Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread

When I said Gay could be a 25 guy I meant he is a guy who could go for 25 on a given night. Memphis fell when he left..

Wow. The same Grizzlies that made it to the Western Conference Finals? And destroyed the Clippers? :smh:
they played 2 teams with injuries to 1 of their superstars. When they ran into a healthy Spurs they got swept in embarrassing fashion

Still, to say Memphis fell when gay left makes zero sense. They don't need gay and his toxic contract

And forcing two overtime games with the spurs wasn't embarrassing

Last edited:
Lmao i missed this thread ima go back looking for your reaction on cavs drafting bennett

My reaction wasn't. Granted I was hammered, but I was content

Just glad it wasn't Len.. I was happy with anyone else.

Yeah I wanted Otto or BM, but at the end of the day ill support my Cavs.

Bennett is my dude for at least a few years.

VO seems like a cool dude to chill with
laugh.gif

Thunder tricked this draft off so hard. Andre Jerrett, Alex Abrines, Andre Roberson, and Steven Adams? We took Abrines, the Euro draft and stash dude, in the 2nd rd and he and his people have already threatened teams not to take him in the 1st because they're not getting locked into a mere rookie scale contract, so now he'll never come over because they are going to want too much money in 2 yrs or so when he's ready or at best. Also we traded up 3 spots for an undisclosed amount of cash to take someone who was projected in mid to late 40s. I don't remember how we got Andre Jerrett, I guess bought that pick, but he's about as fast as a roadkill turtle and I guarantee there are scrap heap veteran tall, soft, unathletic jump shooters if that's the route we want to go, ol variant Brian Cook *** *****.

I have no problem with the Adams pick though. His physicality is worth it at 12. All those moving up but not going to trade anybody pipe dreams was just messing with my emotions. It costed Philly an "all star" just to move up 5 spots and we're thinking we can move up 10 for Kendrick Perkins.

Lmao i missed this thread ima go back looking for your reaction on cavs drafting bennett

My reaction wasn't. Granted I was hammered, but I was content

Just glad it wasn't Len.. I was happy with anyone else.

Yeah I wanted Otto or BM, but at the end of the day ill support my Cavs.

Bennett is my dude for at least a few years.

Much respect, honestly the wiz were gonna draft him according to certain reports :x im glad the cavs saved us from ourselves

Bennett has high bust potential but he has a high potential

He'll find his way into the league. He'll get his shot. His pedigree, family, shooting ability, and his production at Duke will make sure he gets a shot.

He'll be in Vegas for Summer League, and in somebody's camp in October.

He goofed by staying in school for so long yet not putting some muscle on his frame and gaining athleticism in the gym.

He can shoot it as good as anybody but he doesn't have an NBA handle, body, defense, athleticism or finishing ability

Not surprised R.Kelly got picked, great shooter, smart basketball player and an improving defender. Pringles will love him

He goofed by staying in school for so long yet not putting some muscle on his frame and gaining athleticism in the gym.

He can shoot it as good as anybody but he doesn't have an NBA handle, body, defense, athleticism or finishing ability

this is the weakest draft class since 2000, there is no way Seth gets drafted in previous draft, if he can't even get pick this draft.

Not surprised R.Kelly got picked, great shooter, smart basketball player and an improving defender. Pringles will love him

The NBA is littered with players who many view as players that don't have "NBA athleticism, NBA Handle, Body, etc."

Like I said before, Did Eddie House have NBA traits? How about Steve Kerr? Hell most of the questions that surround seth surrounded Steph. (Not even saying they are remotely the same player)

Seriously, how did Gobert last to 27? The more I watch, the more I feel like the league might have really ****** up on that one.

Besides the very obvious size and length, I see a smart, mobile player with incredible hands and good touch. Says all the right things (knows exactly what his game is and where he needs to improve), and he apparently loves America, which is always a factor for overseas guys. 20 pounds and experience and the Jazz probably have a third stud post player that is currently 21 years old.

Really grown to love him and Schroeder over the past few weeks, and I tend to have a pretty close-minded approach towards international players like most every other American.

Last edited:
I'm on board with Schroeder, ATL finally did something right.

Gobert is very interesting, I like French guys in general as they usually translate well to the league. His body is off the charts, like you said if he puts on 20 pounds good night. He's very fluid for a big man. Jazz trying to have all the good young bigs on their team :lol:

Also crazy that the two most athletic post players in the first are white dudes in Zeller & Plumlee.

I love Plumlee going BK, all he will have to do is get rebounds, run the floor and set picks which he is good at. Zeller is going to one of the worst situations but I still like everything he can do on the offensive end. He runs and leaps as well as any 7 footer I've seen and he can hit the mid range J. The only saving grace is that he will get atleast 10 shots a night and that should speed up his development.

View media item 474061
+
View media item 474063
Muhammad originally requested jersey No. 15 with the Wolves, but when he found out Mickael Gelabale already owned the number, he opted for a more obscure option.

"Nobody wears zero in the league, so I might as well wear zero," he explained.

However, he may have his chance to nab his first choice. It is looking unlikely that the Wolves exercise their option on Gelabale's contract, which must be picked up by mid-July.

14 other players wear 0 in the league, including of course this guy who went to the same school as him and last yr's rookie of the year
View media item 474062

Last edited:
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that he meant "nobody" as in "not a lot of people" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom