Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew Gooden joins Mike Miller and Linas Kleiza in the amnesty line today.

Last edited:
It's crazy to think that Shaq could have been better than he was

He actually could have been significantly better than he was, IMO, at least as a defender and rebounder. If Shaq had Kobe or MJ's drive and work ethic, it wouldn't even have been fair.

I always say I think Shaq was the biggest disappointment in league history

Just because of what he COULD'VE been dude should have owned the league for 10yrs I'm talkin 7 rings 4-6mvps 5 dpoys the fact he never lead the league in rebounding speaks volumes in my eyes

Still a fan tho dude was still awesome

He actually could have been significantly better than he was, IMO, at least as a defender and rebounder. If Shaq had Kobe or MJ's drive and work ethic, it wouldn't even have been fair.
It already wasn't fair when he was focused.  Considering their talents, it's amazing Kobe would be considered greater than Shaq this many years later.  But yeah, his work ethic was very lacking.

He would have been the best center to ever play without a doubt, he had all the tools but he wa constantly out of shape and concerned with off the court ****. How he wasn't winning DPOY and MVP every other year with his physical gifts and skill set still doesn't make sense to me.

^@buc em definitely. one thing bynum had over dwight is intelligence. even tho he was raw it was great watching him develop early on because he would make a mistake one game and maybe the next and then you could see him consciously adjust and never make that mistake again

Except for when Bynum would get double-teamed, he'd turn into complete mush as if he's never played basketball in his life.

:frown: long live da god Mike Miller

Last edited:
Shoeleyeesss??? I don't know how its spelled but that would be who
wrong please cut and paste where I said he was as skilled as any of these players.... and that his offensive game was rival or better then them...If I said that...not some oh well you didn't say it persay but that's what you meant type ish....but I said d12 was on the level of shaq/akeem etc... in terms of offensive skill set....I will retire my name and leave NT

Dwight will never be as good as Shaq or Hakeem.

What people are missing is that it doesn't matter.  If he were 75% of that it would be enough to win multiple championships.  He doesn't need to be those guys.

Dwight shouldn't be in the same sentence as Shaq, Hakeem, David Robinson, Wilt, Kareem, Moses none of em

Dudes game hasn't really matured at all and yet him and a couple delusional cats on here think he's gonna make this magical jump at almost 30

Dudes need to worry about him getting back to being Dwight before ya'll start looking into this make believe future where he's this Hakeem+Shaq cyborg
never said he was...I said lets give him a chance before writing him off is what I said...

You wanna talk delusional.... damn near all of yall made this shrine/ode/montage thread about Jeremy Lin, and how good/great of a player he could be based on having a week of ok/decent games...despite him showing NO sign what so ever that he could even be a decent player.....

And here we are a year or so later, dude is arguably the worst starting pg in his conference and hell not that far from being the worst starting pg in the league....

So if me saying d12, working with akeem and McHale, has a shot at becoming a better offensive player...then yall with the whole Jeremy Lin could be good/great player for years talk should be locked up and put in a padded room.

I always say I think Shaq was the biggest disappointment in league history

Just because of what he COULD'VE been dude should have owned the league for 10yrs I'm talkin 7 rings 4-6mvps 5 dpoys the fact he never lead the league in rebounding speaks volumes in my eyes

Still a fan tho dude was still awesome
iuno bout all that dude possibly could have been the greatest center....but he still is a top 5 easily...so I still think he do alright. If anyone was a disappointment off the top of my head is Rasheed Wallace. Dude could've maybe been best pf of all time.... now dude isn't even a top 50 player... and I don't even think hell make the hof...well atleast not the first go round.

iuno bout all that dude possibly could have been the greatest center....but he still is a top 5 easily...so I still think he do alright. If anyone was a disappointment off the top of my head is Rasheed Wallace. Dude could've maybe been best pf of all time.... now dude isn't even a top 50 player... and I don't even think hell make the hof...well atleast not the first go round.

Well said on both.

wrong please cut and paste where I said he was as skilled as any of these players.... and that his offensive game was rival or better then them...If I said that...not some oh well you didn't say it persay but that's what you meant type ish....but I said d12 was on the level of shaq/akeem etc... in terms of offensive skill set....I will retire my name and leave NT

If I wasn't on active duty at the moment with spotty *** signal I'd multi quote you. However you said about two to three pages ago he was comparable to shaq as far as dominance and that's flat out false. Let me find it though while I can

Last edited:
what I find ironic in yall statement is the fact that he is on a team, and getting training by akeem...a player who wasn't very offensively savvy early on in his career.... Yall act like akeem was dream shaking dudes right out the gate... Dude was basically a towering defensive power house easily first 6/7 years or so if his career.

Then there is ewing... Dude was basically mutombo all of the 80's and really didn't develop the step back jumper...and most of his post moves until early/mid 90's, Shaq didn't really improve dramtically until the early 2000's with the lakers...

Good wasn't social media back then....dudes woulda been saying the dream, ewing, and shaq would remain who they are never to improve and just be dominant just because of their size.

So 3 of the top centers in the league, who were basically like D12, the first half of their respective careers did it....yet it is basically out of the realm of possibility, for Dwight. Not to mention neither of them had the luxury of getting trained/working with a all-time great center all did it.

Here it is. Since I'm making things up. This is what started it btw you did compare their offensive games so will you be retiring that sn?

I'm waiting on "Welcome back to your 2nd home Mike Miller"

Called it a few days ago for him to come back.

Last edited:
when you think of top centers of the last 20 years , dwight might not even be top 5

hakeem

shaq

robinson

alonzo

ewing

mutombo

>>>>>>

Last edited:
Heat getting cheap. Step 1
smokin.gif
just dont make the same mistake the lakers made with dwight , cant get too cocky

Heat getting cheap. Step 1 :smokin
They're still in the luxury tax and have been the last 3 yrs. Amnestying Miller saves them almost 17million in salary and tax the next 2 seasons, for an oft injured player who really isn't worth it.

Cheap is a team refusing to use amnesty on it's worst player/contract, being forced instead to send talent away for half a cent on the dollar and surround an expensive core of 3 somewhat worth it players with a bunch of rookies and not pursuing any helpful FAs while their competitiors get better because they refuse to touch the tax line. I don't expect Ibaka to finish his contract out here either, they'll trade him as KD and Russ's contracts balloon

They're still in the luxury tax and have been the last 3 yrs. Amnestying Miller saves them almost 17million in salary and tax the next 2 seasons, for an oft injured player who really isn't worth it.

Cheap is a team refusing to use amnesty on it's worst player/contract, being forced instead to send talent away for half a cent on the dollar and surround an expensive core of 3 somewhat worth it players with a bunch of rookies and not pursuing any helpful FAs while their competitiors get better because they refuse to touch the tax line. I don't expect Ibaka to finish his contract out here either, they'll trade him as KD and Russ's contracts balloon
Already hating on your team.  I guess you got to enjoy a few years of perfect management so that you could be a fan. 

Here it is. Since I'm making things up. This is what started it btw you did compare their offensive games so will you be retiring that sn?
where did I say they were equal in offensive ability.......? I didn't even once use the word offensive ability... What I said was none of them were all that great in terms of offensive skill set..and it was their natural talent that made the dominant. Which was true.... I like how you didn't post where I copied and pasted ewings bio....to which it said he wasn't a very good offensive player coming into the league due to Thompson focusing on defense and never really developing his offensive game....

And neither was akeem...he was quick and nimble and had good footwork...due to his many years of soccer...but has far shooting etc...post moves such as hook etc.. he wasn't all that great either coming into the league....

Then you guys starting posting up all time greatest numbers....well into those players prime... to which had nothing to due with their early stages in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom