Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Miami could go after Rip Hamilton... he could sorta replace Miller's shooting (was in Thibs doghouse, showed he still has darts left when he played in game 5)

Lamar Odom, Al Harrington and Mo Williams are other decent options.

Couldn't the Heat still sign Mo?
not that it would really matter but I rather them sign a dude like capt jack
Sign Mo to the MMLE and sign Capt Jack to the minimum?

#SacKings GM Pete D'Alessandro praised Greg Oden 4 calling him personally to say he would not be signing in Sacramento. Called Oden classy.
— Jonathan Santiago (@itsjonsantiago) August 3, 2013
Can't even be mad. Oden is that dude :pimp:

Riles got him for the minimum too. :lol:

So they still have their full mini-MLE. If Arison is willing to pay the lux tax associated with it, they'll go after Mo next.

Last edited:
Riley will probably end up signing Mo, which won't be bad. I could see Harrington, but what kind of shape is he in to join the squad?

Wish he'd call up Sonny Weems and get him back to the states.

not a surprise on oden's part... he had some other good situations with teams he worked out with, but MIA was the best case scenario for him. even though he's against the spotlight & attention, its his best shot at a ring. plus, he can always opt out next year for a bigger deal.

as for MIA, i love the move on their part... they only threw the vet's minimum at him & its a low risk move. however, the potential could be big for them. really, all they need is for him to come in a play a decent amount of minutes, defend, & rebound. if he's healthy, he'll do that for them, but all this time off, who knows how much he's improved his game. if healthy, those potential improvements, plus his defense & rebounding could be big for MIA off the bench.

Riley will probably end up signing Mo, which won't be bad. I could see Harrington, but what kind of shape is he in to join the squad?

Wish he'd call up Sonny Weems and get him back to the states.
Al reportedly lost 27 pounds & is in great shape. So I guess we'll see.

would approve of that
I just feel the heat need a little grit/toughness to their squad and capt jack would be a good viable option... Especially seeing as they like to play aggressive. I mean yea he is a little erratic on offense at times but he can be a spark off the bench...and add to their second team defense....

He would really be valuable come playoff time versus teams like the bulls and pacers who like to play that physical ball.

would approve of that
I just feel the heat need a little grit/toughness to their squad and capt jack would be a good viable option... Especially seeing as they like to play aggressive. I mean yea he is a little erratic on offense at times but he can be a spark off the bench...and add to their second team defense....

He would really be valuable come playoff time versus teams like the bulls and pacers who like to play that physical ball.
capt jack and birdman off the bench...

Hopefully this dude can stay healthy. I want him on hibbert so he can go back to his 11 ppg average he usually gets instead of freaking 20+. That's if we get em in the playoffs

would approve of that

I'm not sure if you watched Stack Jack play last season. He's finished. He has nothing left.

He'll be 35 by the time the playoffs roll around & most importantly his jumper has deserted him. It's time for him to hang it up.

Mo would pay his way on the team.

I think of Anchorman and when Ron talks to the news team on the street and it's like Mo and Bron.

Mo: "when you left.. the pain was so deep... I dont know if I can go through that again"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom