Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just checked out what Paul was doing at the age of 22 compared to Wall and :x (3rd year in the league)

28.3 PER, 21.1ppg, 11,6apg, 4rpg, 2.7spg, 48/37/85 3PT, 57%TS :smh:

Playoffs (his 1st yr):

30.7 PER, 24.1ppg, 11.3apg, 4.9rpg, 2.3spg, 50/24/79, 56%TS

Lawd.

Crazy
Based on advanced stats, Paul is at worst the second best PG of all time. What we're seeing from him right now is as good as it gets at the PG position.

Of course, on-court results and overall career accomplishments put Magic ahead of him. But just based on stats Paul's play is on the same level.

He has a huge hump to get over when it comes to playoff performance though. I think people give him a pass on this because he's a little guy, but he needs to develop more of a #1 scorer mindset in the postseason if he wants to cement his legacy.

I'll report someone for the first time.
mean.gif
laugh.gif
lol we need a neg rep system

Based on advanced stats, Paul is at worst the second best PG of all time. What we're seeing from him right now is as good as it gets at the PG position.

Of course, on-court results and overall career accomplishments put Magic ahead of him. But just based on stats Paul's play is on the same level.

He has a huge hump to get over when it comes to playoff performance though. I think people give him a pass on this because he's a little guy, but he needs to develop more of a #1 scorer mindset in the postseason if he wants to cement his legacy.
same was said bout stockton

Lmao Pg is better then luol just based off of his athletic ability alone

This. And Lu plays for my team.

Thng is, Paul George is one of the best defenders in the NBA, in his 3rd season.

Buddy listed him with OJ ******g Mayo, JR Smith, and Plays Once a Month Eric Gordon.

And he was like, cool. Those names fit. :rofl: :rolln

George defends better than those guys dribble a basketball. It's not even close to a discussion. It's about the same as saying Patrick Willis is in the same player range as Mark Sanchez.

Then he mixed in some Iggy and Deng. I can get that. Only, as stated, my man PG is 23, 3 damn seasons. He's a baby in this league. Iggy and Deng are who they are, they aren't going to get a smidge better. George is only scratching the surface. He just went toe to toe with Bron and Wade to the tune of 19-7-4 in the playffs with that defense and was a game away from the Finals. But hey Mayo, JR, Deng, Iggy and limp around it is. :lol:

I suppose he forgot to throw Batum and Kawhi in there as well, they prolly won't get no better neither. :smh: :lol:

man i cant get down with this anothony hate. still one of the most exciting players in the nba

You really think he's exciting? He's an unbelievable scorer and a great player, but I don't find his style of play particularly exciting. He's pretty much a jump shooter. Not too much to be excited about if you ask me, unless he gets on one of those crazy hot streaks and just can't miss.

same was said bout stockton
True, he had Malone though. Paul is clearly the best offensive player on his team, so he's automatically expected to take on more of a scoring role than Stockton had to.

Scoring isn't the problem for him or his teams. He's putting up pretty much 21 & 9  which is dragged down by his 17.7 the year before when he was injured and 16.6 when he was injured in the years he's healthy he's one of the top playoff performers in the league

Last year when he was healthy  Blake goes down, and MEM bigs go wild on them while he puts up 23 and 6 on 53% and sporting a 132 ORTG

The year before that he was injured going against the Spurs and got dogged

The year before that Hornets were undermanned against the Lakers were he was putting up 22 & 11 and David West was out and Tyson Chandler was injured

2008-2009 He just severely underperformed

2007-2008 He putting up 24/11 on 50% before losing in 6 to the Spurs

He's been fantastic in the playoffs it's been more about injuries(to him and his teammates) and defense more than his scoring abilities in the playoffs

There are definitley times where your jaw drops watching melo play. When he was on that hot streak leading up to the scoring record... It was really, really fun to watch. And he does it without garbage calls for the most part.

Of course there are plenty of games where u can drive u nuts.

I will contend that 2008-09 was CP3's best season. He had it all that season, individually speaking. The Hornets just screwed things up the summer before and afterwards for that matter too.

Then he hurt his knee the following season and lost that extra burst. :smh:

Scoring isn't the problem for him or his teams. He's putting up pretty much 21 & 9  which is dragged down by his 17.7 the year before when he was injured and 16.6 when he was injured in the years he's healthy he's one of the top playoff performers in the league

Last year when he was healthy  Blake goes down, and MEM bigs go wild on them while he puts up 23 and 6 on 53% and sporting a 132 ORTG

The year before that Hornets were undermanned against the Lakers were he was putting up 22 & 11 and David West was out and Tyson Chandler was injured

He's been fantastic in the playoffs it's been more about injuries(to him and his teammates) and defense more than his scoring abilities in the playoffs
yea kinda like it was for tmac

Ok i mixed the yrs up big deal like im supposed know who won from 1950'-Till now get over it one yr i missed ohhhh
laugh.gif
Dude thought he was really doin it with naming details of each season. AI and the Sixers, Kidd and the Nets, Malone and Payton/rape case

Would have thought with all those remembered details he'd figure out the small tidbit of info that the Spurs were somewhere in between there

Last edited:

Looking at the numbers he actually had higher playoff stats last year than I thought. But I remember watching the Memphis series and thinking that scoring and general aggressiveness were definitely issues. In a few of the games he just didn't look for his own shot enough, especially in the fourth quarter. If Paul has one weakness in my eyes (other than his knees), it's that he goes through certain stretches where he's too passive or looks to facilitate when he needs to be aggressive.

But he's definitely a guy who can lead a team to a championship with the right players around him. Blake will have to be healthy and much improved defensively for it to happen this year.

Son are you ******ed or just cant learn history....01' lakers faced the pacers got the chip, 02' lakers faced Sixers with AI won bk to bk, 03' faced the Nets with Jkidd 3peated, 04' with gary payton and karl malone with Kobe rape case to then lose to the Pistonsin the finals ....THATS 4 STR8 FINALS App get it correct **** ****

View media item 520047

My dude just ethered himself.

I'm definitley not convinced Paul George is better than Deng.

C'mon Dub, you saw the playoffs. PG is way better than Deng already. Deng is not even a good #2 option.

Last edited:
It isn't really about George I've just always been a really big Deng fan. He's been consistent for years. Need to see a few more years of George before I get on the hype train. He's great. But I see him getting built up and brought done very fast once he makes insane cash

I've seen probably 60-70% of his games in the seven years since that play, and I think I could count the number of dunks on two hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom