Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh I wish I didn't have to hear arguments about Dwight for the rest of my life. The guy didn't like Kobe, the Lakers are a team full of old business first guys on their last legs while the Rockets are a bunch of young players that more so match his personality and he straight up didn't like D'Antoni. That's why he left the Lakers. Not because of "the pressure". End story.

Absolutely.

Make no mistake, I am not making excuses for why he did or didn't stay. He was a free agent, I have no problem with what Dwight did. He didn't like MDA, Kobe, Pau, Nash, Mitch, LA, but liked Harden, Morey, and Kevin, I'm fine with that. He had the right to choose where he wanted to go. I wish him well and I think he'll have a big year this year. I'm on record.

But I'm not gonna sit and listen to these Nelly ***** tell me "the lights are the same in LA as in New York or wherever". No **** the lights are similar in LA and New York Nelly, the lights the same in Idaho you stupid ************? :lol: You get all excited about your concerts in Cheyenne Wyoming as you do in Times Square? :lol:

These guys in here tellin me the pressure is the same in Houston as LA, get the hell on with that. The Clippers play IN THE SAME CITY as us, think the pressure is same for the Clips, as the Lakers? :lol:

That's all I was refuting. Dwight is fine in my book. He did nothing wrong, hell he flew to us to tell us face to face. Stand up move in my book. But these dudes in here tellin me the pressure to win is the same in whatever city, nah, I can't jive with that.

Ugh I wish I didn't have to hear arguments about Dwight for the rest of my life. The guy didn't like Kobe, the Lakers are a team full of old business first guys on their last legs while the Rockets are a bunch of young players that more so match his personality and he straight up didn't like D'Antoni. That's why he left the Lakers. Not because of "the pressure". End story.

Exactly. Case closed.

and Westbrook is better than Monta at every single other facet of the game
Wasn't we just talking about 3 pts we already settle that Westbrook is better than monta. I said that he was one of two point guards that scored more points and better fg percentage than monta. What was the point in saying that??
I think monta still has a better skill set than Westbrook. Dude still learning the game.

Last edited:
"Pressure" is such an ambiguous term man. Far too ambiguous to try and prove honestly.

So it doesn't exsist? First two minutes of a game are exactly the same as the last two minutes of the game?

I need something to prove that the "pressure" is different in those moments?

Now, the importance of the first two minutes vs the last two minutes can be argued and noted that they play the same. 1 point early, and 1 point late can be viewed the same. Sure.

But the pressure of those moments, when it's 2-0 and when it's 89-88, that's the same thing? Come on now. :lol:

^^^ Speaking of new lows, this morning I heard an LA sports talk station run a promo about LeBron coming to the Lakers in 2014. I mean, I know it's kind of a slow time of the year for sports, but really? You want to get people to listen to your station based on something that can't happen for a year and is pretty unlikely? SMH.

honestly, the W's did monta wrong by getting rid of the vets like baron, jackson, etc. dude was never suppose to be a number one scoring option but had to fill that role. similar to jamal crawford, he should be a scorer off the bench for a quality team.

Cari Champion was about to cry :lol:

"Don't bet against us in 2014"

Lakers won't be bad enough to get Wiggins, Parker, Randle or Gordon, so Laker fans really believe Lebron will go to LA? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

They're gonna be hurt more than Knicks fans in 2010.

Last edited:
aaron brooks on his third stint with the rockets :lol:
h-town strippers :nerd:

dude is still young, dont understand why there isnt a "demand" for him.

Last edited:
Let me get this straight. So according to some people's logic, A-Rod also had the same pressure to win in Seattle and Texas that he had with Yankees.

:rofl:

What skills does Westbrook have over monta. Westbrook just now figuring out his jumper and floater. Westbrook needs to work on his footwork for the future.
What skills does Westbrook have over monta. Westbrook just now figuring out his jumper and floater. Westbrook needs to work on his footwork for the future.

Westbrook is just a better/ more consistent basketball player and a beast on defense, pau has more "skills" than dwight, but you wouldnt take him over dwight

The pressure to win on the Lakers is on par with the Yankees and Patriots. If you don't win a championship every year it's a failure. That still doesn't have to do with why he left but I will admit that.

So it doesn't exsist? First two minutes of a game are exactly the same as the last two minutes of the game?

I need something to prove that the "pressure" is different in those moments?

Now, the importance of the first two minutes vs the last two minutes can be argued and noted that they play the same. 1 point early, and 1 point late can be viewed the same. Sure.

But the pressure of those moments, when it's 2-0 and when it's 89-88, that's the same thing? Come on now. :lol:

:lol: nah what I was referring to is this "pressure" that dwight ran from when he chose to dip on lal. As if there isn't any pressure on him to win in H Town. Who determines that kind of "pressure?" Like how do you identify "that" kind of pressure?

The pressure you're referring to is easy to see. I get that. The last two minutes of a game is magnified due to the inevitable end of a game. Multiply that by the threat od your season ending if you come up short? Yeah that's definitely pressure. Thats actually tangible.

This perceived pressure dwight ran from in la though? I don't see the tangibleness of it at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom