Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

Michael Carter Williams is not better than Ricky Ledo

Everyone that follows hs/cbb knows this. Its the nba
He's not more talented. Ledo is a headcase, bounced around from school to school, and we haven't seen him play basketball in over a year. 

That Michigan game was by far his worst game of the year and it happened to cost Syracuse a National Championship berth. Everything you saw in the video is why people said he needs to come back and doubt as to whether or not he'll be in the NBA following his rookie contract. He gets frustrated easily, dribbles too high, makes bad decisions with the most glaring being jumping in the air to pass the ball while he's in the paint. It almost always results in a turnover. He also can't shoot and doesn't finish at the basket well. The only reason he was hyped was because of his height. If he was 6'2" instead of 6'6" he'd be an average guard. Potential is a dangerous thing. Its either boom or bust, no in between. I think he's an end of the lottery pick and if he came back would still be an end of the lottery pick. Another year would have only benefited him, but he's old for a sophomore which may have been a key contributor. Adding in that his family's home burned down and you knew that he was gone. Hopefully he can stick in the league. Dion Waiters was pro ready, MCW isn't. Far from it. He's going to spend most if not all of his rookie season bouncing back and forth between the team that drafted him and the D-League.

Last edited:
Smart is my guy but you overrating the hell out of him right now. Yea he's built exceptionally for his position but he's not that aggressive and still doesn't know how to use his body. He settles for a lot of jumpers because he can't always rely on his handle. Oladipo is as good as an athlete as anybody in the draft including Smart, he's also more aggressive and efficient on offense.

I agree his handle is suspect but If KD can get himself that tight of a handle 4-5 yrs into the league, so can Smart.

His shot is nice, especially his pull-up, willing passer and more importantly I think he's a point guard in the NBA and has the body to really expose people defensively.

I'm a big fan of the Smart plays, I really hopes he leaves and proves me right.

Ray McCallum Declares For Draft
Apr 27, 2013 6:56 PM EDT

Logo_DetroitTitans.jpg

Ray McCallum has decided to enter the 2013 NBA Draft.

McCallum averaged 13.5 points, 4.9 assists and 4.7 rebounds per game in his junior season at Detroit.

McCallum averaged 18.7 points per game as a freshman.

Via Aran Smith/NBADraft.net

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227408/Ray-McCallum-Declares-For-Draft

I think Carrick Felix could be a decent role player in the league. Athletic, can play D and has a serviceable outside shot

Dude said Smart would've bullied Oladipo :lol:

He's one of the best athletes in the draft, I see his game translating well. He'll be a great defender too.

List Of 77 Early Entry Candidates For 2013 NBA Draft
May 01, 2013 11:18 AM EDT

The 2013 NBA Draft has 77 early entry candidates, with 46 players from United States' colleges and 31 internatinoal players.

Players have the right to withdraw no later than June 17 ahead of the June 27 draft in Brooklyn.

College Players
Steven Adams, Pitt
C.J. Aiken, St. Joseph's
Anthony Bennett, UNLV
Vander Blue, Marquette,
Lorenzo Brown, N.C. State
Reggie Bullock, North Carolina
Trey Burke, Michigan
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Georgia
Michael Carter-Williams, Syracuse
Adrien Coleman, Bethune-Cookman
Allen Crabbe, Cal
Deweyne Dedmon, USC
Gorgui Dieng, Louisville
Jamaal Franklin, San Diego State
Archie Goodwin, Kentucky
Tim Hardaway Jr., Michigan
Grant Jerrett, Arizona
Christian Kabongo, New Mexico State
Myck Kabongo, Texas
Shane Larkin, Miami
Ricky Ledo, Providence
Alex Len, Maryland
C.J. Leslie, N.C. State
Nurideen Lindsey, Rider
Amath M'Baye, Oklahoma
Ray McCallum, Detroit
Ben McLemore, Kansas
Tony Mitchell, North Texas
Shabazz Muhammad, UCLA
Nerlens Noel, Kentucky
Victor Oladipo, Indiana
Kelly Olynyk, Gonzaga
Norvel Pelle, Los Angeles College Prep
Otto Porter Jr., Georgetown
Marshawn Powell, Arkansas
Phil Pressey, Missouri
Andre Robertson, Colorado
Joshua Simmons, Spartanburg Methodist (JC)
Trevis Simpson, UNC-Greensboro
Tony Snell, New Mexico
Tahj Tate, Delaware State
John Taylor, Fresno Pacific
Adonis Thompson, Memphis
Deshaun Thomas, Ohio State
B.J. Young, Arkansas
Cody Zeller, Indiana

International Players
Alejandro Abrines, Barcelona
Giannis Adetokunbo, Filathlitikos
Francois Affia Ambadiang, Geoplin Slovan
Nemanja Besovic, Partizan
Bogdan Bogdanovic, Partizan
Matias Bortolin, Arkadia,
Linos Chrysikopoulos, PAOK
Laszlo Dobos, Zaragoza
Dorde Drenovac, Biancoblu
Viktor Gaddefors, Oknoplast Bologna
Rudy Gobert, Cholet
Mouhammadou Jaiteh, Boulogne
Livio Jean-Charles, ASVEL
Sergey Karasev, Triumph
Louis Laveyrie, Paris-Levallois
Raul Neto, Lagun Aro GBC
Philipp Neumann, Brose Baskets
Lucas Riva Nogueira, Estudiantes
Alexandre Paranhos, Flamengo
Artem Pustovyi, Khimik
Bogdan Radosavljevic, Bayern Munich
Marko Ramljak, Zadar
Dario Saric, Cibona
Dennis Schroder, New York Phantoms
Strahinja Stojacic, Smederevo
Walter Tavares, Gran Canaria
Daniel Theis, Ratiopharm
Janis Timma, Ventspils
Marko Todorovic, Barcelona
Axel Toupane, Strasbourg
Adin Vrabac, Spars Sarajevo

Via RealGM Staff Report

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/227459/List-Of-77-Early-Entry-Candidates-For-2013-NBA-Draft

I think Carrick Felix could be a decent role player in the league. Athletic, can play D and has a serviceable outside shot

Not a lot of people know about Carrick. I'm a big ASU fan, dude could be a more athletic Tony Allen if he lives up to his potential. Great athlete, lockdown defender, great rebounder. Ball handling and shot are definitely questionable and will probably never be great but he can definitely hold his own otherwise.

I'm thinking my Suns need to get Anthony Bennett if they want a potential game changer. I've seen his highlights, anyone have an opinion on him? Is he the real deal?

Last edited:
Not a lot of people know about Carrick. I'm a big ASU fan, dude could be a more athletic Tony Allen if he lives up to his potential. Great athlete, lockdown defender, great rebounder. Ball handling and shot are definitely questionable and will probably never be great but he can definitely hold his own otherwise.

I'm thinking my Suns need to get Anthony Bennett if they want a potential game changer. I've seen his highlights, anyone have an opinion on him? Is he the real deal?

Good quickness, falls in love with shooting 3's bad on defense but they say it's he has asthma so he was always tired at UNLV.

Good quickness, falls in love with shooting 3's bad on defense but they say it's he has asthma so he was always tired at UNLV.
Watch some young Larry Johnson highlights, Bennett plays just like him.

Wish we could see player interviews with teams... like they do in the CFL Obviously, teams wouldn't enjoy that us fans? :smokin

Already got pick #19, #31 and #33 ... not counting the lotto pick.

I'm really excited to see what the Cavs do. No chance they draft 4 players.

Cavs should take Olynyk or Zeller

Pick and Roll with Kyrie and Waiters will be money.

I like Olynyk because of his skill set and Range but Zeller is a very good athlete and runs the floor well for a 7 footer. Both have good basketball IQ but both are a liability on D

Back
Top Bottom