Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
monta is monta. he is what he is. moving him somewhere else aint gonna inject new life in him

Truth.

Monta would be much more valuable to a team once he realizes his best role for a team is to come off the bench. IMO just too much of a tweener to be any championship contending teams 2guard

:lol: @ Atkins hating playing with Kobe. No one likes playing with Kobe, its hard, but if your someone like him you should be more grateful. If anything he should of been happy it made him relevant. I can guarantee you the name Chucky Atkins would not be brought up one single time by any NT'er in the entire year of 2013 if he hadnt played with Kobe.

He was probably good friends with Smush :lol:
I want to make so many analogies to what you said, but I know they will be taken the wrong way

Make them.
I'm on a train ride passing boring *** Bakersfield, I need entertainment.
It involved horrible abuse by a rich, fancy benefactor like douche but infact, the victim should maybe be grateful for the care and stuff that they get from staying in the relationship.

Kobe, douche of a teammate, likely a whack friend, maybe even a lame human being? Or Possibly a horrible husband???? I don't know.

but regardless, people in his life should be thankful and grateful to have him part of their careers/lives because of how the 'victims' benefit from having Kobe around

anyways, I don't feel like making any analogies anymore cuz they'd probably just be in bad taste

where did this Bron to Lakers rumor come from?

CP
Essential

Monta Ellis over the past few years has looked like a 6'2 Rudy Gay with better playmaking skills. That is, he occasionally now takes it to the basket, but more often than not finds himself shooting terrible 3's and long contested 2's that end up bricking.

While he's a solid creator off the bounce, he's grown more and more reluctant to touch the paint. He stlll does, but not nearly as often as he used to.

As someone else stated in this thread, he's too small to be a viable 2nd option on a winning team at this point in his career. 6th man style would be best. Dallas replaced with him with OJ but lose OJ's ability to space the floor which in theory is better to work with in regards to playing with Dirk.

While Monta is an upgrade over OJ, it won't be enough to stop them from being 8th to 10th in the conference.

Well, it'll at least be the first time he played with a coach that has any sort of structure to his system and Carlisle has gotten Vince to buy into a role nobody ever thought he would... He had a lot of success with Terry that way, too.

And Jose will be the first PG he's played with that wasn't a shoot-first chucker... Will be interesting to see how he reacts to playing with a real distributor.

I'm not counting on anything, but he CAN be a useful piece if they're able to get a few more pieces to put around what they've got right now... I mean, the Mavs won a title with JET as their only other legitimate scorer, and Monta is better than Terry probably ever was.

Last edited:
He averaged 19 and 6 on a playoff team and dropped 30+ eight different times just this past season. What a bum.

Last edited:
On 41/28/77. Between Nick Young and Monta you just have a thing for basketball players who range from terrible to mediocre.

Last edited:
He averaged 19 and 6 on a playoff team and dropped 30+ eight different times just this past season. What a bum.

Playoff team :lol:

A playoff team that was six games under .500.

He had 4+ turnovers 25 times.

Had more turnovers than assists 11 times.

Shot under 30% 10 times.

He is an inefficient basketball player.

So Paul George is a RFA next summer so why the talk about him turning down Kobe and the Lakers? Was he on a LA radio show and just played to the audience? I don't see him leaving at all unless the Lakers miss out on Melo and just over pay for PG

I feel Melo is gone. Amare locked in for another year. Don't know if people are willing to play with Melo when you have Bron in Miami. Melo better off in L.A. plus for LaLa's career.

Bron stays, Bosh stays, Wade of course stays but takes less.

A lot of good veterans to fill out a team. What if Zbo wants out of Memphis? Then Marc wants out...Lakers? Pau and Marc together?

Chill I vouched for Nick Young only BEFORE last season because he signed with the Sixers and I thought he could be a 6'6 version of Lou Williams for us :lol:

So Paul George is a RFA next summer so why the talk about him turning down Kobe and the Lakers? Was he on a LA radio show and just played to the audience? I don't see him leaving at all unless the Lakers miss out on Melo and just over pay for PG

I feel Melo is gone. Amare locked in for another year. Don't know if people are willing to play with Melo when you have Bron in Miami. Melo better off in L.A. plus for LaLa's career.

Bron stays, Bosh stays, Wade of course stays but takes less.

A lot of good veterans to fill out a team. What if Zbo wants out of Memphis? Then Marc wants out...Lakers? Pau and Marc together?

Indy will absolutely NOT let him out of their grasp.

Paul George will leave. No one wants to stay in Indiana.. No one!!!

They fans barely care about the Pacers. Hoosiers get more love...

hes both. monta ellis have it all
laugh.gif
that should be a song title

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom