Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think Simmons is ESPN counter to Chuck since Stern kinda stop ESPN from hiring SVG.

I enjoy Simmons he mad the draft a bit funner. He was the total fan and he just analzyed all the picks down the road like most fans do.

"Pouring a 40 out for Block Party" :lol: and the Anthony Bennet "Wow"

The second unit looking quite balanced and strong for the Grizzlies...Kuofos, Davis, Pondexter, Bayless and I guess Wroten.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 8m
Whole NBA treats CP3's return to Clips on five-year max as done deal. Only one of LA's two unrestricted mega FAs will be courted this July

:D

The second unit looking quite balanced and strong for the Grizzlies...Kuofos, Davis, Pondexter, Bayless and I guess Wroten.

I honestly don't think Bayless is staying. Its a possibility, but Hollinger stressed the need for outside shooting, getting a center and someone who can create. Franklin can create some, but they still would have to address the need of outside shooting.

Going into next season with Wroten, Bayless, Q, Conley, TA, Prince, Franklin seems unlikely. I expect them to either find an upgrade over Bayless or go after a backup PG that brings more to the table than Wroten. I also don't expect both TA and Prince to start. It will be either one or the other.

Simmons is great in moments.. not having a filter (for ESPN's standards) makes for some funny moments like his knee-jerk reactions to picks and trades "What?!?" :lol:

Other times when he lets his bias get in his way or when he forgets he's not in front of his computer, it just makes for awkward TV.

All I know is the ESPN basketball crew was never better than last night. Bilas as their expert who knew the players, Bill as the wildcard, Jalen singing randomly, and Rece giving the crew someone to look to.

I'm starting to think Simmons is ESPN counter to Chuck since Stern kinda stop ESPN from hiring SVG.

I enjoy Simmons he mad the draft a bit funner. He was the total fan and he just analzyed all the picks down the road like most fans do.

"Pouring a 40 out for Block Party" :lol: and the Anthony Bennet "Wow"

That pouring out a 40 comment was so quick, I'm sure a lot of people missed it :lol:. I like Simmons on tv at times. If he would stop trying to force his funny he'd be fine.

Given Rondo's personality, do you guys think he loses his patience over the rebuilding process and asks for a trade?

I like Simmons a lot, I love that we have a fan on tv. It's like if one of us got a full-time job watching basketball and were able to say whatever we wanted on TV. He is there to be a fan, he's not Jay Billis. Bill tweeted this today: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/...-fiction-doc-rivers-odd-call-to-boston-media/ . Its clear that Doc quit on the team. When he signed the deal he was told that they would rebuild, and of course he said it was cool so he could get that 7 mil/year.

Simmons (and many people in Boston) are coming off as scorned lovers. Doc and Ainge should have just come out and said that they are rebuilding and both parties find it beneficial to move on. Doc quit. Boston didn't want to pay him 7 mil/year while rebuilding. Who knows which one happened first? Who knows, but Im convinced they both happened. But its fine either way, I beleive both sides are happy.

That Olajuwon moment was dope. The fact that he had the same suit was :lol:.

Dwight Howard is a straight sucka. I want him to go to Houston, which I think is the best situation, but I still don't see any hardware for him in his career. He seems like that kind of dude to me.

I like Simmons a lot, I love that we have a fan on tv. It's like if one of us got a full-time job watching basketball and were able to say whatever we wanted on TV. He is there to be a fan, he's not Jay Billis. Bill tweeted this today: http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/...-fiction-doc-rivers-odd-call-to-boston-media/ . Its clear that Doc quit on the team. When he signed the deal he was told that they would rebuild, and of course he said it was cool so he could get that 7 mil/year.

Simmons (and many people in Boston) are coming off as scorned lovers. Doc and Ainge should have just come out and said that they are rebuilding and both parties find it beneficial to move on. Doc quit. Boston didn't want to pay him 7 mil/year while rebuilding. Who knows which one happened first? Who knows, but Im convinced they both happened. But its fine either way, I beleive both sides are happy.

I believe that was the case, but Doc should have been smarter to ask for a shorter contract so when the players are gone, he could leave if he wanted also. I think Ainge might have been playing chess with guess the length of tenure for each of them there. He knew it would come to this so if anyone decided to walk, he'd get SOMETHING in return for them. That being said, I fully expect Rondo to get traded at some point.

I haven't see Simmons on tv much, but dude was hilarious last night :lol: and I do think that's the best panel espn has had as well.

Paul and KG :frown: Thanks for everything guise. P2 leaving the Celtics feels like the official end of my childhood :smh:

That being said i like the value :pimp: :pimp: Mad picks coming our way :smokin

Celtics about to have a couple down years, though. Hopefully Rondo can keep his emotions intact and ride this thing out. I wish they would extend him for big money.

I hope Brooklyn does well next year and is a top 3 seed in the East.

Feels like just yesterday

:frown:

Nets going for PR and ticket sales. Jason Collins brings nothing to the table at this point of his career.

I'm calling it early. No team have ever reach 4 Finals in a row since the 80s. Unless Heat sign Oden and he balled out. I don't see them beating the Pacers again to advance. Not sure if they can handle another 7 games series lol. Emotionally they gotta be drained from 3 straight finals. Ray is about to be 38. Wade is declining. Lebron is tired from all the mileages from last 3 Finals. Teams like Chicago, Nets, even Knicks would rough them up in the second round then the hungry and seeking for revenge Pacers would go in for the kill in the ECF.

As far as the West. If Spurs are healthy and Pop continue to Popoviched his starters. etc. I see the Spurs emerges once again late in the season to make another push in the playoff. They're not done yet. lol

My Lakers though, if healthy and D12 come back, we might mess around and advance to the second round. Too bad OKC will be there again so we might get washed lol, who know. Wish them luck though. The league haven't seen a fully healthy Lakers for a whole season so they might get lucky and beat OKC to advance to WCF.

Houston, GSW, Denver etc would probably canceled out each other in first or second round. Houston doesn't have enough talents to make it far. Curry would likely to rolls his ankles once or twice in the playoff lol. Can't trust his ankles lol. Denver up and down game is questionable in the playoff and they have no go to guy in the half court.

let it go b. less lebron hate. more hooked on phonics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom