Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston needs to pick up Ron, they need a tough guy/bully, everyone soft as hell. Be perfect to back up Parsons or play the 4, not like anyone else aside from Dwight plays defense on the Rockets.
Metta can't guard anyone either. Been there, done that, no thanks.

Pass on Ron Artest too.

Last edited:
ron-artest-elbow-harden.gif

Chill.

Let the Knicks have him.

:rofl: yo i legit forgot all about that.

I still can see him signing with the Rockets. Dude was already big-upping the Rockets moves and saying they now have two top 5 centers with Asik and Dwight. They have a need for him too. Need a tough vet like him and some depth at SF/PF.

do players still get their money after they're amnestied?

When a player gets amnestied, they get their money no matter what. It will just no longer count against their salary cap.

Teams competing for their talents, get to bid on the player, and the player goes to the highest bidder. Bidding has to comply with salary cap rules.

If there are no bidders, that player is free to sign wherever he feels like. I believe each time they sign though, the new team pays into some of that salary they are owed, lowering the cost for the team who amnestied the player.

In the case of Andray Blatche, he's wanted to spite the Wizards; so instead of asking for a team to sign him to a specific deal, he goes for the lowest price possible, making the Wizards continue to pay his remaining salary :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
that's alot of money for a guy who's season highlight happened while bowling and what his hair looked like while on the bench
Cavs have offered Andrew Bynum 2-year deal potentially worth $24-million, reports Yahoo. Incentives in there, but still would be hard to top
— Sam Amico (@SamAmicoFSO) July 9, 2013

ron-artest-elbow-harden.gif

Chill.

Let the Knicks have him.

:rofl: yo i legit forgot all about that.

I still can see him signing with the Rockets. Dude was already big-upping the Rockets moves and saying they now have two top 5 centers with Asik and Dwight. They have a need for him too. Need a tough vet like him and some depth at SF/PF.

dude was saying asik was a potential top5 C after a regular season last yr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom