Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

I still have faith in Jan Vessely. Would gladly take him as a 18-20 MPG rotational guy off the bench. Obviously not what you expect from a top-6 pick though.

Maybe a change of scenery would help. New city, new coaching, new teammates, new motivation.

so you guys buying this Alex Len hype, dude is shooting up the draft boards.

I still think Trey Burke is one of the most important guys in this draft and everyone that passes up on him without a top 5 PG will be sorry.

I still have faith in Jan Vessely. Would gladly take him as a 18-20 MPG rotational guy off the bench. Obviously not what you expect from a top-6 pick though.

Maybe a change of scenery would help. New city, new coaching, new teammates, new motivation.
Yeah.

Kinda like how Javale McGee and Nick Young really blossomed after leaving.

I still think Trey Burke is one of the most important guys in this draft and everyone that passes up on him without a top 5 PG will be sorry.

Len is Samual Delembert/Poor Roy Hibbert

He's going to be a solid defender/rebounder but unless he goes to the perfect situation I don't see him becoming an offensive weapon.

I like Jamaal Franklin, but I expect 99% the Thunder are getting a big at 12 and we don't pick again til 29 and he'll be gone then. We need to call Dallas about that #13 pick they don't want. What's the story with the long sleeved shirt though? Edit: just found out he is only 191, soured me on him a bit

Len is Samual Delembert/Poor Roy Hibbert

He's going to be a solid defender/rebounder but unless he goes to the perfect situation I don't see him becoming an offensive weapon.

This is so true, too much hype on him tho for his own good

My biggest nightmare is that the wiz drop Jan Vesley and then he reaches his potential i would legit die while facing a myriad of emotions

Alex Len is legit IMO Runs the floor , has post moves & can make jumper's

Len join maryland late his freshman year from then to his sophomore . he gained weight and
learned english while also playing much better on a trash team with no Point Guard

Last edited:

I agree. I don't know, I find it really hard to project PGs but I think he's going to be really good from day one. If I had to be on two all stars from this draft, I'd go with Noel and Burke. Great shooter with deep range, great handles, runs the pick and roll really well, smart player, etc. I just see it with him.

Len is more athletic than Lopez, but less polished in the post than Lopez was at 19-20.

Maybe more like Jonas Valanciunas?

Last edited:
Alex Len talent is hard to deny, his production was so limited by the horrible selection of guards Maryland was playing with, reminds me of Derrick Favors at Georgia tech situation, playing with bad college gaurds severley limits a big mans production and development.

Last edited:
Whats everyone's big board look like? I got:

Nerlens Noel
Anthonny Bennett
Trey Burke
Alex Len
Oladipo
Ben Mcelmore
Cody Zeller
Dennis Shroeder
Otto Porter
Kelly Olynyk
Shabazz Muhammed

Sleepers I love

Nate Wolters - I would take him in the first round
Glen Rice JR - a DTA guy in the making
Mike Muscala - Really tallented, can score in a variety of ways, ELITE shooter at 6'11, but rebounds his position well. could be a ryan anderson with post game.
Pierre Jackson - You can make the isiah thomas, nate robinson mistake again if you want too.
Matthew Dellavedova - pick and roll surgeon, can shoot it too, 6'4.
Arsalan Kazemi - no one can convince me he can't play in the league, dennis rodman type?
Colton Iverson - classic reliable back up c, getting one in the second round is a steal imo.

Last edited:
Len is not as a good of a rebounder or as good on offense as Favors was/is. I also give Favors the nod athletically/strength wise, shot blocking they are even and Len could surpass him. If Len could be Derrick Favors then he would be a steal, As I said I see more Dalembert. Guards did hurt him at Maryland but it might be a similar situation with some lottery teams.

Len is not as a good of a rebounder or as good on offense as Favors was/is. I also give Favors the nod athletically/strength wise, shot blocking they are even and Len could surpass him. If Len could be Derrick Favors then he would be a steal, As I said I see more Dalembert. Guards did hurt him at Maryland but it might be a similar situation with some lottery teams.

I'm not saying they are similar players I was saying they are in similar situations, no professional NBA guards are as bad as P'shon ******g howard and Nick Faust.

I suppose I'm in the minority ranking Z over Len.

The one major concern about Zeller is fear he gets soft inside and shies away from contact.

Athleticism and finesse (touch) are clearly there.

Whats everyone's big board look like? I got:
i think it all depends on the team.. there are guys in this draft that i love and would love to have on the thunder.. granted i dont think there are any superstars in this draft..

but alot of guys who can come in and have an impact.. especially on winning teams.. which sucks for some of these guys because they will be going to bad teams and being thrust into a role that they shouldnt be

like i've said above, i would love to get oladipo to replace thabo in a year.. then we can keep lamb as our main 6th man/shooter off the bench.. and then we can have a lineup of westbrook/oladipo/lamb/kd/ibaka

Back
Top Bottom