Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
me and my co worker was sitting here debating whos the best at what in the nba. We pretty much agreed on most but he brought up who has the best euro step. He said wade and i said tyreke. Who do u guys think?

^yea man people are acting like josh is a bum. poor shooter and probably not a max guy but does everything else well
he's a really good player but he's best as a 4 in an uptempo system. who knows maybe it works with him in detroit but i still feel they shouldve spent that money of iggy or tyreke.

But you can see the faint trace of a smile on Kobe's lips.

Lol please don't go there gilbert is nothing compared to t
Riley. He's gonna do whatever he has to to. Keep. Him in Miami.

True I'll give you that all the way,.

Just don't be convinced dude is staying.. chances are he's gone. Coming back? nah I won't say that but we'll see.

Gonna be very annoying the next year so get ready.

Lol please don't go there gilbert is nothing compared to t
Riley. He's gonna do whatever he has to to. Keep. Him in Miami.

Lebron is LITERALLY 100x bigger, more valuable and more worthy to the game of basketball than Riley is, and ever will be.

You're kidding yourself if you think Lebron will just fall to the commands of Riley for the sake of pleasing Riley.

Last edited:
I think LeBron knows it would be a great story and marketing ploy for him to return to the Cavs, but the thing is....would you wanna go back to living in Cleveland, Ohio for the rest of your career when you've been living in South Beach for the past 5 and can make a LOT more money there, plus you've had the best years of your career there? That warm weather will be a lot easier on his body than the cold in Cleveland towards the end of his career too.

Only this time, the rest of the NBA believes the Nets have gone too far, delivering the league into an unfiltered rage. The signing of Russian free agent Andrei Kirilenko – a $10 million-a-year player last season – for Brooklyn's $3.1 mini-midlevel exception has transformed rival owners and front office executives into an angry mob of disbelievers.

The insinuations are unmistakable: Around the NBA, there are calls for the commissioner's office to investigate the possibilities of side deals and Russian rubles ruling the day – for now, unfounded charges based on circumstance and appearances.

Within the NBA, there had long been those promising that deals would start popping up involving Prokhorov that made no fiscal sense, theorizing that high-end players could take less within the constraints of the salary cap and still make up the difference in clandestine pacts.

"Brazen," one Western Conference GM told Yahoo! Sports.

Mikhail Prokhorov has shown little concern for the NBA's hefty luxury-tax penalties. (USA Today Sports)"Let's see if the league has any credibility," one NBA owner told Yahoo! Sports. "It's not about stopping it. It's about punishing them if they're doing it."

Another Eastern Conference GM: "There should be a probe. How obvious is it?"

Few trust Prokhorov to honor the NBA's salary-cap rules and regulations. He made his $15 billion fortune in the wild 1990s in Russia in what he called, "cowboy territory with no sheriff." Bribes were part of the business culture, and Prokhorov confessed to his part in it.

:lol:

I remeber CNNC documentary on Prokherov treating him like some anti technology Warren Buffet type guru for making all that money and not using a computer.

COMPUTERS LEAVE A PAPER TRAIL. :lol:

Thats the reason he doesn't use a computer, only face to face and hand to hand. :lol:

Only this time, the rest of the NBA believes the Nets have gone too far, delivering the league into an unfiltered rage. The signing of Russian free agent Andrei Kirilenko – a $10 million-a-year player last season – for Brooklyn's $3.1 mini-midlevel exception has transformed rival owners and front office executives into an angry mob of disbelievers.

The insinuations are unmistakable: Around the NBA, there are calls for the commissioner's office to investigate the possibilities of side deals and Russian rubles ruling the day – for now, unfounded charges based on circumstance and appearances.

Within the NBA, there had long been those promising that deals would start popping up involving Prokhorov that made no fiscal sense, theorizing that high-end players could take less within the constraints of the salary cap and still make up the difference in clandestine pacts.
"Brazen," one Western Conference GM told Yahoo! Sports.

Mikhail Prokhorov has shown little concern for the NBA's hefty luxury-tax penalties. (USA Today Sports)"Let's see if the league has any credibility," one NBA owner told Yahoo! Sports. "It's not about stopping it. It's about punishing them if they're doing it."

Another Eastern Conference GM: "There should be a probe. How obvious is it?"
Few trust Prokhorov to honor the NBA's salary-cap rules and regulations. He made his $15 billion fortune in the wild 1990s in Russia in what he called, "cowboy territory with no sheriff." Bribes were part of the business culture, and Prokhorov confessed to his part in it.
laugh.gif
I was waiting for the backlash. Surprised it took this long. Hes seriously just laughing in the fact of the luxury tax. Its time for "Basketball Reasons"

Last edited:
That doesn't answer my question.

Would you wanna go back to living in Cleveland, Ohio for the rest of your career after you just spent the last few winning championships living on the beach in Miami where you'll also make more money and have an owner/GM that's already shown he's committed to getting whatever pieces needed to win?

It's not even about everything Buc posted...Cavs are owned by Dan Gilbert and coached by Mike Brown. Not a chance he goes back.

I really think he's re-signing in Miami. Riley will have a plan to rebuild around Lebron. He's no fool and is one of the most respected guys in the history of the league. I think Lebron learned his lesson back in 2010.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom