Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was 5'2 his freshman year of HS, then 5'7 his soph year, then 5'11 his junior year, before settling in at 6'3 by the time he got to college

As stated before, the only reason the Kings are better today because they didn't sign Monta, is because the Kings are trash. 

You couldnt make a similar claim if you were talking about the Bulls or a team like that.
I think its safe to say, any team other than maybe the Bobcats or Pistons is better off because they did not sign Ellis

Totally disagree and you are regurgitating the same nonsense that a lot of NTers do when speaking about Monta. Monta Ellis is a better, more efficient player, when he plays on a good team. If you are going off of history, and not off of biased opinions, this is indisputable. Its nothing personal against your Kings.

Monta has an unbelievably bad rep on NT. He is a MUCH better player than is given credit for.
Someone (I think BHZ) mentioned his low usage% during the We Believe seasons, so I guess I need to revisit that.

Yep. Lowest usage rate and highest shooting percentages were during the We Believe run, and the following year where the Warriors won 49 games (IIRC) and didnt make the playoffs.

he doesnt suck but he isnt as good as alot of niketalkers make him out to be.

at one point i thought he would be the next allen iverson lol

Last edited:
I think Monta gets a lot of flack because of how well Steph has developed, and how much Monta went downhill after leaving golden state.

Monta can put the ball in the bucket, and he's a good playmaker.

What I'm interested in seeing is how he does with a pass first PG like Calderon. We'll see.

This Dallas team may be good enough to be a fringe playoff team, but most likely a first round exit.

NK. Who in the hell points out how good Monta is? The only time he's ever mentioned is when people want to bring up my quotes from like three years ago. :lol:

Monta'a biggest issue post-GSW is that he played next to a player very similar to him. He can be a ball-stopper. They both needed the ball to be effective because neither were excellent facilitators for others, like a Paul, Rondo, or Nash. Donnie and Cuban are hoping Calderon can fit that mold.

There aren't any ball stoppers on Dallas right now before the signing. As long as Monta knows when to give up the ball, and has his touch still, he'll be okay. I still believe he has a good mid range jumper.

Last edited:
How the **** did he got game get made? I haven't seen it in years I'm watching it amazed. I don't see how NBA let's it be made now. Wasn't Allen a year or Twp in?

Fun Fact about that film: Role was originally for Allen Iverson, Then Kobe Bryant.

I saw a jersey with his 21?

Who's Malik Sealy?

A teammate/mentor of his in minnesota who died in a car crash on a late night in Minny after KG's birthday party I think. I think it was in his 3rd year in the L, or something like that. :smh: |I

you cannot be serious....
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
Sadly he is....but people like him want their opinions on basketball to be taken seriously 

I'm pretty sure every KG sig shoe has had some sort of small signage to pay homage to Malik Sealy.

nvm it was apparently only on one pair of Adidas.... but I still feel like I at least saw the #2 on a few more of his sig shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Monta gets a lot of flack because of how well Steph has developed, and how much Monta went downhill after leaving golden state.

Monta can put the ball in the bucket, and he's a good playmaker.

What I'm interested in seeing is how he does with a pass first PG like Calderon. We'll see.

This Dallas team may be good enough to be a fringe playoff team, but most likely a first round exit.

NK. Who in the hell points out how good Monta is? The only time he's ever mentioned is when people want to bring up my quotes from like three years ago. :lol:

Monta'a biggest issue post-GSW is that he played next to a player very similar to him. He can be a ball-stopper. They both needed the ball to be effective because neither were excellent facilitators for others, like a Paul, Rondo, or Nash. Donnie and Cuban are hoping Calderon can fit that mold.

There aren't any ball stoppers on Dallas right now before the signing. As long as Monta knows when to give up the ball, and has his touch still, he'll be okay. I still believe he has a good mid range jumper.
remember when you said Monta was a guard version of Dirk + Wade, though?

yeaaa because everyone is supposed to know about an unknown player who was BFF with KG... :rofl:

not sure if srs. i know him and the story but lets relax at not get mad because someone asked who he was. not a big deal AT all.

yeaaa because everyone is supposed to know about an unknown player who was BFF with KG... :rofl:

not sure if srs. i know him and the story but lets relax at not get mad because someone asked who he was. not a big deal AT all.

I know you're remedial and all but he wasn't an unknown player. He was an all-American at a storied program and NBA lottery pick. He also starred in a big budget movie with Whoopi.

I keep forgetting a lot you dudes were born in like 94

Last edited:
I'm not mad..... I was serious with the "you cannot be serious"

kind of surprising to see a NBA fan not know about Malik Sealy.

I'm not mad..... I was serious with the "you cannot be serious"

kind of surprising to see a NBA fan not know about Malik Sealy.

Exactly...dudes are going to come with cute little remarks to deflect from them not knowing ****...but there's no way you can consider yourself an nba fan and not know who he was unless you are young

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom