Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if that's true. McHale's post game was a lot about finesse. Since he wasn't very athletic, he relied a lot on various moves to get him free. Drop steps, up-and-unders, jump hooks, etc. McHale had all of that stuff. He rarely just overpowered people for baskets (as far as I remember), like, say, Karl Malone or Barkley would.
not saying he is a Malone...I just said I would give him the edge as far as physicality due to the level of play and how the game/rules where of that era...Not to say Duncan is soft...but 80's era bball especially in the post is waaaaaaaaaaaay different then it is nowadays. The stuff you could do and get away with then have you kicked out the league easily.

yea a 3a or 3b on any given night, although I think Duncan had a little more finesse to his game and McHale was more of a power post player...But having 2 outta 3 top interior players teaching cant hurt.

He was pretty much on the finesse side of things with his moves. But dude was like Dean Malenko. Had like 1k moves or something.

Last edited:
Y'all putting McHale over Ewing?
well ewing kinda got away from the post a little later on in his years... that midrange and pick and pop baseline jumper pretty much was his signature and bread and butter. kinda how Malone kinda got away from it and sdid similar with Stockton.

How can that be....dude didn't just fly to la and show up at the staples center and just said hey guys sign me. Obviously la reached out to him....and they flew him out and he met with ownership...kobe/kareem hell probably even magic...and in doing so he stated what he wanted and what he expected....and they also told him what they were willing to do for him

The way yall are basically acting like this didn't happen, I guess in a attempt to absolve the lakers any responsibility is funny.

So either they told him yea we will work with you, kareem will help out and youll be able to try out your post game etc...and they lied.

Or the answer which makes absolutely no since, and defies all logic is they didn't say this, they said your strictly gonna play PnR, we will not help you develop a post game, you will not in any fashion be able to use or try to attempt to do so in the game...the hell with your demands, And despite all that Dwight said cool and signed anyways. 

So base on common sense and logic, they told him one thing...did another, he got mad and decided to leave. No way they told all him this upfront, was completely honest, and he decided to sign anyways.

That's not to say he isn't limited in the post, or absolve him of his deficiencies, but end of the day they didn't even attempt to work with him, or try to help him improve at all. So to knock a guy based on not even given a chance/opportunity to improve and learn is unfair to him.

1.) The Lakers traded for him. They didn't need to court him to come or sign anything, because he had no say.

They did need to court him to stay beyond the first year when his contract expired - but they didn't bother trying very hard because they signed Mike D'Antoni when they could've signed Phil Jackson, who Dwight obviously wanted.

2.) Kareem wasn't with the Lakers in an official capacity, so the Lakers couldn't make a promise to send him over as a coach and develop his post game to use as a featured element of the offense. Dwight met him and said he wanted to work out with him on his own terms - and he didn't follow through by his own terms, at least according to Kareem.

3.) Dwight is supposed to be a superstar center. Even if Kareem, Shaq, and the ghost of Wilt were official employees of the Lakers, the Lakers shouldn't have to be catering to Dwight by sending a series of coaches to develop his game.

4.) If a player needs to have legendary centers come and develop his game... he shouldn't be expecting to be the featured point of the offense.

Last edited:
Heat starting to downgrade due to new CBA. :pimp:hat:pimp:

Battier is gonna have more pressure next year if the Heat want to keep putting that small shooting lineup up there.

um how so akeem averaged 16 points...and ewing 20...Dwight was averaging 24 points so..................... Due to weaker competition one could argue Dwight dominated/dominates even moreso then they did. No one was hailing them the best early in their careers... and clearly their was competition just as good if not better then them in their earlier years.

HOLD UP! where the **** are you getting these stats from?? :lol: you making up things now?

ewings highest point total in a season was 28.6

his career average is 21.0

rooking year 20.0

hakeems highet average in a season was 27.8

career average 21.8

rookie average 20.6

david robinson highest season avg was 29.8

career 21.8

rookie 24.3

shaq highest season was 29.7 and had two other seasons averaging 29 or more

career total of 23.7 which he hurt himself in the last 4 years by hanging on too long

rookie 23.4

now lets look at dwight

his highest career season 22.9

career 18.3

rookie 12.0

SO what the hell were you talking about now? dwight dominating in a weaker era in the nba?

the only thing he has dominated in this nba era is the baby mommas category...

Please God no. Don't want my dude to rot the rest of his career away on a team with no hope
mean.gif
mike miller to okc lol...

"no hope." you're a funny guy

why would the knicks want or even need a mike miller anyway? he really wouldn't add much to the team

you guys really think its a ring chase still if they already have a ring??? :lol:

the definition of ring chasing is because the dude couldnt get a ring so he latches on to a team that possibly can.

miller already gots two rings

HOLD UP! where the **** are you getting these stats from??
laugh.gif
you making up things now?

ewings highest point total in a season was 28.6

his career average is 21.0

rooking year 20.0

hakeems highet average in a season was 27.8

career average 21.8

rookie average 20.6

david robinson highest season avg was 29.8

career 21.8

rookie 24.3

shaq highest season was 29.7 and had two other seasons averaging 29 or more

career total of 23.7 which he hurt himself in the last 4 years by hanging on too long

rookie 23.4

now lets look at dwight

his highest career season 22.9

career 18.3

rookie 12.0

SO what the hell were you talking about now? dwight dominating in a weaker era in the nba?

the only thing he has dominated in this nba era is the baby mommas category...
I stated rookie year...why would I even mention or compare a player career who is done, to a player who is midway thru his career....im not typical nt...im not on some bias well kobe is better then xyz because he got more total points or etc....

I said those guys wasn't putting up those numbers nor was that great offensively in their rookie,first few yrs...and gave you the stats for it. Why would I compare two players rookie beginning careers and use one players highest average in his entire career and then use another players rookie first season? Like how does that even make sense?

I swear yall always do that. Someone can say cp3 is the best pg today, and someone will say something he aint better then magic....magic had waaaaay more career assist, magic got 5 rings, magic played in a better era. magic team was a lot better. Like ok that's all true but what does that have to do with today?

And yes Dwight is dominated/has dominated in a weaker era...If not then who has... Who has been the most dominating center in the last 5 or so years... If not Dwight then who?

Please don't say something crazy like hibbert, or chandler or noah lol. Clearly its Dwight and second place isn't even close. Its Dwight and then its...................................exactly. Yes he maybe limited, and yes he isn't as good as the all-time greats never said he was...what I said is he is the most dominating center in the league today, and he domination as compared to other centers of today is far greater then those other players who had much better/greater competition.

All I stated was d12 in his first few years,,,regardless of how he did it, or regardless of his competition dominated point blank period. He was easily the best center with some ppl saying he was slightly better then a injury prone Bynum. No one said anything about him being a top 50 player of all time, him being some offensive juggernaut, nor some highly skilled offensive player.  

Wouldn't even be mad at that. At least he can contend there.
I was joking but semi serious....I don't see many viable options for him to which he could have a shot, maybe a Chicago or something, but being near the finish line, and just copping a ring and probably looking for another aint to many places he can go, and aint to many places I think would take him.

OKC took another step backwards. You guys really see them making it the WCF?
KD and Russ are damn good though. They already play on their own against a terrible *** coach, very limited single dimension role players, and a center who effectively plays for the other team and still get 60 wins. They'll be right there pending Russ returns to himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom