Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plug in oden for the slow half court offense and grind out games vs bulls/ pacers in the playoffs

Last edited:
CP, I get that he would be a risk (which is why you sign him for 1-2 years and $4 million per, tops), but you have to recognize that Oden was really, really good when he did play.

I never saw him play. His longest stretch was what, 20 games? 30? He never played. And in those he did, 25 minutes-ish? He's a taller, less athletic Birdman then.

But also in Portland's slow *** Nate hindered offense, now we want him in Miami?!!???!!? :smh:

That's BEGGING for let down. His legs couldn't survive slow and methodical, so now we try fast and faster? And if they slow down for him, you slow Bron/Wade. Why would anyone do that?????

I know I'll get dismissed as a hater, but I don't see the fit. I know Miami has the need, but Oden won't fit. Tyson Chandler, sure. Oden or Bynum, no way.

Not a hater, you're just falsely assuming the presence of Oden on the team means they're going to walk the ball up every possession and run the ball through him... or that he's playing 30+ minutes a game. He can play 15-18 minutes, and he's a big body that will alter shots and grab rebounds. And if he would go to Miami, there's little to no reason to rush him out there or force him to play through anything if he's not up to it.

Maybe I'm just a big Oden fan still and want him to make a comeback.. even if the odds of it are very slim.

Oden?

Hand Miami the trophy for next year already. There's no point in having a 13-14 season.

Why wouldnt another team besides the Heat take a chance on Oden?

He said he only wants to play for the cavs or heat and other teams have their own priorities and their own project players

If healthy which is a huge if teams like like bulls and pacers are just 5 game series

I'm really curious to see how the wizards handle this off season they have a great shot at making the playoffs they could even be as high a sixth seed, I think have a better roster than the 6,7,8 of the this years ec playoff teams

i remember when different nba players was making videos to make a case of why they should be all star that season. Forget what season it was.

Last edited:
I see the Wizards being a 6th seed. Something tells me Toronto might struggle. Their front court is what I question the most.

Watching Draft Hq on NBATV I wonder if the league could switch it where it's signing Free Agents first then have the draft.

All new Open Court tonight talking about their school days

Watching Draft Hq on NBATV I wonder if the league could switch it where it's signing Free Agents first then have the draft.

That would be interesting if they would employ that.

Yeah Mike Fratello mention that and it makes sense. Why not go after the experienced guys then find some quality back ups in the draft. More so if your a non lottery team.

Apparently you guys only remember Ohio St Oden. :lol:

Sorry, but I don't see him doing a single meaningful thing for the Heat or any other roster. I'm really not understanding everybody backing him like he's going to help in 2014, when he hasn't done jack **** since he was drafted in 2007.

Joel Anthony > Oden, Joel can at least last on the court. He sucks horribly, but he can play in an actual game.

No point in bringing up Oden ...Even the Suns training staff probly couldnt get him to play a couple games in a row :lol: :smh:

Have any of you guys ever gotten a jersey framed? Trying to get an idea of how much it will cost me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom