Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

With SA and Dallas as the other 2 teams, aint nothing wrong with that, however we were in the middle for 3-4 years. Yall will be competing with sacramento as the worst team, while we stomp yall everytime we play next year.
Not a chance, granted for one year we'll be behind gs and lac, but 2014 and beyond, we'll be stomping on them, and yall as always..

and SA will be stomping on yall as usual. 

laugh.gif

Last edited:
Is something going to happen in 2014 that Im not aware of? Dont tell me the rockets are winning it all in 2014, Im already aware of that.

whats Plan B for Lakerland if they strike out on Lebron and Melo?

Safe bet we whiff on LeBron (at which point the media will try to bury us forever given that two major stars turned us down)

I do think there's a chance for Melo to come out, but who knows?

If they miss out, they'll try to gather any younger/lesser tier guys they can get and go for the 2015 class of Rondo, Love, LaMarcus, Marc Gasol etc.

Alot depends on this year too. If we tank and nab a top 5 pick, that's block 1, if we somehow make it close as a 8-9 seed and get the 14th pick, that's a big drop off and changes how agresive they might be without both Bron or Melo.

In the end, I think we're lookin at a top 8ish pick, Melo comes in, Kobe re-signs (maybe Pau too) they stretch provision Nash, and then try to add another Max guy in 2015 or wait in the wings as a sign and trade team like Houston did with Harden.

It's impossible to say the Lakers or any team will be on top again in a year, 2, 3 or whatever

But it's safe to say they won't be in the dumps for too long. It's just a matter if they'll make it back to the top or not quite.

Lebron *might* wanna come, Melo *might*... or they might not. But as long as the Lakers have money, year after year there will be stars who *might* wanna come. Eventually one or two will. It might be the first (Lebron and/or Melo); it might be the next batch; it might be 3 years later.

Even though Dwight left... it took them out of contention (not that they were there anyway)... but it didn't put them in a giant hole or doom them forever or whatever the anti-Laker fans wanna make it seem. There will always be players that want to play in LA, or for a historic franchise, or for a team because Magic played for them, or reasons like that.

Last edited:
What's happening 2014?
*every laker fan response* 

capspace 
laugh.gif

No but honestly, presumably we'll be pretty bad this year, so we get a top 15 pick a in a loaded draft class, and then resign kobe and pau for cheap.

Realistically probably strike out on Lebron.

possibly get melo, take a crack at a ring with that core.

then make a run a durant in 2016.

I mean when everyone is off the books you have alot of flexibility  

the heat will be competative next year as will the knicks on a smaller scale

so i dont think any of them are going ANYWHERE in 2014

MAYBE 2015 when things get noticeably bad...ie wades knees, amare's contract etc

this is in the event that the lakers get a jabari,wiggins,randle,harrison,gordon,smart

and one of those performs phenomenally their rookie year

other than that i think everybody stays put in 2014

#onlyreasonablelakerfan

It's impossible to say the Lakers or any team will be on top again in a year, 2, 3 or whatever

But it's safe to say they won't be in the dumps for too long. It's just a matter if they'll make it back to the top or not quite.

Lebron *might* wanna come, Melo *might*... or they might not. But as long as the Lakers have money, year after year there will be stars who *might* wanna come. Eventually one or two will. It might be the first (Lebron and/or Melo); it might be the next batch; it might be 3 years later.

Even though Dwight left... it took them out of contention (not that they were there anyway)... but it didn't put them in a giant hole or doom them forever or whatever the anti-Laker fans wanna make it seem. There will always be players that want to play in LA, or for a historic franchise, or for a team because Magic played for them, or reasons like that.
I agree with you, within 5-7 years they'll be one of the better teams again, but most Laker fans are acting like it's a guaranteed thing that in 2014 they'll be a top 5 team in the West again.

Last edited:
whats Plan B for Lakerland if they strike out on Lebron and Melo?
im curious what they will do... I mean I lot of folks think they will bounce back based on the history of what they have done, but that history was with the father and not the son... I mean what has Jim Buss done in his little tenure that shows lakers fans, he can turn things around...(especially 2014) so soon? Yea I know he isn't the only person in the office but it does begin and end all with him.

*every laker fan response* 

capspace 
laugh.gif

No but honestly, presumably we'll be pretty bad this year, so we get a top 15 pick a in a loaded draft class, and then resign kobe and pau for cheap.

Realistically probably strike out on Lebron.

possibly get melo, take a crack at a ring with that core.

then make a run a durant in 2016.

I mean when everyone is off the books you have alot of flexibility  
Ok now that's reasonable, but still what reason do we have to believe that Melo would leave NY.. and even if he did.. Melo has never been a playoff winner and let's not act like a 36 year old Kobe and Pau will make him one.

Any pics or video of the Bynum presser? I wanna see what his hair looks like this time.

Ok now that's reasonable, but still what reason do we have to believe that Melo would leave NY.. and even if he did.. Melo has never been a playoff winner and let's not act like a 36 year old Kobe and Pau will make him one.
Melo having no options in New York.

Losing in the first or second round every year.

I mean him and Kobe are good friends.

and 36 year old kobe is still better than alot of players. Jordan got better with age, no reason to believe that Kobe won't either, even with his achilles. 

Pau probably will still be serviceable.

and they can still surround those three with one more piece considering the only max guy is melo. 

not only that with the roster they have, that team as far as personnel goes isn't a better overall team then the knicks, plus they on the west coast...other teams are younger and getting better, plus has pieces in place to get even better. Even if you were to add somehow melo this year, with this current roster is still a lower seed playoff team. Its like saying we a 8/9 seed now and adding melo makes us possibly a 6 seed. Which is still a first round....maybe a second round bounce and out. 

Melo having no options in New York.
Losing in the first or second round every year.
I mean him and Kobe are good friends.
and 36 year old kobe is still better than alot of players. Jordan got better with age, no reason to believe that Kobe won't either, even with his achilles. 
Pau probably will still be serviceable.
and they can still surround those three with one more piece considering the only max guy is melo. 

I'll add two
1. Can't beat Lebron.. (Why there is rumors that he wants to play with Lebron or move West.. No opportunity for it in NY or MIA.. Also the reason Lakers want them both)
2. Lack there of, of cap space in New York

Last edited:
the heat will be competative next year as will the knicks on a smaller scale

so i dont think any of them are going ANYWHERE in 2014

MAYBE 2015 when things get noticeably bad...ie wades knees, amare's contract etc

this is in the event that the lakers get a jabari,wiggins,randle,harrison,gordon,smart

and one of those performs phenomenally their rookie year

other than that i think everybody stays put in 2014

#onlyreasonablelakerfan
I don't even see how they could draft that high...with as so many bad teams (especially in the e.c.) seeing the draft order is based on wins/lost....hell top 15 probably be majority eastern teams...so if they do get a 1st round pick, it be in the 20's. I mean I don't really follow college but is next year draft going to be that strong that you can get a game changer in the teens/twenties?

Ben Mac is having literally the worst preseason from a lotto pick that i've personally ever seen :lol: he's a much better player than what he's showcasing though.

And as i'm typing this he puts someone on a poster!! :wow: :wow:

Last edited:
and 36 year old kobe is still better than alot of players. Jordan got better with age
common misconception.... his last 3 years with the bulls his

free throw percentage

field goal percentage 

efficiency 

3 point percentage

all dropped every single year from 1995-1998 ....along with assist , steals , rebounds etc

jordan also only played 13 seasons with the bulls and kobe is on 17 heading to 18 with a torn achilles

minutes played

michael jordan 41011

kobe bryant 45390

also take into account jordan got 2 years of rest on his legs

Last edited:
common misconception.... his last 3 years with the bulls his

free throw percentage

field goal percentage 

efficiency 

3 point percentage

all dropped every single year from 1995-1998 ....along with assist , steals , rebounds etc

jordan also only played 13 seasons with the bulls and kobe is on 17 heading to 18 with a torn achilles
Well damn 
laugh.gif

I guess we'll see.

Father time never loses, but I wonder if Kobe can swing one more haymaker before he has to give in.. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom