Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, Amare was a beast the only thing he could do was play a lick of defense :x in his Phx prime days tho, one of the best players to watch :x

Even in his first year with NYK, he was mad efficient and probably was a top 10 NBA player - but it all changed when Melo came through.

He was a beast that year. I remember he was getting some MVP talk in the 1st half of that season.

Overall though I think Dwight is a better player. Amare just refused to play defense and rebound.

G Hill and Penny will forever be legends in my mind..dudes were so sick

:pimp:

So a head coach was a part of the most successful lineup in the NBA....................

#TheReturn.

Even in his first year with NYK, he was mad efficient and probably was a top 10 NBA player - but it all changed when Melo came through.

Don't let the protective Knick fans get to you. It was Melo- with or without the injuries he would've shut Amare and the rest of the offense down.

That was his best season ever- awesome team. He's still not better than Dwight though.

How many Knicks games have you watched the past 3 years?

Amare played well when he came back this year alongside Melo and then he got hurt again so hmm idk maybe I don't watch enough Knicks games.

He has more trouble playing with Tyson than playing with Melo. Amare at this point is a 5 not a 4.

That woman in the pink skirt.......................................................................................
tumblr_m6lvlqEF461r7qsdw.gif

Last edited:
At no point in Amare Stoudemire's career was he a better option than Dwight Howard. D12's injury plagued season gave a lot of yall selective amnesia :lol:

Amare's offense was much better than Dwight's. While Dwight's defense was insanely better than Amare.

Both healthy in their primes, I'm pretty sure every GM takes Dwight over Amare.

Amare's offense was much better than Dwight's. While Dwight's defense was insanely better than Amare.

One also has a career Rebounding average of 8.6 while only averaging 9 3xs in his career

The other has a career Rebounding average of 12.9 while only averaging 10 once in his career, his rookie season.

How many Knicks games have you watched the past 3 years?

Amare played well when he came back this year alongside Melo and then he got hurt again so hmm idk maybe I don't watch enough Knicks games.

He has more trouble playing with Tyson than playing with Melo. Amare at this point is a 5 not a 4.
He hates Melo. Dont pay him too much mind. Your point about Tyson and Injury problems are why Amare has declined. Not because Melo got there. Sure if he was healthy and still able to start he would get less touches because Melo is there. But that still wouldnt be why he isnt as good as he used to be.

He fell in love with that jumper after he had it working for half a season. Now its all he takes (and it isnt as wet anymore as he would like to believe), with a baseline cut for a dunk here and there because he has no room to work down low with Tyson always in the paint. Its called spacing. If he could hit the jumper like Pau then he would be fine because then he could get people to fall for the pump fake and still get in the paint. But we all know that isnt the case. And no1 is biting on his pump since everyone wants him to shoot that.

Hes just not the player he used to be and thats not on Melo.

Last edited:
Just turned it to ESPN First Take and now Dwight is saying you do not need rings to consider yourself a winner? :lol:

While he is partially true, this guy needs to really just shut up. :smh:

One also has a career Rebounding average of 8.6 while only averaging 9 3xs in his career

The other has a career Rebounding average of 12.9 while only averaging 10 once in his career, his rookie season.
The fact that Stoudemire never averaged 10 a game in PHX where shots were going up like crazy is pathetic. Letting Shawn Marion outrebound him constantly....

Last edited:
Idk why folks blaming D12 he literally asked for Phil Jax bk you ain't come through lakers it's simple as that I wonder what Kobe has to say did you not go to management to ask the same as well??? :nerd: knowing your career is almost over.... I mean I just don't get it

Cant wait to see that and the over reactions that follow.

He scores more than 20 "D ROSE IS BACK I TOLD YOU GUYS HES HERE, WATCH OUT MIAMI".

He scores less than 20 "OH MAN D ROSE IS FINISHED, HE AINT COMING BACK FROM THIS INJURY WE SHOULD HAVE TRADED HIM FOR SHUMPERT OR RONDO THEYRE REAL MEN"

Last edited:
 i have said before in this thread... i think rose will have a good first game then become above average until december.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom