round, especially with whispers of a late-September comeback. Until then, I think Sudfeld will be an adequate replacement. As far as my Defense goes, the Buccaneers play the Jets in week 1 :lol:. After that I'll be hawking the waiver wire based on matchups. We also have 2 IR spots, so I can stash Gronk and Bell there to have an extra 2 slots to grab some sleepers off of the waiver wire (currently considering Kenny Stills and Christine Michael). Carson Palmer also wasn't drafted so I'm definitely gonna grab him as a bye week replacement. Speaking of bye weeks, that's the one thing I'm worried about. I wasn't paying attention to them, and a good bit of my guys have byes in weeks 9 and 10 :\.

Sorry about the essay :lol:. Anyone have any thoughts on my squad? :nerd:

Last edited:
Half Point PPR, 4 point passing TD

QB - Matt Ryan

RB - Jamaal Charles

RB - Frank Gore

WR - Pierre Garcon

WR - Roddy White

TE - Jimmy Graham

Flex - Lance Moore

Kicker - Dan Bailey

DST - Green Bay Packers

Bench - Cecil Shorts, Eli Manning, Ronnie Hillman, DeAngelo Williams, Sidney Rice, Jermaine Gresham

I don't really like my running backs. Might trade Frank Gore and someone for a better RB. What do you guys think?

This was the first time I've ever to draft this many defensive players. Think I came out ok. This is a secondary league with the same people I have my big money league with so I didnt want to give too much away in terms of my sleepers, worked out in my favor because I was running into bye week issues with a few of them so I couldnt have drafted them even if I really wanted to.

As always opinions are welcomed.

in my 10 team should I cut alex smith (Stafford is my starter) and replace him with Alshon Jeffery or Vereen? There are other qb's on the waiver that I could pick up later like Flacco, Cutler or Bradford. With Jeffery or Vereen they would be bench spots, or should I pick up someone else.

RB:
View media item 558005
WR:
View media item 558004

LeSean McCoy at 4th pick in a 0.5 PPR league.... is it a reach?
He went 3rd overall in my 1 PPR draft tonight. I'm from Philly though so our guys tend to go a little earlier than usual :lol:.

Half Point PPR, 4 point passing TD

QB - Matt Ryan
RB - Jamaal Charles
RB - Frank Gore
WR - Pierre Garcon
WR - Roddy White
TE - Jimmy Graham
Flex - Lance Moore
Kicker - Dan Bailey
DST - Green Bay Packers

Bench - Cecil Shorts, Eli Manning, Ronnie Hillman, DeAngelo Williams, Sidney Rice, Jermaine Gresham

I don't really like my running backs. Might trade Frank Gore and someone for a better RB. What do you guys think?
Really solid imo. Not sure I like Moore in the Flex though. You might wanna consider putting Shorts there. Love your receivers. As for your RBs, Charles is a beast and I think Gore is definitely a worthy #2. I don't see many ways you could package him to get a better RB. If you're feeling bold, maybe package him with Jimmy Graham to get a top tier guy.

Last edited:
What kind RB can I expect to get in return for B.Marshal? I want to target McCoy, Bush, Charles or MJD. Are those realistic RB I could get or would I have to add another player to get a RB1 of that caliber?

^ I don't think McCoy or Charles for Marshall straight up would go through. You'd have to add another player. Bush (Reggie I'm assuming) and MJD are more realistic. I'd actually try and get another guy if you go after one of those.

Last edited:
need 2 teams to fill my league draft is Thursday at 7pm standard H2H format on yahoo send me a PM with emails

^ I don't think McCoy or Charles for Marshall straight up would go through. You'd have to add another player. Bush (Reggie I'm assuming) and MJD are more realistic. I'd actually try and get another guy if you go after one of those.

Ok thanks! Yea I figured McCoy was a stretch

He went 3rd overall in my 1 PPR draft tonight. I'm from Philly though so our guys tend to go a little earlier than usual :lol:.

Mike Vick gone in the 1st round as well? :nerd:

:lol: jk, I know how it is. Russell Wilson and Marshawn are at the top of many draft boards over here.

why would it be a reach? he should beast IMO

i like him better than Spiller honestly

In some of the mock drafts I've been in he's been going anywhere from pick 9-11 so that's why I threw out the word reach. Definitely agree though, I think he'll have a better season than Spiller too.

blackhand off to nyc for some major drafts on fri and sat.  i'm pumped.  got to get in a night on the town tonight.  hide the women.  back on sunday , good luck.

So my team is...

Brady
McCoy
Wilson
Bernard
Demaryius
James Jones
Greg Olsen
Texans D
Gostkowski

Bench

Tavon
DeAndre Hopkins
Bryce Brown
Reuben Randle
Carson Palmer
Sudfield
Christine Michael

I think I wanna try and package Olsen and somebody else for a better tight end. Thoughts?

And I kinda wanna pick up Kenny Stills or stash Percy. Who should I drop to do that?

Help.......

Better TE, meaning Witten or Gonzalez?

Package Olsen, Sudfeld, Randle, and hope for a bite.

I'd only drop Sudfeld for Stills. Percy is a player you stash couple weeks into the season if/when you're in comfortable position (meaning 4-0, 3-1) and have the luxury of an empty roster spot.

You could work a package to upgrade your WR2. Olsen, James Jones, Randle for Fitz, Roddy, or V-Jax. Insert Sudfeld as starter. Play the FA TE waiver wire weekly. Add Stills and Percy in your two empty roster spots. Might even drop Randle for Stills if you don't make a trade.

Denni: That's an elite team across the board for 12 teams. Strong starters. Depth to back it up.

Floyd, Richardson, Gordon should fry all season.

Cuban: Shady or Charles would be excellent return for Marshall straight up. I doubt the owners bite. You'd have to add a filler RB.

MJD for Marshall is fair for both sides depending on need. I personally wouldn't move Marshall for MJD unless you have need at RB and surplus at WR.

Reggie Bush and a WR2/WR3 to let go of Marshall.

Nick: Only pick I don't like is Garçon. Who else was available at WR?

Is EJ Manuel worth a roster spot? I'd rather stash another RB or WR.

TripleD: Be wary of Stills cutting into Moore's production. I'd start Shorts in the Flex over Moore.

Gresham's production will be affected negatively by Eifert's rise.

Could package Gore, Gresham, Moore for Shady, Trent, CJ Spiller. Add Stills in one empty roster spot. Sudfeld, Housler, Fleener in the other.

SneakerPro: If I had to nitpick, I don't love Wilson as a RB2. I think Dre Brown will steal the TD's in goal line.

I'd package Wilson and maybe DeAngelo to get a S-Jax. Ridley if you like him. Morris or CJ2K.

Can I get some pinions on my team (12 team league).  If at all, should I handcuff Gore or Forte? Kendall Hunter and Michael Bush are available. Who do I drop?

[table][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]QB[/color][/td][td]
Tom Brady  NE - QB
 No new player Notes

Sun 10:00 am @ Buf
[/td][td]408.28[/td][td]90%[/td][td]4827[/td][td]34[/td][td]8[/td][td]32[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]WR[/color][/td][td]
Calvin Johnson  Det - WR
 No new player Notes

Sun 10:00 am vs Min
[/td][td]154.93[/td][td]96%[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1964[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]WR[/color][/td][td]
Antonio Brown  Pit - WR
 Player Note

Sun 10:00 am vs Ten
[/td][td]78.87[/td][td]77%[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]24[/td][td]0[/td][td]787[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]RB[/color][/td][td]
Matt Forte  Chi - RB
 Player Note

Sun 10:00 am vs Cin
[/td][td]166.07[/td][td]92%[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1094[/td][td]5[/td][td]340[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]RB[/color][/td][td]
Frank Gore  SF - RB
 No new player Notes

Sun 1:25 pm vs GB
[/td][td]195.00[/td][td]86%[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1214[/td][td]8[/td][td]234[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]TE[/color][/td][td]
Owen Daniels  Hou - TE
 Player Note

Mon 7:20 pm @ SD
[/td][td]83.73[/td][td]66%[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]716[/td][td]6[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]W/R[/color][/td][td]
BenJarvus Green-Ellis  Cin - RB
 Player Note

Sun 10:00 am @ Chi
[/td][td]148.33[/td][td]23%[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1094[/td][td]6[/td][td]104[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]2[/td][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BN[/color][/td][td]
T.Y. Hilton  Ind - WR
 Player Note

Sun 10:00 am vs Oak
[/td][td]108.30[/td][td]35%[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]29[/td][td]0[/td][td]861[/td][td]7[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BN[/color][/td][td]
DeAndre Hopkins  Hou - WR
 Player Note

Mon 7:20 pm @ SD
[/td][td]0.00[/td][td]5%[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BN[/color][/td][td]
Andy Dalton  Cin - QB
 Player Note

[/td][td]304.76[/td][td]11%[/td][td]3669[/td][td]27[/td][td]16[/td][td]120[/td][td]4[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]4[/td][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BN[/color][/td][td]
Zach Sudfeld  NE - TE
 No new player Notes

Sun 10:00 am @ Buf
[/td][td]0.00[/td][td]27%[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BN[/color][/td][td]
Bryce Brown  Phi - RB
 Player Note

Mon 4:10 pm @ Was
[/td][td]78.13[/td][td]2%[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]564[/td][td]4[/td][td]56[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]3[/td][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]BN[/color][/td][td]
Vick Ballard  Ind - RB
 Player Note

Sun 10:00 am vs Oak
[/td][td]109.53[/td][td]3%[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]814[/td][td]2[/td][td]152[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""]Fantasy[/th][th=""]Field Goals Made[/th][th=""]Field Goals Missed[/th][th=""]PAT[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]Pos[/th][th=""]Kickers[/th][th=""]Fan Pts[/th][th=""]% Start[/th][th=""]0-19[/th][th=""]20-29[/th][th=""]30-39[/th][th=""]40-49[/th][th=""]50+[/th][th=""]0-19[/th][th=""]20-29[/th][th=""]30-39[/th][th=""]40-49[/th][th=""]50+[/th][th=""]Made[/th][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]K[/color][/td][td]
Matt Prater  Den - K
 No new player Notes

Thu 5:30 pm vs Bal
[/td][td]138.00[/td][td]89%[/td][td]1[/td][td]7[/td][td]10[/td][td]5[/td][td]3[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][td]1[/td][td]4[/td][td]1[/td][td]55[/td][/tr][/table]

[table][tr][th=""] [/th][th=""] [/th][th=""]Fantasy[/th][th=""] [/th][th=""]Tackles[/th][th=""]Turnovers[/th][th=""]TD[/th][th=""]Misc[/th][th=""]Ret[/th][/tr][tr][th=""]Pos[/th][th=""]Defense/Special Teams[/th][th=""]Fan Pts[/th][th=""]% Start[/th][th=""]Pts Allow[/th][th=""]Sack[/th][th=""]Safe[/th][th=""]Int[/th][th=""]Fum
Rec[/th][th=""]TD[/th][th=""]Blk
Kick[/th][th=""]TD[/th][/tr][tr][td][color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]DEF[/color][/td][td]
Cincinnati  Cin - DEF
 No new player Notes

[/td][td]165.00[/td][td]80%[/td][td]296[/td][td]51.0[/td][td]0[/td][td]14[/td][td]16[/td][td]3[/td][td]1[/td][td]1[/td][/tr][/table]

Back
Top Bottom