Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan Hahn ‏@alanhahn
There was talk that JR was dealing with a knee issue late in the season and playoffs but played through it. This explains a lot.

Adam Zagoria ‏@AdamZagoria
That puts J.R. Smith's return date at mid-October or mid-November #Knicks

Kurt Helin ‏@basketballtalk
Iguodala says he seriously considered Kings but they put him on deadline http://dlvr.it/3fwldk

HoopsHype ‏@hoopshype
Harrison Barnes: I wouldn't mind being a sixth man. http://po.st/ChCBqQ

Phil Jackson ‏@PhilJackson11
@mettaworldpeace going home to NYC and the Knicks. Best wishes, Ronnie, will be rooting for you. They’ll need your D.

Jennings?  I talked myself into Josh Smith but what... is...  Dumars... doing???

Just in time for the Villenueva and Stuckey contracts to come off the books, too...  
mean.gif

Last edited:
Det? putting Jennings in Detroit and im not watching a single game :x

might as well drink bleach.

I don't really think it is a good take.  Because it completely misses the point of what it means to be "the man" on a winning team.  First off, I totally agree that it's not 100% Dwight will be the man again, because he's had serious and effort issues the last two seasons.

However, the assertion that it takes a 25ppg shooting guard to be "the man" is ridiculous.  In his prime, Dwight completely changed the game for his team through his defense and rebounding.  It's unlikely Harden will ever have that level of impact on a team through scoring alone.  Harden's an awesome player and has superstar potential, but averaging 25ppg does NOT make you "the man".  What Dwight did for his team in Orlando very much made him "the man" even though he wasn't the primary ballhandler or playmaker on offense.

Not to throw shots, but as a Laker fan I think you've been watching Kobe too long if you think pure volume scoring is the only thing that can make a player the centerpiece of a great team.

Last edited:
See, every move since Darko.

That's why.

Ok, outside of Drummond, who he's likely chasing off with these moves.
Rumors are he'll keep his job of his team makes the playoffs and given everything after the 5th seed is a toss up, he has a chance if he wants it or he could be doing this on purpose so he fails spectacularly and then gets fired.

MarShon should be happy as hell. He wasn't about to get ANY playing time on the Nets. Dude got buried on their bench last year and they barely had any type of depth.

"@JMichaelCSN: Wizards set up talks for Wall's extension http://t.co/LlDzU9hOdV #WizardsTalk #NBA"

MarShon should honestly be ecstatic. A LOT of picks that are 20 and later have not survived as long as he has thus far in the league. Yeah, it's dumb when LeBron and Dwight use that logic because they're held on a different standard. This is MarShon Brooks from Providence.

Last edited:
John Wall will get the max, right.

MarShon can be JR-lite.

Does JR get a pass for his shooting performance in the playoffs?

"@JMichaelCSN: Wizards set up talks for Wall's extension http://t.co/LlDzU9hOdV #WizardsTalk #NBA"

MarShon should honestly be ecstatic. A LOT of picks that are 20 and later have not survived as long as he has thus far in the league. Yeah, it's dumb when LeBron and Dwight use that logic because they're held on a different standard. This is MarShon Brooks from Providence.
Seriously. I'd be smiling like no other. I'm still in the league and playing for one of the most storied franchises in the league. Plus he's gonna get to chuck like no other.

Can't blame the dude for wanting to win. Still has to compete with bogans, Bradley, lee and Crawford.

Last edited:
OMG
roll.gif
funeral indeed

Marshon Brooks attends his own funeral should be the caption on the bottom of this pic
eek.gif
laugh.gif
I'm with whoever said this will be the best possible place for Marshon.  He couldn't get off the bench in BK, and everyone on Boston is scared to shoot the ball.  He'll fit in fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom