Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know some big names are showing up here and there for Jamal Crawford's league (Blake Griffin, Kevin Durant). No official announcements as to when they'll show up. It's all a surprise.

Prediction....midway through the season or after the season the Rockets will trade Parsons and a couple of their other young assets to get a 3rd star.

Or....after the season they'll trade every contract worth a decent amount of money besides Harden, Dwight and Parsons and try to get in the derby for one of the big 2014 free agents.

Last edited:
no idea why anyone thought Rose was gonna play. the only time we will see him on the court if the for the Bulls especially after missing over a year he aint gonna make his first come back in a little league.

Prediction....midway through the season or after the season the Rockets will trade Parsons and a couple of their other young assets to get a 3rd star.

Would be a lot of assets considering Parsons only gets paid $900K.

No.. No one will take Lin.

Jonas
Kanter
Favors
Biyombo

I'm going to need at least 2/4 of my favorite, young big men to make a nice leap this season. Biyombo will probably need another season, so I'm expecting Jonas and Kanter/Favors.

Or....after the season they'll trade every contract worth a decent amount of money besides Harden, Dwight and Parsons and try to get in the derby for one of the big 2014 free agents.

obviously, harden and dwight are untouchable. morey could get a bigger star with parsons and a big contract (lin or asik). as good as parson is and his low salary, i wouldnt be surprise to see morey trade him. they have been racking up trade assets and are finally able to land some bigger names.

Jonas is gonna beast. Favors should have good numbers. Biyombo could put up like 8 points, 8 rebounds and 2 blocks. Not sure about Kanter.

Is there anywhere that tracks personal fouls on a deeper level? I feel like Kanter and Jonas got into early foul trouble a lot and it could be a small issue.

Last edited:

Would be a lot of assets considering Parsons only gets paid $900K.

No.. No one will take Lin.

unless Parsons makes a big leap this season then i think someone would def take Lin in order to get Parson but i dont see it happening.

I wouldn't trade Parsons, you don't need 3 stars to win a title when you have two guys who are top 3 at their position

"If" Parson's takes a big leap the production they'd be getting at that extremely modest price would be too good to concede to another organization.

At least at that point in time.

Last edited:
If Lin can't look capable now, then there's no hope. I actually have a good feeling about him this season. I think the PnR's with Lin/Harden/Howard are going to be nice to watch.

I don't know, I think it's hard to compare Kanter directly to Favors since Kanter is a prototypical center and Favors is a 4. 

I'm not sure who I'd rather have though. I can see Kanter being a Pekovic type, sound about right?

lin will be better. his strong suit was PnR and having howard will definitely help. he really would just need to improve his perimeter shooting and he'd be ok for this team.

as for parsons, he isn't going anywhere. so let's kill that talk right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom