Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know i always wondered why no team wanted to trade kg for kwame brown. or smush parker, chris mihm and a second rounder for ray allen.

oh wait we got pau and ended up in the finals 3 straight years.

who cares

you act as if boston didn't luck into how good rondo and perkins were going to be during their championship run. people on here were talking like "all rondo needs to do is hit an open jumper, and perkins needs to grab rebounds". there was even a video posted on here that showed rondo losing to austin rivers in a jump shooting contest when rivers was in jr high or high school :lol:

miami was able to do that with cap space, but i guess that must be the exception.

people talk as if the lakers haven't won anything in a decade. the lakers were just in the finals 3 years ago. but hey, lets single out kobe. as if your boy ron artest didn't hit him up and say he wants to play with him to get a ring.

but hey, if its convenient for you.
ron artest isn't a superstar....you basically saying lets see over the last few decades, barkley, prime rodman, pippen, dominque, a few others, tmac, LeBron, amare, melo, deron Williams, the list goes on...all really wanted to play for la, but it was because of cap space and them winning was the reason despite a lot of these guys went to teams that were winning..... Hell pippen/barkley went to a Houston team that recently won back to back chips...

Last big superstar who up and came to la was lew alcinder, and hell for awhile he was even pissed at the lakers.

coincidentally the only players on your list who have rings are lebron, pippen, and rodman.

lebron joined miami via cap space.

pippen. drafted (via trade). rodman. via trade. neither of which have won rings after leaving chicago.

you're right, though. lakers must be doing something wrong.

And there lies the problem, your bias or should I say grew accustom to it being from there. I been there and Boston is a different kind of racist. Its more of a in advert/covert kinda racist. 

But to boston chances of being a lower seed in the playoffs...its not out of the realm of possibility. The team that they have could easily be a 40-50% win team that could put them in a lower seed. I mean didn't Milwaukee get in winning 41% of their games at like 36-38 games.

Are guys really saying boston will be a less than 30 win team? Really..... Out of all the teams that didn't make it, who got better to which could get in? Cleveland and possibly maybe Detroit. Other then that none of the other teams who didn't make it haven't did anything leaps and bounds to make the playoffs and for Boston not to make it. 

No doubt, but what you described is not just a Boston thing, its in any northern city. The stigma exist because of the history, but I'm sure when a player makes a decision personal experiance trumps all.

I've been to many cities and Boston is no real different than the other one up north.

you know i always wondered why no team wanted to trade kg for kwame brown. or smush parker, chris mihm and a second rounder for ray allen.

oh wait we got pau and ended up in the finals 3 straight years.

who cares

You bring up a good point...

2008 Lakers: over the cap, get Pau Gasol for existing trash because Memphis wants to move on and rebuild.
2013 Nets: over the cap, get Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce for existing trash because Boston wants to move on and rebuild.

They are the same circumstances.

And yet one is "robbery," while the other is an example of an owner "who isn't even from this country" spending money on brining players in to help them win just like they've done "time and time again"?

Last edited:
i dont see why the lakers would go for big superstars post shaq. We had prime kobe who was the best in the league at the time and obviosly wanted to build around him. Put the perfect supporting cast around him and traded for pau and u got 3 finals appearances. Its crazy how quick dudes forget, we were jus the team to beat a few years ago. Every summer teams were gearing up, building a team to try to beat the lakers like teams are doing for miami.

coincidentally the only players on your list who have rings are lebron, pippen, and rodman.

pippen. drafted (via trade). rodman. via trade. neither of which have won rings after leaving chicago.

never said they did anything wrong...I even said they up until now had the best management last few decades...

example if the bobcats some how get good drafts make good trades for mid level players etc...... and become championship caliber team....that doesn't change the fact a lotta superstars didn't wanna play for them,

hell another example.... rondo openly admitted he would never play for the heat, so if the heat went after him and he didn't sign I guess it is because of cap space right?

NO dude just doesn't wanna play for them period...is it because the heat suck...no the back to back champs... same instance for the lakers...

Its some places for whatever reason some ppl don't wanna play, could it be kobe, the new ownership hell might be a little of all that, or could be a player said I hated the lakers growing up and always wanted to beat them.

But to say every person wants to play in la and the only reason they cant is cause of cap space, and them always winning is a little fanboyish and bias.

ill give an example....in the 90's a many of players did not want to play for the bulls...was it because of cap space NO...It was they didn't want to play with Jordan and they wanted to go out and beat the bulls.

Is it so unrealistic that some players feel the same way about the lakers? I mean you already got folks saying that about LeBron and the heat....

there no playoffs in the celtics future...
no big c's fan but they might ill give them a low to mid 30 win season...and hell that was good enough last year. unless you suggesting they will be a 20 possibly teen numbers win team..either that or all of a sudden every east team wins go up by like 10-15 wins

But to say every person wants to play in la and the only reason they cant is cause of cap space, and them always winning is a little fanboyish and bias.

if this was all you were trying to get at, then i agree. i don't think every player wants to come to LA. but from your posts, you were suggesting that no superstar wants to play for LA and that LA's front office was inept in signing big names.

ill give an example....in the 90's a many of players did not want to play for the bulls...was it because of cap space NO...It was they didn't want to play with Jordan and they wanted to go out and beat the bulls.

Is it so unrealistic that some players feel the same way about the lakers? I mean you already got folks saying that about LeBron and the heat....

dudes aint bulit like that anymore they wanna coast to chips & party hard afterward

Last edited:

dudes aint bulit like that anymore they wanna coast to chips & party hard afterward

Doesn't mean much when you say it your team has benefited from guys taking less

Oh? I seem to remember this going a little differently. Like you starting off with this:

No superstar has played (where played and stayed) nor has wanted to go to the lakers since shaq left...what 10 years...

And then people pointing out that the absence of cap space is the reason why.

Then you're the one who pretended to know what the players were thinking in their own heads, which is why they wouldn't sign with the team even if they did have cap space:

from a financial standpoint yea...but I mean from a players perspective....and them regardless of finances has never desired or mentioned they wanted to play there. Like random questions of players....if you could play anywhere where would you wanna play. Outside of ppl from the town...no one ever says lakers/Celtics... Like where did you dream you wanna play at...folks be like well Chicago cause I was a Jordan fan, or Orlando cause I grew up liking Penny...things like that.

My point is the whole historic, I want to follow in the history of legacies etc...appeal to teams like that is gone. Cats don't care anymore. Its all about either, who paying me the most, or who can pay me the most and can get players around me so I can win a chip.

Hell if the bobcats had the money and resources to get a superstar and surround him with a championship caliber team...99% of the NBA would take it. Rare do you see dudes do things like metta world peace did and say hey, regardless of everything I wanna play for the knicks and try to make them a winner.

I mean its kinda sad, but I aint even made at these cats trying to get paid...but long go a player of like a LeBron or a Durant etc... who opts out and says im going to iuno Detroit because I grew up watching the bad boys and always wanted to be like them...and did so regardless of money/chances of winning.

And that's why I say those type of teams have trouble drawing superstars....they usually stay relevant enough to never get a good draft pick, or don't have enough money to draw a big name.

And when they do hit their "slump" years cats be like man hell with that im trying to get to this money.

example if the bobcats some how get good drafts make good trades for mid level players etc...... and become championship caliber team....that doesn't change the fact a lotta superstars didn't wanna play for them,

hell another example.... rondo openly admitted he would never play for the heat, so if the heat went after him and he didn't sign I guess it is because of cap space right?

NO dude just doesn't wanna play for them period...is it because the heat suck...no the back to back champs... same instance for the lakers...

Its some places for whatever reason some ppl don't wanna play, could it be kobe, the new ownership hell might be a little of all that, or could be a player said I hated the lakers growing up and always wanted to beat them.

I just find it funny there are so many anti-Laker, anti-Celtic, anti-Heat, anti-Lebron, anti-Kobe, anti-Whatever fans who dream up these things in their own head about what players must be thinking and what must be happening, and then that just makes them angrier. Even though it's all hearsay or in their head. Like the dude who said Kobe must be orchestrating and on his knees begging and it makes him sick how spoiled the Lakers are.

Sure. Dwight left because he didn't wanna play with Kobe and because the Lakers wouldn't give him what he wanted, whether they said they would or not. Rondo says he'd never play for Miami, one of his rivals.

You know what that says? It says Dwight left because he didn't wanna play with Kobe and because the Lakers wouldn't give him what he wanted, whether they said they would or not, and Rondo would never play for Miami, one of his rivals. That's it.

If you got a team you like, go worry about them. Stop trying to validate your dislike for a team or its fanbase by reading into **** and creating a problem from it. "The Lakers didn't have cap space, so they couldn't sign any stars anyway." "Oh, you think every player on earth just wants to sign with the Lakers don't you? That's fanboyish and biased." And then taking those twisted words and saying Laker fans and management are "literally spitting on the grave of a great owner."

There are arrogant and stupid Laker fans who think Lebron has to sign there cause WE THE LAKERS OBVIOUSLY. There are Knicks fans who think the same about every player too. Even some Nuggets and Warriors and Bulls and Pelicans fans will think that about a free agent if they have the cap space.

Last edited:
It should be like that tho. U should wanna beat player a and player b not join them. Thats one of the main reasons i hate miami

i dont see why the lakers would go for big superstars post shaq. We had prime kobe who was the best in the league at the time and obviosly wanted to build around him. Put the perfect supporting cast around him and traded for pau and u got 3 finals appearances. Its crazy how quick dudes forget, we were jus the team to beat a few years ago. Every summer teams were gearing up, building a team to try to beat the lakers like teams are doing for miami.

I'm saying.

shoelyesses you all over the place my dude.

Why would the Lakers sign any big name superstars when your right in the middle of 3 straight finals runs. They didn't need to sign anybody. Now we are garbage and we do need to sign players so we'll see how next off-season plays out.

Last edited:
fisher, artest, odom...all significant role players that signed up to play with kobe... steve nash...pau calling him his best friend...3 guys taking less money to play with him this year without a realistic chance of a trophy....yall really gonna let nelly influence your basketball opinion? :lol:

Dude is pissed. They had to cut the video short.
You can see the anger in his eyes. I'll never understand this though, dudes should be happy, theyre getting millions to play basketball. Even though he just got moved from a title contender to a graveyard, if that was me I would be smiling like no other regardless of what team I play for. He should be looking at this as an opportunity to put up numbers.

Tyler, we're going to shoot this little spot for you to introduce yourself,

and uh.....You'll be playin with Rudy Gay, and action!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl:

That dude is absolutely comin up with a quad strain in November and sitting out til April. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom