Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And another inept franchise, the Wizards, gave Minny that #5 pick in 2009 for Mike Miller and Randy Foye. That could have been Curry.

Or even after that, in the first round of 2011 they took two D-league level players who will be out of the league within 1-2 yrs (Jan Vesely and Chris Singleton). Washington's #6 and #18 picks could have been Klay Thompson/Kawhi Leonard/Vucevic + Faried/Tobias Harris.

So all things being equal, Washington could be looking at Wall/Beal/Leonard/Faried/Noel, all under 23. Or maybe Wall/Beal/Porter/Faried/Vucevic. Instead they're overpaying for journeyman SFs. Stupid teams gonna stupid..

Yeesh. That's a damn good example too.

Exactly the point I've been trying to make. These teams stop screwing up the draft, they don't throw dumb money at mid level players. All that market blaming crap before the lockout was smokescreen blame deflection.

I don't have all the names, but I know the Suns have sold a ton of picks that turned out to be great players. Loul Deng, Marcin Gortat, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Fernandez, Nate Rob, Captain Jack all players the Suns sold. In the middle of the Nash/Stat/Marion/Bell/Diaw teams they could have had Deng and Rondo off the bench learning the NBA their way. :wow: :lol: There's your difference between being "good" and winning a title or two.

Crazy stuff, that seems to keep happening to the same teams.
Yep, the teams that are bottomfeeders are there for a reason. Jordan/Rich Cho keep screwing up in Charlotte too. It's sad to see some of these badly managed franchises dragging down the quality of the league from what it could be.

So in retrospect if Jan Vesely is considered a bust then Washington pretty much got a do over with the Otto Porter pick.

How Porter develops could be directly tied into whether they can keep John Wall when he becomes a UFA.
Wall will almost certainly resign for the max before that point. If he decides to wait till he's a UFA he'd be leaving millions on the table.

Last edited:
That 20-5-5 rookie season before DMC got there and messed it all up was :pimp:

Kings could of had

Greg Monroe and Paul George over DMC

Klay Thompson or Faried over Jimmer

Lillard or Barnes over Robinson

Now a Lineup of

Lillard
Reke
George
Faried
FILLER

Could DEFINITELY win > 40 games

I'm sorry Kings fans :frown:

you should be saying congrats to kings fans

tyreke evans is what he is. a bench/role player

20 5 5 is easy when your team is trash

you put any average player on a garbage team ithno direction and watch them average 20 5 5

i do not know what you guys expect gonna happen once he leaves sac like hes gonna get super powers back or some ****...

I really don't see his ceiling being any higher than Mario Chalmers (Not saying Mario isn't a good quality starter on a (more than) good team). Just saying don't see him LEADING anything

no man apparently you havent seen thomas play much. the lil guy has flashes of being a superstar offensively. this idiot coach of theirs always took thomas and cousins out when he shouldnt.

but yea tyreke is buns the guy who tried to blame it on cousins for evans drop in production :stoneface:

once more offensive options arrived in sac is when dude production fell off.

if the cut is right..............................you must sign tomorrow night!

:rofl:

Bruh.. :lol:

I'm honestly Tryna rap my head around this tweet from this "barber"
Why the hell would Dwight fly to Houston for a haircut.
why would this kid tweet it out at 1230?

Friday can't come soon enough so this fiasco can fully end.

well dwight is one of the dumbest human beings in the nba... remember this the guy that wanted monta ellis out of anyone he could have as a teammate in orlando..

if he goes to houston what are the odds he breaks record for most baby mommas? :lol:

Last edited:
So in retrospect if Jan Vesely is considered a bust then Washington pretty much got a do over with the Otto Porter pick.

How Porter develops could be directly tied into whether they can keep John Wall when he becomes a UFA.

Dude is resigning for the max so itll be at least 6 years before he becomes a ufa

Legit we talk so much trash bout gms but if we had those jobs we most likely would have made some bum decisions

I know for sure i would of traded Love for OJ Mayo draft night the high school hype for mayo was od and the ceiling on love wasnt considered too high

how does iggy not say yes right away for 14 mill? aint nobody else gonna offer more than that. he don goofed

well dwight is one of the dumbest human beings in the nba... remember this the guy that wanted monta ellis out of anyone he could have as a teammate in orlando..

if he goes to houston what are the odds he breaks record for most baby mommas?
laugh.gif
ZZINGGG! lol

as a Magic fan, I hated DH during his Orlando stint and I hate him more after. We live in a era of Hateable NBA Superstars.

Dwight will apparently be making his official decision by Friday. just a couple days left :smile:

How did Iggy not jump to sign his name on the dotted line as soon as it was offered?

Even the Kings realized they were buggin'.

speaking of Tyler, Pacers rescinded their qualifying offer to him making him an unrestricted FA. Plus the previous report of him saying he wants to be a starter.

Hansbrough is trippin if he thinks he's a starter in the NBA. Great guy to bring off the bench though. He'll be a big time signing for a contender if he goes to the right team.

And another inept franchise, the Wizards, gave Minny that #5 pick in 2009 for Mike Miller and Randy Foye. That could have been Curry.

Or even after that, in the first round of 2011 they took two D-league level players who will be out of the league within 1-2 yrs (Jan Vesely and Chris Singleton). Washington's #6 and #18 picks could have been Klay Thompson/Kawhi Leonard/Vucevic + Faried/Tobias Harris.

So all things being equal, Washington could be looking at Wall/Beal/Leonard/Faried/Noel, all under 23. Or maybe Wall/Beal/Porter/Faried/Vucevic. Instead they're overpaying for journeyman SFs. Stupid teams gonna stupid..
mean.gif
That's hindsight If I ever saw it. The Minnesota trade was awful no doubt. That WOULD not have been Curry. The team was not looking at a point guard at the time. 

As for 2011...its very easy to go back and see who the best players ended up being 2 years later and say the team should have taken them. 

Also, I never liked the idea of rolling out imaginary lineups of missed draft picks because who says the team still would be in the same position in the following draft?

Example...if they Leonard and Faried...who says the team is still bad enough to be able to draft Noel?

Last edited:
Ujiri knows what he's doing. Toronto should be a legitimate playoff contender within three years.

no they wont :lol:

and believe it or not, i like the deal for Detroit. get something for nothing. We could easily have cut Stuckey a few days ago and aved money and we could amnesty CV.

Gay isnt bad, semi big name. Him with Drummond and Monroe. i like it.

plus we still have cap space. maybe we can do some damage.

lets hope
The trade has could hurt and help both teams...Rudy is way better and more useful than Stuckey/ Charlie V, but he's best as a 2ndor 3rd option..The Raptors get that contract off their hands and basically go into full rebuilding mode..but like one dude said you can get this same deal later in the season after watching the college players for a lil bit, they might tank and still end up with like the 4th pick and the fans gotta watch a line up that includes Stuckey/ Charlie V/ Novak all season :lol: :x

The trade has could hurt and help both teams...Rudy is way better and more useful than Stuckey/ Charlie V, but he's best as a 2ndor 3rd option..The Raptors get that contract off their hands and basically go into full rebuilding mode..but like one dude said you can get this same deal later in the season after watching the college players for a lil bit, they might tank and still end up with like the 4th pick and the fans gotta watch a line up that includes Stuckey/ Charlie V/ Novak all season
laugh.gif
sick.gif
The draft is loaded next season. Ending up with the 4th pick is still better than a max Rudy Gay on a team that still isn't making the playoffs.

The draft isn't regarded well enough in the NBA yet, imo. Either the scouting isn't enough, or teams just don't pay attention or what, I don't know, but so much talent flops while other talents emerge. Some of it may just be pure stupidity, but you have to play it out and not be careless. Some examples.

Minnesota in 07 drafts OJ Mayo and trades for Kevin Love. Smart.
08 Draft Pekovic. Draft and trade Chalmers, another PG :lol:
Take Rubio AND Flynn in 09???? Then to be funny, take Lawson and trade him too. (the ****?) But they keep Wayne Ellington. :lol:
Steph Curry was sitting there. Love, Pekovic, Steph, Rubio, in TWO YEARS, this could have been a foursome.
2010, Minny takes Wes Johnson......over Gordon Hayward or Paul George.
2011, D Williams over Kawhi, or Klay Thompson. Cavs get Kyrie at 1, could have had one of those guys at 4, or Vucevic.

OKC in 07 gets Durant and Jeff Green, trades Carl Landry (ouch)
Next year they grab Russ and Ibaka (!!!!)
in 09 they get Harden.
10 they take Bledsoe, traded to the Clippers.

Clippers get Gordon and DeAndre.
09 they get Blake.
10 they get Aminou and Bledsoe.
11 pick becomes Kyrie Irving since they traded an unprotected pick. (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Nuggets by the way get Lawson in a trade at 18 and Faried at 22 in back to back years. Good thing these crappy teams drafting in the top 5 every year passed on both of them. :lol:

Just 3-4 teams right there, look at what they COULD have been in 3 years, EASY. EASSSSSSSSSY. And some of you are selling me that they HAVE to overpay players we already KNOW won't develop into anything for them outside of middling NBA team. LMAO, the Clippers could have had Kyrie, Gordon, Aminou, Blake, DeAndre with Bledsoe as a 6th man all under 24 at LOW COST and bought 2-3 free agents for middle of the pack deals and been a 9 deep team for the next decade easy. EASY. That's when you can begin to overpay to keep your own pieces in place and once the fanbase is on board with all the talent you've brought in. At that point, you spend your money wisely, or aggressively.

Minny with Pekovic, Love, Paul George, Steph and Rubio in 3 drafts. :wow: :rofl: Good thing they drafted 4 other PG's and a few more stiffs. klasdhfkhadfh;h

Pekovic, Love, George, Steph, and Rubio.........I'm not going to sleep tonight and they aren't even my team. Oh my God. :smh:

But hey, they don't need George and Steph when they can overpay 28 million for Kevin Martin, right guys? Have to do it, cuz ya know, you're a mid market team, nobody will come play for you. Yeah..... :lol:

Grizzlies in 2007 - take Mike Conley
Grizz in 2008 - take Kevin Love and trades him for OJ Mayo :x
Grizz in 2009 - take Thabeet, Carroll and Sam Young :rofl:
Grizz in 2010 - take Xavier Henry, Vasquez and trades Dominique Jones
Grizz in 2011 - Josh Selby
Grizz in 2012 - Tony Wroten

makes the WCF

Grizz in 2013 - Jamaal Franklin, Timma

:rofl: Memphis is up there with Minnesota in terms of some of the wrost drafting in the last 5-6 years. The good thing is that they made good trades and signings.

Darko for Zbo.
Expirings and Marc for Pau
Signed TA
Vasquez for Pondexter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom